can we stop with cp3 being overrated

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
sure,

in the regular season

Do it in the playoffs

This narrative is hilarious.

Paul has made the playoffs six times; he has led the league in postseason player efficiency rating in three of those six trips. His career playoff PER is 25.0. Here is the list of players who have logged at least 1,000 postseason minutes and exceeded that number: Michael Jordan, LeBron James, Shaquille O’Neal, Hakeem Olajuwon, George Mikan. That’s the list.

But PER is a surface stat that scans a player’s overall performance. No evaluation would end there. Paul’s best pre–Los Angeles team was the 2008 Hornets, a 56-win team that lost at home in Game 7 to the Spurs in the second round. That was the only close game of the series, and Paul put up 18 points, 14 assists, and eight rebounds before fouling out in the last seconds. He missed a layup with 45 seconds left that would have pulled the Hornets within three, but he also leaped between Ginobili and Tony Parker for an offensive rebound with about 1:30 left that he tipped right to Jannero Pargo for a triple that kept New Orleans alive.

Paul’s first-round series that season was a snoozer, but the final game was close, and Paul dispatched Dallas with a 24-15-11 triple-double that included an 11-point fourth quarter on 5-of-7 shooting.

He was hurt in the middle of the Denver series the next season, and when he got hurt again in 2010, the Hornets missed the playoffs. The next season, Paul averaged 22 points and 11.5 assists, hitting nearly 55 percent from the floor, in dragging a hopelessly undermanned Hornets team into a surprisingly competitive six-game series against the defending champion Lakers.

Injuries to Paul and his most important teammates have dotted his playoff career. Blake Griffin could barely play in the final two games of the Clippers’ first-round loss against Memphis two years ago due to a severe ankle sprain. Paul averaged 32 points per game on 22-of-40 shooting over the last two games of that series, but the Clippers without Griffin didn’t have enough to compete.

That series might have been over earlier had Paul not gone berserk in crunch time of Game 2, sinking 3-of-4 in the last 2:30, including a buzzer-beater to win the game.

That performance gave Memphis fans some nauseating flashbacks to the previous season, 2011-12, when Paul’s late-game play bordered on the implausible. He almost single-handedly won Game 4 of that first-rounder in overtime, slicing through for a layup with 26 seconds left in regulation to break a tie, and then raining fire with a 4-of-5 run of jumpers and leaners to clinch the game in overtime.

He's been performing it in the playoffs

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Hold on a second. I know you aren't insinuating that if you put chris Paul on that sixers team instead of Iverson that they still come out of the east and win a game against the 12-0 playoff Lakers. I KNOW this isn't what you are telling me is it?

uh, yea? Considering Iverson played like shyt in the 01 playoffs vs the Bucks and Mutombo carried them, give Philly CP3 and they'd do even better. Definitely wouldn't have needed 7 games and spotty reffing to get to the Finals.

:umad:

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
I hate this argument. CP3 has almost performed at a great or elite level in the playoffs.

I'll put it like this...not everyone is lucky enough to play in the weak ass East like AI did but I guarantee that CP3 could have easily ran through the 2001 playoff squad that the 76ers did.

It's like people don't take things like this into account. CP3 has been playing in a stacked West and was going against the likes of Primebe/Gasol/Bynum, the Duncan led Spurs, and other elite teams.

Hell, look at most of the playoff losses CP3 did. He played amazingly in most of those series or games.

-Spurs: Had a nasty injury and got outplayed

-Grizzlies: Played great, knocked down a game winner, and was unstoppable but could do nothing to stop Gasol and ZBO from raping the Cluppers front court.

Thunder: Came down to a few calls and lucky bounces but was still the best player on his team and the best defender, being forced to guard DURANT. CP3 is 6'0 PG and he's the best perineter defender and offensive player on his squad which is hard to deal with.

CP3 is an elite player. He's not just gaudy stats or anything. He's led the Clippers to a top 5 offense since he's joined.

Excuses.....

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hold on a second. I know you aren't insinuating that if you put chris Paul on that sixers team instead of Iverson that they still come out of the east and win a game against the 12-0 playoff Lakers. I KNOW this isn't what you are telling me is it?

Hell yes, he could. IVERSON averaged a whopping 33 PPG on 48% TS which is fukking awful. That isn't impressive.

Dude has never made it out of the 2nd round.

Look how much talent is on the Clippers. They've had Griffin Paul and Jordan for the last 3 years, with various effective wing players.

Eventually the guy who's the so called leader and best player on the team has to shoulder the blame for constant disappointments.

Again, Jordan wasn't very good under VDN and didn't start blossoming until doc showed up. CP3 played great but he couldn't do anything about ZBO and Randolph destroying his front court. Those same Grizzlies gave Durant hell when Westbrook got injured.

Injured against the Spurs and he was the best player against the Thunder and the best defender on his team Which is pathetic.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
Hell yes, he could. IVERSON averaged a whopping 33 PPG on 48% TS which is fukking awful. That isn't impressive.

:laff: hold up, you seriously telling me CP3 aka dribble dribble would have led Mutumbo, Aaron mckie, and Eric snow to a win against Those lakers :dead:

TheSpook

Banned
Daps
Nobody wanna talk about him vs Denver huh? Got outplayed by Russ huh? Outplayed by Curry huh? I see. Bu bu he can outplayed a second tier pg Conley! stfu idiots. He's the epitome of an empty stat guy. PER doesn't prove anything other than he's on a lost of guys who won rings. Why can't he? He has a fellow top 10 player beside him. I thought he made players better???????????????

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Considering Mutombo was the 76ers best player and led them to the Finals, and CP3 is levels above Iverson well yes.

:sas1:

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Excuses.....

Excuses? Are you nikkas serious? So because CP3 didnt go guard ZBO and Gasol, that's an excuse?

People really don't think its possible for a player his ass off but have a subpar performance from his team? Like Jordan wasn't getting swept by the Celtics despite posting amazing numbers? Do people blame Lebron for losing against the Magic even tho he played out his damn mind?

nikkas Still don't realize basketvall is a team sport? If a dude averaged 30 PPG over a series but team he's going against has 5 starters score 15, he still can't win unless his teammates show up too.

CP3 almost always shows up.

TheSpook

Banned
Daps
Excuses? Are you nikkas serious? So because CP3 didnt go guard ZBO and Gasol, that's an excuse?

People really don't think its possible for a player his ass off but have a subpar performance from his team? Like Jordan wasn't getting swept by the Celtics despite posting amazing numbers? Do people blame Lebron for losing against the Magic even tho he played out his damn mind?

nikkas Still don't realize basketvall is a team sport? If a dude averaged 30 PPG over a series but team he's going against has 5 starters score 15, he still can't win unless his teammates show up too.

CP3 almost always shows up.
Again, don't you stans say he makes players better? Why not in the playoffs?

TheSpook

Banned
Daps
Nobody wanna respond to them facts? Outplayed by Russ,Parker, Curry but he outplayed Conley. shyt looking funny in the light to me. Honorable mention Billups sonning his ass too.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Again, don't you stans say he makes players better? Why not in the playoffs?

Making players better doesn't mean you give them a goddamn rating boosts by stepping on the floor. It means yoy can typivally make their lives easier on offense AND PUT them in positions to score. Lebron made his teammates better even if their stats went down because he makes their lives much easier. Same with Paul.

CP3 makes offenses better but this isn't 2K. He doesn't just give a boost by standing on the floor. The big thing is that defense wins championships and the Clippers have almost always been meh to bad on defense.