Big 3 lifts (Bench,Squats,Deads)

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I really don't want to scare anyone away from doing deadlifts cuz it's a great exercise, but I want to remind everyone to ALWAYS use good form. I figured since I wasn't going too heavy, I could slack a little bit. I was wrong. :mjcry:
Can you go into more detail about this? I'm deathly paranoid about slipping a disc so I'm curious what the experience was like. What happened exactly, and how has your recovery been in regards to lifting?

Troublesome

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can you go into more detail about this? I'm deathly paranoid about slipping a disc so I'm curious what the experience was like. What happened exactly, and how has your recovery been in regards to lifting?

So I arrive at the gym with the intention of working chest. I scan the gym and immediately notice all the benches are taken. One of my biggest pet peeves at the gym is waiting on equipment. So since the squat racks were open, I decided to skip chest day and move on to my next workout which was deadlifts. Typically, on deadlifting days, I like to wear sweats because If I don't, the bar rips my legs up. Well, I wasn't wearing sweats that day, so I figured i'd just go light and not bring the bar so close to my legs. :francis:
I do my warm ups: 135, 225... get to 315 and on the 1st rep... :damn: I feel my back buckle and I'm instantly hit with intense pain in my lower back. I somehow manage to complete the rep and re-rack the weights before I leave. Once I got home, I took a few pain pills and laid face down on the bed and had my girl put ice on my back. The pain wasn't bad while lying down (as long as I didn't try to roll over), but as soon as I tried to sit up or stand...:damn: the pain returned and was WAY worse than what I felt at the gym. When I was able to make it to my feet, i had no problem standing in place, but walking was a challenge cuz I'd receive a sharp pain every time I extended my right leg. So basically, while at home, I tried to lie down as much as possible (while icing my back) and while at work, I tried to stand as much as possible cuz sitting or walking was too painful.

I eventually got a MRI and it showed I had 2 slipped discs.:mjcry: It took me about a week to be able to sit without much pain and about 2 months to get to the point where I could bend and walk without pain. I still get sharp pains from time to time (a year later), but it's nothing too bad.

Again, I don't want to scare anyone away from these. Just make sure you use correct form and you shouldn't have any problems.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Ok my numbers are from 4-5 years ago and I'm very :flabbynsick: now so I don't know my current numbers
DL-505
Squat-425
Bench-245
I was in the 240-250 lb range at 6 ft. My bench was always wack. I can go higher on the dbs. I think I posted a video here several months ago doing 125 lb dbs on the incline.

I gotta do better
I'm surprised your bench is so low...

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
i want to get down to 180. Been doing sprint intervals at beginning of workout the past week. Makes me way more gassed on reps on actually lifting but for losing weight if I dont run when I first get there then ill get lazy when im done lifting and just go to my car and not do cardio at all

and I dont wanna be "that guy" but some of these dead lift numbers im seeing :duck: I been in the gym since 7th grade, im 28 now.. 500+ lbs on dead lift is 5 plates on EACH side (and then some).. I mean I go to Olympia type events, I can stand next to people like ct fletcher and not look out of place.. and the amount of people ive seen dead lift 10 fukking plates in my life I can probably count on 1 or 2 hands at most.. on dead lifts its not even about the weight sometimes but the grip and the bar slipping out your hands or you even getting it off the ground in the first place.. how people in here benching in the low and mid 200s but got enough strength to grip 500 fukking pounds off the ground :duck:

and another thing most people who put up these numbers got some kind of video proof of it.. ima need some receipts
word I feel you, let's see your 405lb squat.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
I really don't want to scare anyone away from doing deadlifts cuz it's a great exercise, but I want to remind everyone to ALWAYS use good form. I figured since I wasn't going too heavy, I could slack a little bit. I was wrong. :mjcry:
I want to say 90% of deadlifts I see in the gym are trash. Your stance when you start is so important....cats always go all the way back at a 135 degree angle ( :mjlol: ) instead of a straight up 90 degree angle....
It is what it is :manny: see yall in physical therapy :win:

Daps
So I arrive at the gym with the intention of working chest. I scan the gym and immediately notice all the benches are taken. One of my biggest pet peeves at the gym is waiting on equipment. So since the squat racks were open, I decided to skip chest day and move on to my next workout which was deadlifts. Typically, on deadlifting days, I like to wear sweats because If I don't, the bar rips my legs up. Well, I wasn't wearing sweats that day, so I figured i'd just go light and not bring the bar so close to my legs. :francis:
I do my warm ups: 135, 225... get to 315 and on the 1st rep... :damn: I feel my back buckle and I'm instantly hit with intense pain in my lower back. I somehow manage to complete the rep and re-rack the weights before I leave. Once I got home, I took a few pain pills and laid face down on the bed and had my girl put ice on my back. The pain wasn't bad while lying down (as long as I didn't try to roll over), but as soon as I tried to sit up or stand...:damn: the pain returned and was WAY worse than what I felt at the gym. When I was able to make it to my feet, i had no problem standing in place, but walking was a challenge cuz I'd receive a sharp pain every time I extended my right leg. So basically, while at home, I tried to lie down as much as possible (while icing my back) and while at work, I tried to stand as much as possible cuz sitting or walking was too painful.

I eventually got a MRI and it showed I had 2 slipped discs.:mjcry: It took me about a week to be able to sit without much pain and about 2 months to get to the point where I could bend and walk without pain. I still get sharp pains from time to time (a year later), but it's nothing too bad.

Again, I don't want to scare anyone away from these. Just make sure you use correct form and you shouldn't have any problems.

Did you or do you wear a belt??

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
i want to get down to 180. Been doing sprint intervals at beginning of workout the past week. Makes me way more gassed on reps on actually lifting but for losing weight if I dont run when I first get there then ill get lazy when im done lifting and just go to my car and not do cardio at all

and I dont wanna be "that guy" but some of these dead lift numbers im seeing :duck: I been in the gym since 7th grade, im 28 now.. 500+ lbs on dead lift is 5 plates on EACH side (and then some).. I mean I go to Olympia type events, I can stand next to people like ct fletcher and not look out of place.. and the amount of people ive seen dead lift 10 fukking plates in my life I can probably count on 1 or 2 hands at most.. on dead lifts its not even about the weight sometimes but the grip and the bar slipping out your hands or you even getting it off the ground in the first place.. how people in here benching in the low and mid 200s but got enough strength to grip 500 fukking pounds off the ground :duck:

and another thing most people who put up these numbers got some kind of video proof of it.. ima need some receipts

fukk you and your juicing ass brother....send shots then come at me directly. Not worth it for me to go heavy with bench since I have a fukked up shoulder. I stand by the 545lbs. deadlift.:pacspit:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
fukk you and your juicing ass brother....send shots then come at me directly. Not worth it for me to go heavy with bench since I have a fukked up shoulder. I stand by the 545lbs. deadlift.:pacspit:
I believe it you're huge as fukk, and I think you dropped a video before of you hitting at 5 plates, asking about form.....

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
:dead: at thinking my brother juice

Then again this the same forum i was accused of using synthol on my arms cause they big :heh:

You seem to be mad from the other thread :umad:

hoodheronova

All Star
Daps
deadlifting heavy weight isn't really nothing good technique cant fix. If you cant grip it then all you gotta do is switch to mix grip and youll be able to grip at least 50lbs heavier. But this is why I do Romanian deadlifts cause it trains my grip.

Second if your having problems lifting off the ground all you gotta do is switch to a sumo stance. This will help prevent you from herniating a disc and put more emphasis on your ass muscles.

I do conventional form cause I'm use to taking it slow on increasing weight. My only addiction is doing way too many reps, that's how I fuked up my shoulder