Cody already being labeled as boring on WWE page

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I dont watch the product anymore but is Cody Talented? I remember bits from when he first got into the industry/big leagues.

Based on the comments I assume he cant talk that shyt like his pops (shyt maybe a handful of cats in history could even do it lol) but leans on the family thing?

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
Give him some opponents who can draw heat and continue to make Cody be a sympathetic figure.

I've been meaning to make a thread on this;

The WWE now has a heel problem. I've been watching all the backstage stuff and you got Bayley and Rhea hugging and congradulating each other. Damian crying and getting "you deserve it" chants. Rock hugging him. Praising him as the first Rican champ in 50 years. Hell, Roman got cheers ON TV.

And the fans are totally in on it.

None of the current heels, at the top, getting legit heat. And that's not a huge problem. But, it is when u got a white meat babyface like Cody.

Judgement Day got a title, so, no reason to go after Cody.

Gunther most likely going after the WHC...against another heel faction.

Drew is getting cooled off because Punk is gonna be injured for another month or so. Ppl thought Seth would turn on Cody (which would get huge heat), but, he's taking a break.

WWE better getting their heels some heat and quick, for Cody specifically.

Daps
Cody was over immediately at the Cena level and no one knows why. That injury was the third Seth match.
"Finish the Story" literally reeked of "Please Cheer For Me". Once they realize he has nothing other than using his father to get over, they'll get bored of him

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
He finished the story. What they need to do is figure out how to make his championship reign just as interesting as the chase.

He has a variety of guys to face, so there's no shortage of opponents. Also, with the draft coming up, I'm pretty sure some RAW guys are getting moved to SmackDown specifically for this reason. If they keep Cody on RAW and move Damien to SmackDown, they could have guys like Drew and Gunther go after the WWE Championship.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
He finished the story. What they need to do is figure out how to make his championship reign just as interesting as the chase.

He has a variety of guys to face, so there's no shortage of opponents. Also, with the draft coming up, I'm pretty sure some RAW guys are getting moved to SmackDown specifically for this reason. If they keep Cody on RAW and move Damien to SmackDown, they could have guys like Drew and Gunther go after the WWE Championship.

I agree. I mean after finishing the story then what's next. He doesn't have an interesting character or storyline like Roman with the bloodline/head of the table, or Priest with Judgement Day and their potential, or Drew as an arrogant heel. All Cody had was the story of winning the belt for his dad. They need to book his next feud right. I feel like they weren't ready when they booked the 2 matches to determine his number one contender. Like they weren't sure who would work best with him. Faces haven't really done well as champs lately with Rollins having had lost momentum and interest in his run. Even the other belts, Roman and Gunther were heels who had long runs. Logan Paul currently doing the same as US champ. Rey had a few month reign before that but Theory had a longer one before him and he's a heel. The problem with faces is that their characters aren't as interesting. The whole underdog face defeating the big strong heel isn't something that seems entertaining consistently. Look at Seth and how so many wanted him to lose the title for months until it happened at mania. Of course they booked themselves into a corner and had to have the cash in but long as they got the belt off Seth the fans were happy. Not sure what's gonna happen with Cody but gonna be interesting to see what the sentiment and discussions are if he's still champ at summerslam. Bloodline has something going on still especially now with Jimmy being kicked out and Tama Tonga coming in. So now what will Cody and the rest of the roster have? They need to figure shyt out with the draft coming up.