All these years later and I'm still DISGUSTED at Nas for signing to Jay-Z

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I'm not saying it's not a good deal, but the fact that he had to go to Jay for it is what you're choosing to neglect.

If a coli poster slept with your bm, left condoms in your baby's car seat you would do business with him?

But he didn't "have to go" to Jay. There was a bidding war. He chose Def Jam/Hov.

If I was in a beef with someone and crazy shyt was said about my baby mama (who I wasn't even in a relationship with anymore and kinda hated)...and then years later he apologized to me and happened to be involved in a business opportunity that benefited me? Would I take it? Sure.

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But he didn't "have to go" to Jay. There was a bidding war. He chose Def Jam/Hov.

If I was in a beef with someone and crazy shyt was said about my baby mama (who I wasn't even in a relationship with anymore and kinda hated)...and then years later he apologized to me and happened to be involved in a business opportunity that benefited me? Would I take it? Sure.
What are you talking about? Jayz had absolutely no say in Nas signing to Def Jam. He didn’t sit in on the meetings between Nas & the Def Jam heads and he had no say in the double digit million dollars Nas was given to sign.

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:scust:

Just thinking about that shyt makes me mad. Worst L in Hip-Hop history.

Nas Signs With Jay-Z, According To Report

You will forever be disgusted bc you will never be as successful as Nasir. Jayz had absolutely no decision making power in Nas signing to Def Jam. He was not apart of the meetings between Nas’ team and the Def Jam heads. He had no say in the double digit million dollars given to Nas to sign. Jayz was told after the deal was finalized bc he had no decision making power.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
What are you talking about? Jayz had absolutely no say in Nas signing to Def Jam. He didn’t sit in on the meetings between Nas & the Def Jam heads and he had no say in the double digit million dollars Nas was given to sign.

Jay Z, the president of Def Jam, had no say in acquiring a major artist to Def Jam?

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Brehs been dapping each other up, visiting each other's concerts and enjoying life for a decade plus. I'm all for lighthearted banter that reminds me of the old days when shyt was WAR...but stans taking this shyt seriously in 2020 is just sad man.

Hov a billionaire, Nas is comfortable. They won at life. The end.

Nas is far mor than comfortable. You guys make me laugh with your backhanded compliments.

Life is Good

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jay Z, the president of Def Jam, had no say in acquiring a major artist to Def Jam?
Absolutely no say in Nas coming to Def Jam. He was not even apart of the discussion besides asking if Nas & Jay could have a sit down to resolve any issues. Nas deal was in the making before I DECLARE WAR. La Reid was down regardless.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
How can Jayz a figure head that was also an artist of Def Jam at the time have any real decision making when it involved an artist of Nas’ caliber?

Jay Z, who was involved in doling out budgets at Def Jam, was a "figure head" with no real power who had zero to do with acquiring a major artist? Come on fam. I worked at Interscope, I know how this goes. A lot of artists were unhappy with Jay Z during his tenure. If he was just a figure head, no one would have complained.

I'm not saying Jay Z was the point man for the negotiations. LA Reid was the real boss, we know this. But to say he was a figure head who had nothing to do with nothing is factually wrong.

None of this is even a criticism of Nas, so I don't understand why you're pressed. He got a GREAT deal. At a time when brehs weer complaining about the budgets that Hov was handing out, Nas got budgets that were separate from his advance...the type of deal major pop stars or r&b stars might get. He even got a big ass mixtape marketing plan. Nas is not the loser in this equation. Denying Hov had any role in this shyt is just nonsense.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Jay Z, who was involved in doling out budgets at Def Jam, was a "figure head" with no real power who had zero to do with acquiring a major artist? Come on fam. I worked at Interscope, I know how this goes. A lot of artists were unhappy with Jay Z during his tenure. If he was just a figure head, no one would have complained.

I'm not saying Jay Z was the point man for the negotiations. LA Reid was the real boss, we know this. But to say he was a figure head who had nothing to do with nothing is factually wrong.

None of this is even a criticism of Nas, so I don't understand why you're pressed. He got a GREAT deal. At a time when brehs weer complaining about the budgets that Hov was handing out, Nas got budgets that were separate from his advance...the type of deal major pop stars or r&b stars might get. He even got a big ass mixtape marketing plan. Nas is not the loser in this equation. Denying Hov had any role in this shyt is just nonsense.
Hov’s role in the shyt was that he had to deal with what LA Reid wanted at the time. And that was to sign Nas. Jay literally had NOTHING to do with that deal outside of sitting down and putting they shyt aside to come up with a marketing plan.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
1) nas chose not to be a boss. perspective chump.

2) jayz doesnt have to word anything he says what he wants

3) doing business with competition is normal business. marketing genius your not. aint no friends. business is business sucka.

ole its not unusual to take ether ass. destroyed your trolling easy
Steve Jobs HATED Samsung and Apple still used their components for their products.

Last edited: