As an old head who lived through it all, Drake/Kendrick was Pac/Biggie + JayZ/Nas combined, and Drake is one of the most formidable opponents ever...

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
sharing a similar sentiment wit the OP except its one person VS a whole invisible label

basically nas VS jay except rocafella is invisible

kenny fighting AI, writing camps

its almos neo VS the cotdamn matrix

drake is like keem helps your pen meanwhile drake is copy and pasting lil yachty songs

its crazy seeing posters who idolize nas, rakim etc turn heel

crazy seeing all the OG and legend figures crash out over aubrey in real time

definitely top 3 battle in rap

big and pac, nas and jay, kendrick and drake
It's like John Henry vs the machine

The final battle of true artistry vs corporate interest for the very soul of the culture:mjcry:

Mike Wins

All Star
Daps
Nah man that’s where we differ

A lot of Drakes music gets play with me and in the gym and on road trips, esp more recent work with 21 and different things I hear here and there

I’m not really checking for artists to be fans of anymore I just hear what I like and save it to playlist and keep it pushing

Now the acceptance of Drake has def been pushed and I will admit that. But not the actual music. I didn’t hear Hear Loss and think “oh these are ghostwriters this dude is so fake” I heard it and was like :leon:

Her Loss was a dope project. Drake got a lot of tracks I fukked with over the years. But what been lost is the proper context. Drake never deserved to be viewed as a real artist.

No Way Out is a classic album, better than any album Drake ever made in fact, but nobody ever saw Puff as a serious rapper. If he tried to come at Jay or Nas or DMX on wax it would have been seen as comical. Drake a corporate mascot with an army of writers but been elevated by the machine and sold to mainstream audiences as some GOAT tier rap artist. This feud more than anything is returning Drake to the context he deserve to be seen in.

Jesus H. Christ

I died for your sins
Daps
Drake is one person?lol nikka got a entorage of writers
Drake stans will always avoid, say it don't matter, or deflect to other artist (who by the way don't talk about being the goat).

It's like when a politician say they are honest and authentic but the whole world know they are corporate & there's paperwork to the corporate donations. :heh:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
ever heard of a rapper named Eminem? As soon as Ja Rule dissed eminem his music was damn near pulled from the radio instantly. Him and 50 had been dissing each other for at least 4 years, but as soon as he name dropped eminem in that joint, it was over for him. Don't believe those lies that 50 destroyed Ja Rule's career. It was the crackas in the industry.
Em even survived clashes with the LGBT community without a scratch because of corporate backing.

Under fire for openly anti-gay lyrics? Get gay superstar Elton John to perform your hit record with you at a big awards show.
Sure his backers gave EJ big money for that PR move.

To protect their cash cow, they used their influence to get "journalists" to downplay the leaked "I'm trying to make a bigger hit" song. And that PR move worked because since writers simply stopped covering it, some people could go ahead and act like they never heard the white boy say the slur.

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
Em even survived clashes with the LGBT community without a scratch because of corporate backing.

Under fire for openly anti-gay lyrics? Get gay superstar Elton John to perform your hit record with you at a big awards show.
Sure his backers gave EJ big money for that PR move.

To protect their cash cow, they used their influence to get "journalists" to downplay the leaked "I'm trying to make a bigger hit" song. And that PR move worked because since writers simply stopped covering it, some people could go ahead and act like they never heard the white boy say the slur.
eminem been talking about black folks and fakkits for years. He gets a pass. As soon as a black person says anything about another cracka, we're "racist". And we are called that by other dumbazz nikkaz trying to fit in with crackas.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
eminem been talking about black folks and fakkits for years. He gets a pass. As soon as a black person says anything about another cracka, we're "racist". And we are called that by other dumbazz nikkaz trying to fit in with crackas.

Yeah, individuals make decisions on what to let slide, but as you pointed out, Drake is hardly the first or most protected cash cow artist.

It's still a bit puzzling to hear dudes talk about cacs, cacs, cacs and be the same dudes championing the white boy they heard use the slur.

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state
It's like John Henry vs the machine

The final battle of true artistry vs corporate interest for the very soul of the culture:mjcry:
lol john henry no shaq
I'm actually of the opinion that ALL rappers have people that help them in some regard. there's no way you can have that much output creatively on your own without any help what-so-ever.
ok so with this logic

it wasnt jadakiss vs beans. it was lox vs the roc

so 3 rappers took out a dozen? (rocafella, state prop, carter faculty)

ight cool

so nas had the bravehearts and took out the whole roc +?

im wit this logic good looks

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Drake has been forced down your throat for so long, you have grown to like it. We all have....to a degree. That's MUSIC.

How many times growing up you heard a song and at first you didn't like, but the more it played on the radio you started feeling it? You're lying if you say you haven't.

Drake has an annoying nasally voice, can't hold a note when singing....but it's been forced so long and so much, we've grown to like some of it.

You need a slap in the face to wake you (us) up. This battle is that slap.

Speak for yourself. Drakes music has NEVER grown on to me just like many other artists in the past 20 something years thats been forced onto the public. The only song that I liked from him was that know its real by rick ross who probably wrote his verse. :mjlol: other than that, not checking for him. To me, drake was always pop

Last edited: