Dennis Schröder rejects 4 year $84M extension from Lakers (Per ESPN's Fat Elephant Cac)

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'll sit out and wait till someone needs a PG. 5.9 mil is chump change and an opportunity will likely open up. Someone will get hurt as always.

yeah that’s what I was saying about a few others. Injuries will occur in preseason for example or early in the season. Or a trade may occur. Just be patient I want to say he can still get some of the MLE during the season if a team has it left.

He likely needs a team where he can get minutes and shots. Not looking like he wants to be a backup so that may be his last choice.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Go to the highest bidder in China for a year.

Are we sure this is the agent's doing? Schroeder can just be delusional and think he's worth $100+M.

If I go to you and tell you 'this is a great deal, you should take it' and you tell me no, is it my fault?
Nah, I'm not sure If it was his agent's idea or his. But even if it was his...the agent should have further stressed the point to sign this deal. That you're over evaluating yourself. That's what the agents for. Maybe he did that though.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Nah, I'm not sure If it was his agent's idea or his. But even if it was his...the agent should have further stressed the point to sign this deal. That you're over evaluating yourself. That's what the agents for. Maybe he did that though.

That's what I'm saying. We're drawing conclusions on incomplete data. All we know is that he was offered 4/84 from the Lakers at some point before the season ended and he turned it down. Maybe his agent begged Dennis to take it. We just don't know.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
nikkas is laughing but BM getting fukked money wise is never a laughing matter to me. Chandler Parsons got 100 mil. Duncan Robinson got 90m. Sorry but I don't even like Dennis but he's a BM, I ain't cool with this.

It’s his fault though.

Parsons took the money and ran

Duncan Robinson would probably still be unsigned if he rejected the $90 million and said he wanted 120.

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
nikkas is laughing but BM getting fukked money wise is never a laughing matter to me. Chandler Parsons got 100 mil. Duncan Robinson got 90m. Sorry but I don't even like Dennis but he's a BM, I ain't cool with this.

It’s not like teams are blackballing dude. Breh had a $84M contract offer from the Lakers and rejected it talking about he wanted a “fair deal”. No other team was gonna offer him that kind of money. This is all on him. Breh got greedy.

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
Idiot. Everyone knows that if you are going to test the market, you have to kill it the final year of your contract.

Plus the Lakers would have traded him, so he would have had a clean start.

Can't blame other teams for not being interested. The reality is he's a ok starter at best.

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Idiot. Everyone knows that if you are going to test the market, you have to kill it the final year of your contract.

Plus the Lakers would have traded him, so he would have had a clean start.

Can't blame other teams for not being interested. The reality is he's a ok starter at best.
84 mil and be traded or 5 mil and being able to pick your team. Dude is an idiot and should have listened to Bynum "There are ATM in every city"