Anonymous coach: Caleb has stepdad energy

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
Amid all of the excitement about Caleb Williams' impending arrival in the NFL when he will presumably be the No. 1 pick in the 2024 draft on Thursday, one assistant coach in the league is pouring a little bit of cold water on the 2022 Heisman winner.
Speaking to The Athletic's Bruce Feldman, an anonymous offensive assistant described Williams as giving off a "Russell Wilson vibe with this lack of self-awareness."
The coach did make sure to say Williams is a "ridiculous" player who "can do anything" on the field, but there are times "just a little where you want to see him be a more regular guy."

"Are you gonna be able to coach him or is he gonna be more worried about his marketing team?" the coach asked.
Any of these questions about Williams seem to be more directed at people in his camp than anything he's done.
The Athletic's Kalyn Kahler reported in February that Carl Williams, Caleb's father, at least broached the topic with agents about his son potentially getting an ownership stake from the organization that drafts him.
Next Russ, needs to be more of a "regular guy" :mjpls:

Last edited:

JLova

Veteran
Daps
His personality is weird but we'll see how he performs.

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
Scouts: "I don't know if this kid cares about winning enough. He seems to be all about himself." :jbhmm:

Caleb: *Bursts into tears following a loss that he's since elaborated on as the moment of realization that his team was eliminated from the Pac-12 title game, and thus the CFP*

Scouts: "Wait, this guy is way too emotional for me" :whoa: