Reppin
Chicago
pCZVBqy.png

red222

We Ready
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Neither side would comment for the record on what Deng was asking for, though the Bulls have maintained they'd be willing to pay him at or above market value. Given that Andre Iguodala, a player with some similarities to Deng, got a four-year, $48 million free agent deal from Golden State as part of a sign-and-trade deal with Utah, Deng's floor would be at $12 to $13 million per year. Anything above that is likely to be too rich for the Bulls, given the possibilities Chicago can entertain after this season. "We never negotiated," Rudoy said Friday. "We had several meetings. One was to discuss the medical care he got, or did not get, after his spinal tap [in May], which was of great concern to him." NBA.com

Chicago Bulls, Luol Deng, Herb Rudoy | share
"And we had another meeting to discuss whether they would discuss a contract," Rudoy said. "He [Forman] called me a week or two ago and decided they did not want to discuss a contract and that it would have to wait until after the season. I told them they'd have to wait until after July 1, because he would have to see what the market is, and that he would become a free agent. And I couldn't promise he wouldn't sign somewhere else. Now, he loves being there, and he loves playing for [coach Tom] Thibodeau. Loves playing for him. But he has to see what the market is." NBA.com
http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#syvVBxIg4pAuQqV9.99

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The Bulls will look to deal Gibson this summer.
the need to be looking to move his ass NOW

if they cant move him, then there is no point in not resigning deng and bringing booz back fro his final year.

i dont like this assumption that they can just move him with that contract whenever they see needed.

they need to be working on that shyt since this past draft.

red222

We Ready
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
the need to be looking to move his ass NOW

if they cant move him, then there is no point in not resigning deng and bringing booz back fro his final year.

i dont like this assumption that they can just move him with that contract whenever they see needed.

they need to be working on that shyt since this past draft.
Mirotic is coming over we need that space wouldn't that be counterproductive?

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Trying to retain Deng and keep Boozer while along bringing over Mirotic. I don't think just trading Taj will open up space for us to do it.
no, im saying if they cannot get rid of Taj's contact for cap space, then they might as well just resign deng and bring boozer back for his last season because they wouldnt have flexibility regardless to sign an impact player

if they can move taj, then you let deng walk and amnesty boozer and have max money.

red222

We Ready
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
no, im saying if they cannot get rid of Taj's contact for cap space, then they might as well just resign deng and bring boozer back for his last season because they wouldnt have flexibility regardless to sign an impact player

if they can move taj, then you let deng walk and amnesty boozer and have max money.
Then who backs up Mirotic? If we do the bolded.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Then who backs up Mirotic? If we do the bolded.
i dont know, they would have to sign a vet i guess

its pretty simple. they want max money, taj, deng & booz need to go

trading taj is the key to having capspace, you can worry about signing a PF later