As an old head who lived through it all, Drake/Kendrick was Pac/Biggie + JayZ/Nas combined, and Drake is one of the most formidable opponents ever...

Hov

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Drake is not a “one person” he’s a corporate entity with factory farmed music insulated by HIS “people”.
That’s true IMO

But at the end of the day it’s about the illustion not the reality

In the world, and to people ears, you are not viewing ghostwriters or watching a lame, you’re listening to hot ass music from a all-time goat.

I was around when Ja got JA’d and this ain’t even close to that, even though he has 500000x worst shyt agaisnt him.

The reason why he’s still standing doesn’t really matter, he’s still standing

Sammy Steez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
MKE
Drake is not a “one person” he’s a corporate entity with factory farmed music insulated by HIS “people”.
You do understand that Kendrick is a corporate entity as well right? He’s backed by a major label and has been given every major industry award there is. Features with Maroon 5 , Taylor Swift, Rihanna, Marvel movie soundtracks, the whole nine.

Y’all waxing poetic as if he’s this underground unknown artist when dude has performed at the Super Bowl is bending the narrative. He’s a pop conscious rapper.

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
It has not been let go :birdman:
I mean.... yea, we still argue but we all know...

I actually think this whole thing will go the same way as Nas/Jay. Drake will "retire", he'll put out a retirement album. Then a few years later do a encore album. Then he'll drop every few years and just be a legend type artist and do features and be a stimulus for random artists. Just not for the ones he beefed with. Unlike Nas and Jigga, i don't see these guys ever doing a track together.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
So, you’re wrong.

1) You can’t ‘hate’ someone you don’t know well enough. Hate can only come from familiarity and/or previous love

What kendrick ‘hates’ is what Drake represents. It’s an old school concept ‘only kings wear crowns’. If somebody is fake but projecting they really like that, you GOTTA check them or it’s an infringement on YOUR character.

And if people cite ‘well he literally said he hates him’, he was evoking DMX and DMX, too, didn’t literally hate Drake.

2) The old school rules is as long as nobody got touched nobody’s wife/baby mom got touched it’s not real beef. Well, Pac got shot. With jay, he fukked his baby mom. Not an allegation or name calling or what somebody ELSE did, no HE did it himself. With 50 and ja, 50 got shot and poked.

So it’s foolish to say this is more hateful than any of those

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
You do understand that Kendrick is a corporate entity as well right?

Absolutely. I have the negs to show for saying as much.

He ain’t factory farming and refurbishing music though. The only reason this battle didn’t pop off earlier was because the cacs that own both restaurants didn’t want Ronald McDonald and the Burger King fighting in the parking lot fukking up their bread.

Things are a little different now.

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Do Right And Kill Everything

giphy.gif

Kind of hard to take a guy mean mugging with a machete serious when he's got a heart shaved into his hair

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I mean.... yea, we still argue but we all know...

I actually think this whole thing will go the same way as Nas/Jay. Drake will "retire", he'll put out a retirement album. Then a few years later do a encore album. Then he'll drop every few years and just be a legend type artist and do features and be a stimulus for random artists. Just not for the ones he beefed with. Unlike Nas and Jigga, i don't see these guys ever doing a track together.
Drake is too immature to retire. I don’t think anyone has publicly “retired” since Jay’s fake retirement that he copied from Too Short.

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Kendrick threw red meat to the weirdo Dr Umar Pan Africanists and The Shea Butter Twitter LSA Femcels.

Kendrick is attacking Drake being Biracial and not "one of us" when he comes from a FBA man, and he is directly descendant of slaves on 1 side.

Kendrick is a clown for emboldening 2 of the worst groups on Black social media :pacspit:

The mental gymnastics of trying to reduce this to ‘kendrick fans’ is hilarious

So a kendrick fan is:

Nggas on the internet
Black women
Hip hop heads
Old heads
Non mulattos
*after Not Like us drops* Nggas who like bops

Once you get past those demographics, everyone knows Drake won :obama:

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
The mental gymnastics of trying to reduce this to ‘kendrick fans’ is hilarious

So a kendrick fan is:

Nggas on the internet
Black women
Hip hop heads
Old heads
Non mulattos
*after Not Like us drops* Nggas who like bops

Once you get past those demographics, everyone knows Drake won :obama:

You are a tether stop using the word nikka you are not like us.

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
Is he really “one person” when we have proof of several ghostwritten songs and tons of allegations?

Nah fukk all that, no other rapper has had as much corporate backing as Drake.

All the MCs you listed above stood on their own two feet. All the MCs you listed above were real MCs. And they also went against multiple adversaries at once. Drake ain't no MC.

Easy to be formidable when you are nothing more than a figurehead.
Facts. Drake is the biggest illusion since Milli Vinilli. Even bigger. The fact that he has reigned at top of Hip-Hop for so long is more of an indictment of the fans and their standards than Drake himself. When Milli Vanilli got exposed fans destroyed their albums and demanded refunds for music and concert tickets purchased.
After each mound of evidence of fugaziness was presented about Drake this era's group of fans said "It knocks, so who cares? He's a GOAT":yeshrug:

Truly :scust: