Chicago heads, school me on deep dish pizza.

Newark88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Newark, NJ
Me and the wife suppose to be flying out to Chicago (South Side) this summer for a wedding. Me being an up north dude, I've really only been exposed to NY style pizza. I mean, you have places out here that sell deep dish pizza but I wanna experience it in the city where it's most popular at. But I keep hearing the Chicago deep dish style is a whole lot different. Any spots to hit up? How does it compare to regular style pizza?

OG_StankBrefs

Da Spice...
Daps
Reppin
Caladan
Born n raised on the southside of the Chi. I never really fukked with deep dish like that. It was good but it wasn't the best imo.

Home Run in is a close second but Fox's pizza on 99th n Western Ave.>>>>>>>>>>> anything else

I aint been back home in dam near 7 years but i believe there's also another one on 95th n Cicero too. But again it's been like 7 years since i been back there so i dunno if it's still there.

Ohh Marty

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Up Norf
Ginos East downtown on michigan > all other deep dish pizza places. The thick butter crust, fresh homemade sauce, and mozzarella cheese is dat piff.

Home Run Inn is good but they dont have deep dish

The difference is the ingredients are at the bottom, then cheese, and then the sauce. U have to use a fork to eat it though.

Newark88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Newark, NJ
Ginos East downtown on michigan > all other deep dish pizza places. The thick butter crust, fresh homemade sauce, and mozarella cheese is dat piff.

The difference is the ingredients are at the bottom, then cheese, and then the sauce. U have to use a fork to eat it though.
Yea somebody was telling me eating deep dish is equivalent to eating a full course meal. There was no such thing as eating a slice.

Ohh Marty

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Up Norf
Yea somebody was telling me eating deep dish is equivalent to eating a full course meal. There was no such thing as eating a slice.

Nope not gonna happen..u will get full off two slices breh. Good :eat: though. Make sure u grab a few cheesy beefs while in the chi too.

OG_StankBrefs

Da Spice...
Daps
Reppin
Caladan
Nope not gonna happen..u will get full off two slices breh. Good :eat: though. Make sure u grab a few cheesy beefs while in the chi too.

And some Harold's.....that is a MUST if you visit da Chi. And if yall really want some good Chicago food getchu one of them Maxwell Street polish sausages.

TheBigBopper

Banned
Daps
Cop a deep dish spinach and sausage from Gino's East or Eduardo's, both listed in order of preference. Lou Malnati's will suffice too, but the crust is way different from the former two and and not as representative of Chicago style deep dish IMO. Many Chicagoans will disagree with me on this point.

TheBigBopper

Banned
Daps
Ginos East downtown on michigan > all other deep dish pizza places. The thick butter crust, fresh homemade sauce, and mozarella cheese is dat piff.

Nah nikka :smh:

Ohh Marty

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Up Norf
:childplease: nikka Harold's is a Chi town trade mark delicacy. I have yet to hear anybody recommend to anybody visitin Chicago to hit up Remus.

Anyone with flour, lawrys, and pepper can fry up that shyt yall call good chicken at harolds :birdman:

Uncle Remus mild sauce and fries GOAT

Wale said it best "We spend some time and get some wine have some milds from Harolds/I told her this here's overrated but I love your city baby"

OG_StankBrefs

Da Spice...
Daps
Reppin
Caladan
Anyone with flour, lawrys, and pepper can fry up that shyt yall call good chicken at harolds :birdman:

Wale said it best "We spend some time and get some wine have some milds from Harolds/I told her this here's overrated but I love your city baby"

11vpqix.gif

On another note, they still got Dock's seafood joints around the chi?

todd1

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Portage, Indiana

Wale doesn't eat chicken that much....that's why he said that.:manny: