As an old head who lived through it all, Drake/Kendrick was Pac/Biggie + JayZ/Nas combined, and Drake is one of the most formidable opponents ever...

Uno

Superstar
Daps
I'll say that this feels way healthier for everyone. We can talk about it in real time and then it can be over and we can move on from it quick. I'm sure there will be years of subs but it's done now. I swear it took a decade for the East/West beef to be done and Nas and Jigga shyt went on for probably a decade before the fans let it go.
Do you post on the booth?

• Haha
Reactions: pez

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state
Is he really “one person” when we have proof of several ghostwritten songs and tons of allegations?
sharing a similar sentiment wit the OP except its one person VS a whole invisible label

basically nas VS jay except rocafella is invisible

kenny fighting AI, writing camps

its almos neo VS the cotdamn matrix

drake is like keem helps your pen meanwhile drake is copy and pasting lil yachty songs

its crazy seeing posters who idolize nas, rakim etc turn heel

crazy seeing all the OG and legend figures crash out over aubrey in real time

definitely top 3 battle in rap

big and pac, nas and jay, kendrick and drake

Hov

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:comeon:

So Drake sitting alone in the lab, in the dark, writing these high level raps back to Kendrick by himself?

Why do y'all ignore the ghostwriting? This has been CONFIRMED at this point.

He might as well be Diddy
I never said anything of what you’re saying my emotional brother :heh:

I’m kinda a Drake fan (music be sliding) and a bigger hater I don’t like nothing he stand for in culture or rap esp recently

But we gotta keep it 100. He Barry Bonds. I’ve accepted that motherfukkers don’t give a fukk about that ghostwriter shyt

If this was back in the day he wouldn’t even get radio play or invited back into any room and ppl would clown his mixtapes and his shyt would sound like trash to our ears

We canceled milli vanilli

But this man still got fans, his shyt still slaps, and any other rapper with these allgegations including Jay Pac Big Nas would be WASHED

Yes I know the reason why but shyt still remains true. Kinda like Trump vs Obama (think if Obama did anything Trump has done. Now after racism think of if any president ever did what Trump has done. Trumps dumb ass is got damn finding a way lol)

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
That’s true IMO

But at the end of the day it’s about the illustion not the reality

In the world, and to people ears, you are not viewing ghostwriters or watching a lame, you’re listening to hot ass music from a all-time goat.

I

You're a 2012 poster so I'll reply respectfully, but breh wth are you saying?

You can't give credence to what millions of mindless fans think about the end product.

By your logic Milli Vanilli is one of the best music acts of ALL-TIME.

How would you feel if you heard a full reference track of Hit Em Up by someone else. And all Pac did was rap over it?

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Drake fukked up if we keeping it honest. His popularity was falling over time with the oversaturation of music but he just gave away his fanbase with this feud. Apparently many folks were tired of him for awhile and are looking for a reason to jump off the bandwagon. Its not cool to like Drake anymore.

Last edited:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
If you're from the old school era, you have to remember the Dipset / Tru Life feud. The songs were bad, but the hatred was real. Very real.

Even the Dips feuding with Mase was true hatred. They grew up together and fell out with one another.

Ja Rule and 50 was fueled by genuine hatred. And continues til today.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I never said anything of what you’re saying my emotional brother :heh:

I’m kinda a Drake fan (music be sliding) and a bigger hater I don’t like nothing he stand for in culture or rap esp recently

But we gotta keep it 100. He Barry Bonds. I’ve accepted that motherfukkers don’t give a fukk about that ghostwriter shyt

If this was back in the day he wouldn’t even get radio play or invited back into any room and ppl would clown his mixtapes and his shyt would sound like trash to our ears

We canceled milli vanilli

But this man still got fans, his shyt still slaps, and any other rapper with these allgegations including Jay Pac Big Nas would be WASHED

Yes I know the reason why but shyt still remains true. Kinda like Trump vs Obama (think if Obama did anything Trump has done. Now after racism think of if any president ever did what Trump has done. Trumps dumb ass is got damn finding a way lol)

Drake has been forced down your throat for so long, you have grown to like it. We all have....to a degree. That's MUSIC.

How many times growing up you heard a song and at first you didn't like, but the more it played on the radio you started feeling it? You're lying if you say you haven't.

Drake has an annoying nasally voice, can't hold a note when singing....but it's been forced so long and so much, we've grown to like some of it.

You need a slap in the face to wake you (us) up. This battle is that slap.

Hov

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Drake has been forced down your throat for so long, you have grown to like it. We all have....to a degree. That's MUSIC.

How many times growing up you heard a song and at first you didn't like, but the more it played on the radio you started feeling it? You're lying if you see you haven't

Drake has an annoying nasally voice, can't hold a note when singing....but it's been forced so long and so much, we've grown to like some of it
Nah man that’s where we differ

A lot of Drakes music gets play with me and in the gym and on road trips, esp more recent work with 21 and different things I hear here and there

I’m not really checking for artists to be fans of anymore I just hear what I like and save it to playlist and keep it pushing

Now the acceptance of Drake has def been pushed and I will admit that. But not the actual music. I didn’t hear Hear Loss and think “oh these are ghostwriters this dude is so fake” I heard it and was like :leon:

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
Nas and Jay hated each other
2pac HATED Biggie.
Roc vs Lox was talking about killing each others kids.
50 and Ja hate each other 20+ years in a row.

What are we talking about here?

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Nah man that’s where we differ

A lot of Drakes music gets play with me and in the gym and on road trips, esp more recent work with 21 and different things I hear here and there

I’m not really checking for artists to be fans of anymore I just hear what I like and save it to playlist and keep it pushing

Now the acceptance of Drake has def been pushed and I will admit that. But not the actual music. I didn’t hear Hear Loss and think “oh these are ghostwriters this dude is so fake” I heard it and was like :leon:

I don't disagree on that bro. I have Drake songs in my gym playlist.

But listen, some of the sht is just TOO GOOD, that it made me question the authenticity.

You bring up Barry Bonds. Yeah it got to a point where he was TOO GOOD, and people caught on to what he was allegedly doing.

In regards to drake, at a certain point, just let me hear the nikka who ACTUALLY wrote the song. He's likely the main talent.

You can't call yourself the GOAT rapper and the new Michael Jackson when you're completely disrespecting the art and process of making art.

God said, "hold on playboi"

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
Nah fukk all that, no other rapper has had as much corporate backing as Drake.

All the MCs you listed above stood on their own two feet. All the MCs you listed above were real MCs. And they also went against multiple adversaries at once. Drake ain't no MC.
ever heard of a rapper named Eminem? As soon as Ja Rule dissed eminem his music was damn near pulled from the radio instantly. Him and 50 had been dissing each other for at least 4 years, but as soon as he name dropped eminem in that joint, it was over for him. Don't believe those lies that 50 destroyed Ja Rule's career. It was the crackas in the industry.