First Time in the USA/ staying in Hawaii AMA

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ive been here for a few weeks now. First impressions
EVERYTHING is so damn EXPENSIVE, I Know Hawaii is more expensive than the mainland but Christ on a bike.
The people are really friendly
Why are your plugs so weak over here??
Driving on the wrong side of the road is weird, still get in the wrong side of the car.
Why are ppl bagging your groceries still a thing, cant ppl do that themselves
Why should I give my card to someone behind the counter to take it away to make payment. (Weird, almost had to fight a bytch)
There are chickens and rooster EVERYWHERE HERE. My pot is looking kinda empty, gonna fill it real soon.
Tipping hasn't been as confrontational as I thought.
Obviously the weather is GORGEOUS
The food is AMAZING! Ive had pokè more or less everyday. Ive yet to try any junk food, Ive had Denny's does that count? Their syrup was so weirdly sticky, must be the high fructose corn syrup.
I also had the orange chicken from Panda express, it was MEH.
The gym here has alll the equipment, london is slacking. Theres even a calf raising machine, i was like there's a machine for this :russ:
There is fruit on every single tree and no one seems to be eating them, I'm tempted to climb over someones fence. Might get shot tho.
Also the no guns allowed signs freak me out everytime, reminds me theres guns everywhere.
Also alot of people have commented on my accent, feels a bit like a novelty.

I'll come back when I remember anymore.
Did you get laid when you came off the plane?

Windows 91

Unreleased Operating System
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
C:\
I already know Hawaii is a place i will never go. No way in hell I’m spending that much money to still be in the states. You can go to Europe, Africa, hell Australia for the cost of Hawaii

I've heard this same sentiment from a lot of East Coast people and it makes sense. From Western states, flights to Hawaii are pretty cheap. It was cheaper for me to fly to Honolulu than any of my flights to Chicago to visit family.

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 🏝️ Of Relevancy
Great deduction skills.
I know your not use to men who can read people. But Yeah I'm pretty smart, no big deal.

giphy.gif

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876
I've heard this same sentiment from a lot of East Coast people and it makes sense. From Western states, flights to Hawaii are pretty cheap. It was cheaper for me to fly to Honolulu than any of my flights to Chicago to visit family.
I guess because the country is so big it costs a fortune to travel across. This may be why alot of Americans don’t leave the country, if it costs so much to fly internally; flying internationally must cost an arm and a leg.

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876
Another thing I’ve noticed here, the CONSTANT ADVERTISING. Before when ppl were saying they were getting weird ads at the bottom of the page I didn’t know what they were referring to, now I see them. There must be some EU law against it. Even on Spotify, pay for premium and I get ads here when I never did before at all unless the presenters are pushing a product. It’s a constant intrusion. I’ve already paid for the silence.

COLI MANDINGO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Chi
:gucci:

Where do you live? There are beautiful women everywhere I go in chicago.
Where they at? Southside is dry as hell—Hyde park dry. I go there almost everyday, west loop be dry during the day. Hoxton hotel is about the only spot you’ll consistently see good lookin women—but that’s at night and on weekends… otherwise throughout most American cities especially during the day it ain’t really full of baddies like that… just sayin 🤷‍♂️ abroad got finer women just facts—or maybe they got more of what I like—stylish, classsy… 🤷‍♂️

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876
yeah it ain't cheap but its worth it. Also reccommend the polynesian cultural center, its an all day thing, but really worth it, lots of activities and I beleive they serve dinner and have a luau. Still gotta do Paradise cove. I also reccommend Gen Korean BBQ. There are some other Korean BBQ options but Gen has some of the best quality meat. They just opened a Texas de Brazil at Ala Moana Mall, it was damn good, but 70$/person. whatever house drink they have is really good as well. Someone also Mentioned Kakaako area, there are several reseraunts there that are good. 1812 Indochina and Moku Kitchen are good. Also they opened a Monkey Pod in Waikiki, highly reccommend the Mai Tai's. Are you staying in Waikiki? If you have questions let me know, I live here and I am more than happy to offer advice.
I went to Monkey Pod in Ko’Olina today, the food was great the music was good and the vibe was on point. Excellent recommendation. I also had the Mai Tai’s they were good.

I also went Axe throwing today followed by the night ninja rope course at Coral Canyon. Those rope courses are no joke!

Traveler

All Star
Daps
I went to Monkey Pod in Ko’Olina today, the food was great the music was good and the vibe was on point. Excellent recommendation. I also had the Mai Tai’s they were good.

I also went Axe throwing today followed by the night ninja rope course at Coral Canyon. Those rope courses are no joke!
That's the one I go to i usually get the bulgogi tacos. Glad you enjoyed.

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876
That's the one I go to i usually get the bulgogi tacos. Glad you enjoyed.
We had the lobster devilled eggs and the poké tacos appetizers. I had steak, he had the green Thai curry and I had the banana cream pie for dessert. All of it was excellent

Idaeo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DC
Nico’s at Pier 38 - some of the best seafood on the island. poke, fresh fish dishes
Giovanni’s shrimp truck - food truck on the north shore known for its garlic shrimp.
Ginza Bairin Tonkatsu - very authentic Japanese spot for deep fried pork chops
Pig & the Lady - elevated Vietnamese restaurant in Chinatown