As an old head who lived through it all, Drake/Kendrick was Pac/Biggie + JayZ/Nas combined, and Drake is one of the most formidable opponents ever...

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
Do you post on the booth?
I probably got one of the top posts in the Ether Day thread. But I mean that's just for fun. I think when most people talk about Nas and Jay-Z it's just jokes now. Besides a few posters, it's really not serious anymore. I mean it used to be super crazy in comparison.

I'm Blackman

Prep time > Everything
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside of Gotham (Montgomery, AL)
Is he really “one person” when we have proof of several ghostwritten songs and tons of allegations?

Nah fukk all that, no other rapper has had as much corporate backing as Drake.

All the MCs you listed above stood on their own two feet. All the MCs you listed above were real MCs. And they also went against multiple adversaries at once. Drake ain't no MC.

Drake is not “one person” he’s a corporate entity with factory farmed music insulated by HIS “people”.

This

Swahili P'Bitek

Absorbingpovertywithoutlimitations
Daps
Reppin
Mtaani
How people can support somebody with proven ghostwriters is beyond me. That's just disgusting, leave alone the back and forth and false allegations made between the two, that alone should get him out of here. Imagine if Jay Z exposed Nas for having ghostwriters or vice versa, the battle would have been done then and there because the fans took the craft seriously. But now you have a "rapper" who can't write, can't sing, and instead of taking time off to learn these things, he is busy doing a pedo world tour, scouting young ones from England to Jamaica.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If Drake really put all these songs together himself, he deserves a ton of credit for what he did in this battle. But I doubt he did

Charlie Sollers

All Star
Daps
drake is a pop artist owned by iheart radio. he was never a ‘rapper’ regardless of whatever bullshyt song he puts out. POP ARTIST, not hiphop.
I have no dog in the fight but if this is the case, why would Kendrick reduce himself to battling pop stars? Wouldn't that be beneath him? How many of the top rappers got into battles with pop artists, making multiple tracks?

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It took a real one,and a creation to restore the feeling:wow:

I probably still put Rocafella vs Dblock over this for the time being. But if we talking about stakes,and how good this is for hiphop. I might go out on a limb and say this is my favorite hiphop back and forth ever. Most back n forths are either one sided. Or one side doesnt have what it takes. Or one side lands a haymaker and the battle is short lived. As short of a time as itw been,this is probably the lenghtiest rap battle with the most response records. Definitely if we talking mainstream.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

All Star
Daps
I have no dog in the fight but if this is the case, why would Kendrick reduce himself to battling pop stars? Wouldn't that be beneath him? How many of the top rappers got into battles with pop artists, making multiple tracks?
Stop. Read what you responded to and know; What you’re responding to is 1000% correct

you are now engaged in rhetorical semantics and I don’t know your agenda but if you are not perceptive enough to realize that Drake is definitively a pop star, than you are not of the level of awareness that should engage in societal discussions

:francis:

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
One person? This shyt has to be bait :mjlol: (And not the kind Drake is kissing at his concert)

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
his next album will probably be his biggest album ever way things are going

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
This shyt isn’t beef, it’s that plant based fake beef. shyt feels fabricated. How you gonna trade insults over the years and wait a decade to make it official? :unimpressed:

I don’t even wanna think about how BIG/Pac woulda been in today’s age. :huhldup: