Hannibal Burress doesnt support rent control and is a landlord and cacs are turning on him

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
They’re gonna lose when they find out he’s a trump supporter

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Pretty sure rent control was created because cities NEED poor people to function. Talking about “get a better job, move somewhere else”. Ok, but then who’s going to work at your local Starbucks, clothing store, Walgreens, grocery store, restaurant, laundry mat, car wash, bank teller, teach your kids(because we know teachers are underpaid), clean the gym, the list can go on and on......

Yea, these low income workers who basically help keep society running, should be able to secure affordable housing, and fair rent.

This only gonna get worse as time goes by. Wages are stagnant for everybody but expenses are just increasing. But folks on here, be like pull yourself by your bootstraps to get out. If everyone could do that, there wouldn't be this many people living like this. Folks don't want to stay in those conditions. Believe me.

Rockstar Mom

PhatGurlSwag
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn!!!!!
But it didn’t work out like that and here you are today with many poor and working class people homeless despite these apartments still existing.

These types of housing attract a lot of selfish folks.

the point of affordable housing or any type of assistance was temporary so you as a human could step your game up financially.

Affordable housing wasn’t made to be temporary. Affordable housing was made to be............affordable. The average income across the country is like 55k(less after taxes). Your average working, non welfare receiving person, cant afford 3K rent. Yet, they are apart of society, and they still need adequate housing. That’s where affordable housing and rent control entered.

Daps
My dad's neighbor is a black man who rented a house through section 8.

He said he'll never do it again.

The repairs he had to make to the house ate up all the money he made from rent. He basically took a loss.

Caused hella stress in his marriage. Almost got divorced.

You might not like their reasoning, but private property owners should have the right to do what they want with their property.

The overwhelming majority of Sec8 war stories are due to the landlord not screening the tenant properly.

Before I'll accept a voucher:
  • 650+ FICO
  • Full security deposit by move-in day
  • View their social media accounts (this probably disqualifies most potential tenants as they won't follow through)
  • 2 years uninterrupted job history
  • Last 2 paycheck stubs
  • No cats or dogs
  • 2 kids max
  • After 1st year lease, month by month lease
I have unofficial monthly inspections. I change out the air filter every 30 days. While I'm there, I check the sinks for leaks and look around the house. I also have Arlo Gos on the front and back doors so don't even think about moving anybody in that's not on the voucher. I've never had a Sec8 tenant wreck one of my properties, but I did have a paying tenant fukk up one. That was way back in the day when I was wet behind the ears.

HellRell804

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Black Panther is an idiot.

I'm not talking about current tenants. A landlord is under no obligation to meet the rent requirements of his current tenants beyond the period of the lease.

If i have 10 people lined up to give me double what you're willing or able to pay, guess where your ass is going after that year is up.

We're not family, I don't owe you a thing besides to honor my terms of the lease.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Affordable housing wasn’t made to be temporary. Affordable housing was made to be............affordable. The average income across the country is like 55k(less after taxes). Your average working, non welfare receiving person, cant afford 3K rent. Yet, they are apart of society, and they still need adequate housing. That’s where affordable housing and rent control entered.

This is where you guys get things messed up. Whenever something is done to help you financially it’s because politicians are giving you the opportunity to level up with less road blocks.

Also these apartments are still AFFORDABLE, but what ends up happening is that selfish families hog up the apartments and cause long wait times for families who need housing to gain access to them.

In NYC the wait time for a Mitchell Lama apartment is 5 years on average

:francis:

HellRell804

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The overwhelming majority of Sec8 war stories are due to the landlord not screening the tenant properly.

• 650+ FICO
  • View their social media accounts (this probably disqualifies most potential tenants as they won't follow through)
  • Last 2 paycheck stubs
  • No cats or dogs
  • 2 kids max
I have unofficial monthly inspections. I change out the air filter every 30 days. While I'm there, I check the sinks for leaks and look around the house. I also have Arlo Gos on the front and back doors so don't even think about moving anybody in that's not on the voucher. I've never had a Sec8 tenant wreck one of my properties, but I did have a paying tenant fukk up one. That was way back in the day when I was wet behind the ears.

:ehh: impressive, a lot of work but impressive.

If you don't mind me asking, did you run into a lot of people on section 8 with 650 or better FICO scores?

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Btw these people bytch so much that I wish sometimes they would dedicate some time to research the valuable information you are providing.

these same people probably never heard of a FHA loan.

They got FHA loans, FHA 203K where they help you remodel.

You can go to the auction houses and find a property for cheap if you know what you doing.

My cousin paid $10K for her house. The city just gave it to her. They didn't want it. My nephew's grandmom got her house for a similar cost. She was renting it and the owner was tired of it and set up a deal where she paid him $7,500 up front and the other $7,500 spread out across payments. Both these houses are rowhouses in the Philadelphia/South Jersey/Delaware area. Are they perfect houses? Nah. My nephew's grandmom was renting there for 20 something years anyway. Now she just own the muthafukka and just gotta pay her property tax bill and that's it.
People just be complaining :mjlol:

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
They got FHA loans, FHA 203K where they help you remodel.

You can go to the auction houses and find a property for cheap if you know what you doing.

My cousin paid $10K for her house. The city just gave it to her. They didn't want it. My nephew's grandmom got her house for a similar cost. She was renting it and the owner was tired of it and set up a deal where she paid him $7,500 up front and the other $7,500 spread out across payments. Both these houses are rowhouses in the Philadelphia/South Jersey/Delaware area. Are they perfect houses? Nah. My nephew's grandmom was renting there for 20 something years anyway. Now she just own the muthafukka and just gotta pay her property tax bill and that's it.
People just be complaining :mjlol:

I’m happy you brought this up. People will make up new excuses when you give them sources.

complainer - But I don’t like rowhomes

Ok then continue being a renter and getting axed out by landlords

Right now the South Bronx has Co-ops going for under 100K.

Yea I get it it’s not a big house with a massive yard but it’s still ownership in a sense and the value of the South Bronx is about to rise anyway.

Rockstar Mom

PhatGurlSwag
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn!!!!!
This is where you guys get things messed up. Whenever something is done to help you financially it’s because politicians are giving you the opportunity to level up with less road blocks.

Also these apartments are still AFFORDABLE, but what ends up happening is that selfish families hog up the apartments and cause long wait times for families who need housing to gain access to them.

In NYC the wait time for a Mitchell Lama apartment is 5 years on average

:francis:

But again, based on the average American income, people literally cannot afford to move out of affordable housing:gucci: I’m not understanding what you want them to do. I’m apart of a housing search group, because I’m looking to move soon. There’s people literally looking for roommates to split a ONE BEDROOM apartment with. Even when you “step up” financially, most people still can’t afford a lot of these outrageous rent prices.

Also, Mitchell Llama are condos and co-ops that people are actually purchasing. Why would you move out of a home that you purchased, just because someone else is waiting? :patrice:

jwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DADE County
People don't care...

For all the "wokeness" of modern people, I'm realizing that it's all theatre.

They operate on the principles of envy, selfishness, and a refusal to self reflect and take accountability for their actions.

The landlord has more than me so he's evil - envy

I don't care what his expenses are, this apartment needs to stay the same price forever because that's how I want it - selfishness

I shouldn't be punished for ruining my credit and not being able to purchase a home and still rent well into my 40s - refusal to take accountability

If you look at those 3 principles you'll see a lot of the motivations of "progressives" they just try to dress it up by pretending to care about some marginalized group who will probably get fukked over in the end by the policies they champion
I own properties. If rent control was reasonable I'll wouldn't mind it. You got places like South FL where they PRICE GOUGE and it's has nothing to do with Owner Expenses. It is just simply GREED. I remember in my early 20's I was paying $700 for a one bedroom in Miami. How about the price increased to $850 after one year? No fukking way taxes jumped that high. There is no reason after one year of renting and you never were late or caused any problems should it jump $150 per month the next year. :gucci:

I do the market rate. It's more than enough to cover any expense and property taxes. If my renter is never late. I won't go up on them. The only way I'd go up is if I had a really huge increase in my expense. But it takes a few years for me to go up normally.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
But again, based on the average American income, people literally cannot afford to move out of affordable housing:gucci: I’m not understanding what you want them to do. I’m apart of a housing search group, because I’m looking to move soon. There’s people literally looking for roommates to split a ONE BEDROOM apartment with. Even when you “step up” financially, most people still can’t afford a lot of these outrageous rent prices.

not sure why you’re talking about the average American income.

real estate is about location.

if a bunch of tech workers are moving to your community then the average 50K salary you’re talking about is pointless.

Landlords in the private market are going to openly rent out their units to those newcomers bringing in money.

bnew

Veteran
Daps

• 650+ FICO
  • Last 2 paycheck stubs
  • No cats or dogs
  • 2 kids max

what would you find in a persons social media that would disqualify them from being renters?

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America
anybody know about second hand smoke laws for apartment living? White broads down stairs smoke cigs in they shyt and it comes up to mine through the dryer and ac vents. Got to talk with the VP of my rental agency about it, sounded good but still there's gotta be something else i could do. I can only turn my bass up so loud and bang music on they ass for so long lol I need next steps