All these years later and I'm still DISGUSTED at Nas for signing to Jay-Z

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
Why would you, as a fan, take the Nas and Jayz battle/quarrel more to heart and more seriously than them themselves? Lol. Fans are nuts, vicarious living is a frightening thing.

Certain lines were crossed that you can't take back with an apology

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
SHHHHH YOU MAKING TOO MUCH SENSE:damn:

Brehs been dapping each other up, visiting each other's concerts and enjoying life for a decade plus. I'm all for lighthearted banter that reminds me of the old days when shyt was WAR...but stans taking this shyt seriously in 2020 is just sad man.

Hov a billionaire, Nas is comfortable. They won at life. The end.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
It's a permanent scar on his record. It'd be one thing if he went to Def Jam and went on to make incredible music better than earlier in his career. But you can actually argue that signing to Def Jam is where he fell off artistically too. It's one thing to squash beef, make a collab and then move on... But dude signed to the man who bragged about leaving condoms in his daughters car seat.

Your man has no morals or pride. That was a fatal L he can never go back from.

You nikkas acting like y'all wouldn't have went IN if 50 signed to Murder Inc or Jada signed to State Property or some shyt. Hilarious :mjlol:

Fatal L:mjlol:

Call Three straight Number 1 charting albums, two number 5 charting albums, 6 Grammy nominations, and an Emmy award fatal L’s brehs:russ:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
It's a permanent scar on his record. It'd be one thing if he went to Def Jam and went on to make incredible music better than earlier in his career. But you can actually argue that signing to Def Jam is where he fell off artistically too. It's one thing to squash beef, make a collab and then move on... But dude signed to the man who bragged about leaving condoms in his daughters car seat.

Your man has no morals or pride. That was a fatal L he can never go back from.

You nikkas acting like y'all wouldn't have went IN if 50 signed to Murder Inc or Jada signed to State Property or some shyt. Hilarious :mjlol:

How are these comparable examples breh. Irv/Ja/etc tried to have 50 murdered.
:gucci:

Hov and Nas had rap beef that spilled into some personal attacks and pettiness with no real world, long term consequences. Only long term loser in that situation was Carmen, truth be told (once the child support money ended at 18).

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
Fatal L:mjlol:

Call Three straight Number 1 charting albums, two number 5 charting albums, 6 Grammy nominations, and an Emmy award fatal L’s brehs:russ:

It's an L when you needed the man who disrespected on all levels to elevate your career.

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
How are these comparable examples breh. Irv/Ja/etc tried to have 50 murdered.
:gucci:

Hov and Nas had rap beef that spilled into some personal attacks and pettiness with no real world, long term consequences. Only long term loser in that situation was Carmen, truth be told (once the child support money ended at 18).

Technically it was Preme who tried to have 50 murdered. Irv and Ja were just aware of it.

And y'all acting like y'all can't be Nas fans while admitting he took an L. All this kumbaya, they getting money shyt doesn't retract the L. Nas needed Jay, Jay never needed Nas.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Technically it was Preme who tried to have 50 murdered. Irv and Ja were just aware of it.

And y'all acting like y'all can't be Nas fans while admitting he took an L. All this kumbaya, they getting money shyt doesn't retract the L. Nas needed Jay, Jay never needed Nas.

I don't get your argument now. You say Nas needed Jay...are you suggesting that Nas would not have been signed if not for Hov? If that's the case why did Def Jam give him a ridiculously artist beneficial deal? You make it sound like Nas was on his last legs, couldn't find a deal and Hov helped him out. That's not the case, Nas had a bidding war for his services and went with the best option. Unless you just think Def Jam gave him 3mil an album for nothing...
:mjlol:

If you believe Nas took an L based on your own personal views on the beef/Carmen/baby seat fine whatever. But don't rewrite history and act like Nas was destitute until Shawn saved his ass lmao. That's bullshyt and you know it.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Nas didn't need shyt nikka. Stop it. Jay the one playing this nikka close for his entire career, studying his moves. Trying to be down with the same nikkas Nas down with.

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
I don't get your argument now. You say Nas needed Jay...are you suggesting that Nas would not have been signed if not for Hov? If that's the case why did Def Jam give him a ridiculously artist beneficial deal? You make it sound like Nas was on his last legs, couldn't find a deal and Hov helped him out. That's not the case, Nas had a bidding war for his services and went with the best option. Unless you just think Def Jam gave him 3mil an album for nothing...
:mjlol:

If you believe Nas took an L based on your own personal views on the beef/Carmen/baby seat fine whatever. But don't rewrite history and act like Nas was destitute until Shawn saved his ass lmao. That's bullshyt and you know it.

Nas didn't need shyt nikka. Stop it. Jay the one playing this nikka close for his entire career, studying his moves. Trying to be down with the same nikkas Nas down with.

Y'all still proving my point :mindblown:

If Jay/Def Jam was Nas' best option than Jay clearly wins and that's a big L Nas has to eat.

And if Jay studied all Nas moves to ultimately surpass him at something Nas supposed to be better at then that looks worse on Nas. Imagine someone studying all your moves and you ended up signing to them :deadrose:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps

If Jay/Def Jam was Nas' best option than Jay clearly wins and that's a big L Nas has to eat.

And if Jay studied all Nas moves to ultimately surpass him at something Nas supposed to be better at then that looks worse on Nas. Imagine someone studying all your moves and you ended up signing to them :deadrose:
WHAT

So a bidding war starts among multiple labels and Nas eventually goes with the highest one, at 3mil for 3 albums plus separate album budgets...and that's an L? I'm done man, you not making any sense.

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
WHAT

So a bidding war starts among multiple labels and Nas eventually goes with the highest one, at 3mil for 3 albums plus separate album budgets...and that's an L? I'm done man, you not making any sense.

I'm not saying it's not a good deal, but the fact that he had to go to Jay for it is what you're choosing to neglect.

If a coli poster slept with your bm, left condoms in your baby's car seat you would do business with him?

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

It was the best option for "him". I can't say it was the best option. We don't know what the terms of the Atlantic deal was. Nas chose the deal he was most comfortable with. Surpass him at what? I gurantee Jay has wanted to be in Nas place more than Nas has ever wanted to be in Jay's place.