Gen X never catches any heat for what they did/are doing to the world.

Elle Seven

Superstar
Daps
What did us latchkey kids do to hurt anyone? We got the blessing of living in the analog world too before everything went digital. Got the best of both worlds in that regard, though many of us had parents who were all out working all the time and we had to grow up a lot. We are a generation that knows how to take care of ourselves for that reason, if you ask me though.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Again, during the Cold War we had the threat of nuclear war hanging over our heads as children. Teens? The crack era and AIDS combo. All while dealing with record breaking crime/violence in pretty much every state in America.

Indifference became our armor. We didn't have the luxury of crying anonymously on message boards.

Fred.
These young dudes don't understand the type of shyt that was going on in the 80s and 90s. Man if Zs had to go through that in the 80s and 90s the suicide rate would be even higher.

OnlyOneBoss

Superstar
Daps
Again, during the Cold War we had the threat of nuclear war hanging over our heads as children. Teens? The crack era and AIDS combo. All while dealing with record breaking crime/violence in pretty much every state in America.

Indifference became our armor. We didn't have the luxury of crying anonymously on message boards.

Fred.

That’s cool, I get it.

but y’all grew up and had kids and started families, and teens and young adults out here need guidance and help figuring out life. But they can’t look at their aunties and uncles cause a lot of y’all (that I’ve seen/met) don’t want to grow up and want to be able to stay indifferent about things your entire lives.

and then refuse to accept the damage that has done to Gen Z. And Gen Z can’t be indifferent cause they’ve had the internet in front of them and constant news their entire lives.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That’s cool, I get it.

but y’all grew up and had kids and started families, and teens and young adults out here need guidance and help figuring out life. But they can’t look at their aunties and uncles cause a lot of y’all (that I’ve seen/met) don’t want to grow up and want to be able to stay indifferent about things your entire lives.

and then refuse to accept the damage that has done to Gen Z.

Who is yall? I don't have kids. Never wanted kids, partially because of the shyt I'm saying.

Now, if you're arguing Gen X should've had less kids because they weren't prepared....I agree. But that isn't specific to Gen X. Hell, that's literally every generation that ever existed. And they had far less to deal with.

These young dudes don't understand the type of shyt that was going on in the 80s and 90s. Man if Zs had to go through that in the 80s and 90s the suicide rate would be even higher.

Exactly. Cats are losing their minds because 2020 was fukked up. Try that shyt for a couple decades.

Fred.

SNYC

Black American in NYC (yes, we exist 😲)
Daps
Reppin
BK & BX
We didn't have the luxury of crying anonymously on message boards.
Word.

'Safe space' was alone in your room..until you were told to get off your ass and go outside

No board to ask 'how to get women'. You got tips from elders but mostly trial & error. You actually had to SPEAK to people.

Want to learn how to ride a bike or skateboard? Helmet? Pads? What's that?

Learn to drive oversized cars with no power steering & roll up windows.

You're being bullied? You better learn how to throw hands or carry something. Slapbox with your friends & get used to getting hit

Bookbag on wheels? Nah, you're carrying 10 books on your back daily

Got some nice clothes/electronics? See section above about throwing hands

Beat with a belt? Child abuse? Nah that was called discipline

Quarantine? You have to stay inside? :mjlol:

Etc.

There was some messed up stuff, but that era gave most of us our confidence to this day

Last edited:

OnlyOneBoss

Superstar
Daps
Exactly. Cats are losing their minds because 2020 was fukked up. Try that shyt for a couple decades.

Fred.

nah this isn’t fair at all. It’s not just 2020.

they’re losing their minds cause they see how capitalism has failed, they see how generations ignored global warming and did nothing to try to stop it somewhat, they’re losing their minds cause they had/have no guidance in life.

breh a lot of them are kids trying to figure out life with information from around the world being thrown at them. And they feel hopeless.

imagine being 13 and seeing shyt like the Uyghur Genocide in China, and then seeing that NOBODY came in and tried to stop them. Or seeing climate scientist say Earth is in danger while old folks do nothing to fix it. Or seeing school shootings every single fukking day.

and they’re not just getting bad news from their block, they’re getting bad news from New Zealand and shyt. If you knew how shytty the entire world was at 10 you’d probably go crazy too.

I get Gen X had shyt out of their control happen, BUT, they never bossed up and tried to change shyt, they never looked out for the future. Gen Z is at least being proactive :yeshrug: some of it is cringey and really weird yeah, but at least they are TRYING and they actually give a fukk NOW.

Hate in Gen Z for being cringy all you want, but at least they are TRYING which is more than the latchkey kids can say

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Once Boomers got a hold of power they never wanted to let go. While making it more difficult for people to earn a living. Cutting social programs and their love of free market capitalism.

Gen X. There first generation to do worse than the previous, through no fault of our own. This was talked about in the early 90's.

Also Boomers are greater in overall numbers.
Man that's the fukkIN truth. Gen X sitting their waiting on these old fukks to get out the way. I feel their pain :bryan:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
X are like the most victim of everyone..

-Not computer savvy enough in a computer world
-Studied the wrong field because they taught they would be successful
-not enough manual skills because the world was filled with boomer
-got hit with that divorce flow heavy...men lost so much..

One of their few strength is the housing market...if they owned one..it should be paid...
Honnestly...it goes boomers, millenials and then gen x for easy life...

:laff:

The coli never fails with the dumb shyt

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
If this is True then I am a Gen X(born in 82). Either way I'm very different from my fellow millennials. Thank God for my grandmothers from the silent Generation.
I like the term Xennials for people born 82/83

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

they’re losing their minds cause they see how capitalism has failed, they see how generations ignored global warming and did nothing to try to stop it somewhat, they’re losing their minds cause they had/have no guidance in life.

breh a lot of them are kids trying to figure out life with information from around the world being thrown at them. And they feel hopeless.

imagine being 13 and seeing shyt like the Uyghur Genocide in China, and then seeing that NOBODY came in and tried to stop them. Or seeing climate scientist say Earth is in danger while old folks do nothing to fix it. Or seeing school shootings every single fukking day.

and they’re not just getting bad news from their block, they’re getting bad news from New Zealand and shyt. If you knew how shytty the entire world was at 10 you’d probably go crazy too.

I get Gen X had shyt out of their control happen, BUT, they never bossed up and tried to change shyt, they never looked out for the future. Gen Z is at least being proactive :yeshrug: some of it is cringey and really weird yeah, but at least they are TRYING and they actually give a fukk NOW.

Breh at 13 I was at Central Middle down on 36th and Linwood in Kansas City, Missouri. I was worried about getting pressed by Crips for wearing the wrong fukking color shirt....I didn't have the luxury of looking at my smart phone, worrying about some shyt in China, half way around the fukking globe. :dead:

Global warming? Again, during the 80's we had nuclear attack drills. Designated areas to flee to, in the event of a nuclear attack. Which was fukking pointless, but you don't know that as a kid. Everybody was gonna die. You wasn't gonna go wait it out in the gym. :dead:

School shootings started in the 80's, btw. Didn't start, as they existed prior to that but school shootings as you currently know them, started in the 80's.

That isn't even taking into account the gang aspect. Again, kids had guns in my middle school.

Keep in mind in addition to dealing with all that as kids....we gotta deal with everything currently going on, too.

And for the record I'm not discounting every thing you're saying. I actually mentor a couple Gen Z kids. But aside from idolizing certain pop culture aspects of the 80's and 90's....they made it 100% clear to me they'd never want to actually grow up in the 80's and 90's, because of everything I'm mentioning. I'm not just throwing out random info.

Fred.

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
:laff:

The coli never fails with the dumb shyt
I was born in 81...these are the guys i grew up working with in the various jobs i held...

to me these where my supervisors in various jobs...older friends from the neighborhood.. guy who either where graduation when i joined or young teachers...

I lapped them already...

most of them who studied computer science couldnt even fix a PC..

literally these guys are swarming call centers as supervisors, team leaders and whatnot.. :francis:

obviously this does not apply to highly intelligent people.. just your average joe.

Ducktales

Get Money
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
The Boomers set everybody after them up for failure and those selfish motherfukkers are still the ones running politics and the world at large. Our grandparents had to really go through the struggle and grow up and live during Jim Crow. They held the community together and worked as a unit, the same way their parents and grandparents and ancestors did..

Boomers were the ones to break that pact. felt like we finally made it and got on some uppity shyt thinking they sophisticated. Fraternities sororities, partying, doing drugs and partying in the 80s. Like there were No cares in the world. It ain’t gen X fault at all. They had to be raised by these motherfukkers during the crack era and a culture of hyper violence and incarceration because of that. Im a millennial by the way. My parents are good people, but I look at them the same way. Ask yourself this.. what progress did black people make because of our grandparents. ALOT.We owe everything to them and the ones before. Now what the fukk type of progress did black people make because of the boomers? :snoop:

Crack ain’t the only reason the black family unit fell apart. They was the first “I’m gon stunt on these other nikkas “ generation. Materialism got to them. It became “me” and not “we”

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The Boomers set everybody after them up for failure and those selfish motherfukkers are still the ones running politics and the world at large. Our grandparents had to really go through the struggle and grow up and live during Jim Crow. They held the community together and worked as a unit, the same way their parents and grandparents and ancestors did..Boomers were the ones to break that pact. felt like we finally made it and got on some uppity shyt thinking they sophisticated. Fraternities sororities, partying, doing drugs and partying in the 80s. Like there were No cares in the world. It ain’t gen X fault at all. I’m a millennial by the way. My parents are good people, but I look at them the same way.

This.

I actually interact with Gen Z....they don't give a fukk about Gen X either way. Like I said, aside from damn near idolizing certain aspects of 80's and 90's pop culture.

Their main beef is with Boomers. Where do people think that meme "ok Boomer" came from?

Fred.

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
This.

I actually interact with Gen Z....they don't give a fukk about Gen X either way. Like I said, aside from damn near idolizing certain aspects of 80's and 90's pop culture.

Their main beef is with Boomers. Where do people think that meme "ok Boomer" came from?

Fred.
i am not sure about that...

they hate millennials for having the gut to do what they cant... drop everything and start anew...they are the ones always complaining about millennials
they hate boomers for blocking them from everything..

Hater Eraser

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
That California Lifestyle ...

Hate in Gen Z for being cringy all you want, but at least they are TRYING which is more than the latchkey kids can say

Gen X had toxic masculinity :pacspit: and all the women in the generation had the toxic femininity going on too .. :usure:

Gen X started calling women bytches and hoes in public :pachaha:.. now decades later those same women start the Me Too movement

A lot of baby daddies and baby mamas were created in Gen X .. and since both men/women were all used to being alone growing up and entertaining themselves, break ups weren't a big deal or being a single parent so it seemed at the time .. :manny:

I peep that a lot of single moms from that generation used the kids as weapons and turned the kids against the pops and demonized the fathers ..

Fathers were still young at the time and court systems were instinctively not trusted and men knew odds were against them , so custody battles and resentment rose :demonic:

By the time the fathers were old enough to have their life and game together they learned trades , started businesses , bought homes and worked they ass off to pay child support and save their credit.. :win:

A lot of baby mamas I know blew the child support on themselves , and tried to go to school to get useless degrees and told the kids (Gen Z) to do the same .. :gurl:

Now kids and moms resentful at pops .. who either moved on , GMB , and bubbled and try to give advice to their gen Z kids .. but its too late and nobody wanna hear it :yeshrug:

Just IMO ..

tenor.gif