Cody already being labeled as boring on WWE page

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
So now we doing a countdowns for when a babyface will get booed even though all the evidence we have is the babyface being the most successful at that role WWE has had in forever :dead:
tenor.gif

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Fans were mentioning about Seth needing to drop his title since Summerslam or before and all he had was people singing his theme song. Let's see how the fans react to Cody other than yelling WOAH. Entrance participation don't mean shyt. Just ask the AEW crew about Jericho. Folks were all happily singing Judas and now they want him off the screen cuz he's not helping at all. Not saying that will happen to Cody but what happens after the theme song ends is as important as when it's playing. Hopefully he can adapt whichever way things go.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Fans were mentioning about Seth needing to drop his title since Summerslam or before and all he had was people singing his theme song. Let's see how the fans react to Cody other than yelling WOAH. Entrance participation don't mean shyt. Just ask the AEW crew about Jericho. Folks were all happily singing Judas and now they want him off the screen cuz he's not helping at all. Not saying that will happen to Cody but what happens after the theme song ends is as important as when it's playing. Hopefully he can adapt whichever way things go.
What are you guys talking about?
He's been the most popular babyface in the company by a country mile going on 2 years now :mjlol:

King Kai

Supporter
Daps
He's newly crowned so it won't happen that quickly but they'll tire of his over-rehearsed shtick over time

Last edited:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
He's newly crowned so it won't happen that quickly but they'll tire of his over-rehearsed shtick over time
With John Cena in 04 and 05..it was easy to see. I knew it. I knew they would turn on it. He was protected by the rapping promos..it was creative and different. Then he went to Raw and changed..did that Chain Gang stuff, did regular promos, and was promoted as underdog even though he looked as unstoppable as Austin in 98. Lost no matches. Silly premise.

Cody is a long way from that..he gets beat down sometimes...

King Kai

Supporter
Daps
With John Cena in 04 and 05..it was easy to see. I knew it. I knew they would turn on it. He was protected by the rapping promos..it was creative and different. Then he went to Raw and changed..did that Chain Gang stuff, did regular promos, and was promoted as underdog even though he looked as unstoppable as Austin in 98. Lost no matches. Silly premise.

Cody is a long way from that..he gets beat down sometimes...
Cena was better on the mic and naturally more charismatic.

Cody is too awkward and rehearsed. Even the "you two haven't been doing any of the cooking!" :gladbron: line at the press conference came off as the kid who gets bullied in class so he thought of a comeback in the shower one day for the next interaction.

They dismissing anyone that don't like his promos as Roman/Rock stans but that segment of people that just don't like Cody's shtick has existed since AEW days. I get that he's a good face and company man and yadda yadda and I don't even disagree with that, I just find his promos corny.