Hannibal Burress doesnt support rent control and is a landlord and cacs are turning on him

Rockstar Mom

PhatGurlSwag
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn!!!!!
not sure why you’re talking about the average American income.

real estate is about location.

if a bunch of tech workers are moving to your community then the average 50K salary you’re talking about is pointless.

Landlords in the private market are going to openly rent out their units to those newcomers bringing in money.

Because there’s landlords literally trying to rent 3K apartments to people, that are right next to crackhouses:mjlol: You think egregiously high rents are only in “rich” areas?

Daps
what would you find in a persons social media that would disqualify them from being renters?

Showing or using drugs, drama/online beefs/telling the world about stuff that should be private, etc. But most of the time it never gets that far as most applicants leave the social media portion of the application blank. If they submit a paper app, I digitize it in a PNG image file, and throw it in the trash. For the electronic application, they're sent directly to the disqualified page, if left blank.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Showing or using drugs, drama/online beefs/telling the world about stuff that should be private, etc. But most of the time it never gets that far as most applicants leave the social media portion of the application blank. If they submit a paper app, I digitize it in a PNG image file, and throw it in the trash. For the electronic application, they're sent directly to the disqualified page, if left blank.

you confirm they won't provide social social media info or just don't use social media?

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
@Black Panther is an idiot.

I'm not talking about current tenants. A landlord is under no obligation to meet the rent requirements of his current tenants beyond the period of the lease.

If i have 10 people lined up to give me double what you're willing or able to pay, guess where your ass is going after that year is up.

We're not family, I don't owe you a thing besides to honor my terms of the lease.

Well.....someone is gonna murder you in cold blood. I'm not joking saying that people are fed up with price gouging.

BeingBetter

Hope Your Day Gets Better !
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Georgia, USA
I was just telling someone I think I missed my calling as a comedian. Im not some hilarious dude, so it’s not cause I think I’m funny. But it had hit me, that comedians can make a living talking shyt about white people. I was like damn, that wouldn’t be a bad living. Get on stage a few times a week in different cities and just talk cash shyt about white people all night long and get paid for it :krs:

Just gotta sprinkle a few “jokes” in there every once in a while
:ohhh:

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg
Pretty sure rent control was created because cities NEED poor people to function. Talking about “get a better job, move somewhere else”. Ok, but then who’s going to work at your local Starbucks, clothing store, Walgreens, grocery store, restaurant, laundry mat, car wash, bank teller, teach your kids(because we know teachers are underpaid), clean the gym, the list can go on and on......

Yea, these low income workers who basically help keep society running, should be able to secure affordable housing, and fair rent.
“Remember this. The people you're trying to step on, we're everyone you depend on. We're the people who do your laundry and cook your food and serve your dinner. We make your bed. We guard you while you're asleep. We drive the ambulances. We direct your call. We are cooks and taxi drivers and we know everything about you. We process your insurance claims and credit card charges. We control every part of your life.

We are the middle children of history, raised by television to believe that someday we'll be millionaires and movie stars and rock stars, but we won't. And we're just learning this fact. So don't fukk with us.”

Oldschooler

All Star
Daps
A lot of smart dumb nikkas out there. Hannibal Burress should stick to comedy. I guess he accomplished what he wanted by getting people to talk about him. shyt you can write a 300 page report on rent control and not get anywhere. There are people with PhDs out there who have literally spent their whole lives coming up with economic policies and have yet to find an optimal solution to this problem.

HellRell804

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well.....someone is gonna murder you in cold blood. I'm not joking saying that people are fed up with price gouging.

Lol no they're not. They're gonna log on Facebook and complain about it and continue to pay exorbitant amounts of money to live in the areas the tv tells them all the important people live, instead of moving to save money or attempting to buy property.

Envy has you murderous my friend. That's 2 of the 7 deadly sins. See how they connect? You're going down a dark road

HellRell804

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
“Remember this. The people you're trying to step on, we're everyone you depend on. We're the people who do your laundry and cook your food and serve your dinner. We make your bed. We guard you while you're asleep. We drive the ambulances. We direct your call. We are cooks and taxi drivers and we know everything about you. We process your insurance claims and credit card charges. We control every part of your life.

We are the middle children of history, raised by television to believe that someday we'll be millionaires and movie stars and rock stars, but we won't. And we're just learning this fact. So don't fukk with us.”

So much wrong with this.

First of all the ultra rich people I'm guessing this refers to might as well not even live in the same universe as the rest of us. You don't live near them, and their houses are gated and secured. And if shyt pops off they're on a private jet asap to get the fukk out of dodge. You're not doing shyt for them or to them, and if you do happen to work for one of them you're being compensated very well.

So basically all this rah rah is for the bottom of the 1%. Which means all this murderous rage is for doctors, lawyers, and other professionals who worked hard to get the salaries they have :francis:

Second of all, who told you you would all be rockstars and millionaires? If the schools or your parents taught you basic statistics you would've known that you probably wouldn't be one.

So many people tried to warn against participation trophies and shielding children from failure but were ignored. But here we are some 20 years later with a whole generation incapable of learning from their mistakes and thinking the world owes them the kickass lifestyle they grew up watching on TV :yeshrug:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Lol no they're not. They're gonna log on Facebook and complain about it and continue to pay exorbitant amounts of money to live in the areas the tv tells them all the important people live, instead of moving to save money or attempting to buy property.

Envy has you murderous my friend. That's 2 of the 7 deadly sins. See how they connect? You're going down a dark road

Really? You act like landlords never been attacked (physically) by the renters in human history.

Like I said, I am far from broke, but I can sleep well knowing that I never make the well being of another person into a living hell.

I would never switch places with you, even if you have more money than me. The mere fact that you justify price gouging at the expense of the working class citizen means you condone exploitation.

Sonny Bonds

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Right now the South Bronx has Co-ops going for under 100K.

Yea I get it it’s not a big house with a massive yard but it’s still ownership in a sense and the value of the South Bronx is about to rise anyway.
You got any links to listings? Don't most co-ops have max income limit to be able to purchase?

HellRell804

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Really? You act like landlords never been attacked (physically) by the renters in human history.

Like I said, I am far from broke, but I can sleep well knowing that I never make the well being of another person into a living hell.

Yea actual slumlords can face retaliation, but is it really worth catching a charge just because you're so afraid of change that you stubbornly patronize someone who mistreats you instead of moving somewhere better for you and your family.

For people trying to establish credit, or those with jobs or other situations where staying somewhere for 30 years is unrealistic, landlords are a necessary evil. But besides those exceptions, you're not supposed to rent for your entire life