Hannibal Burress doesnt support rent control and is a landlord and cacs are turning on him

Sonny Bonds

All Star
Supporter
Daps
But when the rent is controlled in good locations, a lot of tenants end up subleasing their apartments on the low because the extra cash is too good.

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
C'mon bruh.. Anybody with an above average IQ (which is not most on this site) can see that you saying this post is "one of the dumbest in Coli history" is clearly some emotional bullshyt. Instead of saying you disagree and logically refuting what he said you said some inflammatory bullshyt because you know us black folks are a sucker for drama. Imagine if you were somebody from the ghetto who struggled their entire life to buy a piece of property to profit of.

You never went out because it was too expensive. Gifts on christmas and holidays were almost non existment because you wanted to save money. You worked overtime at the call center because you wanted to stack your money. You avoid drugs and alcohol and almost all social functions because you see that as nothing but a financial drain. Eventually you save enough to buy a property and you rent it out. It's been a year and now you want to raise your rents. Then you come on thecoli.com and a negro starts talking to you foul as if you're some capitalist overlord because you want to raise your rents. GTFOH.

I understand your sentiment in that in a lot of major cities there isn't enough affordable housing but to paint every property owner out as some evil capitalist scum is some dishonest collectivist identity politics bullshyt.
But you have no issue with dude making generalizations about people that are advocating for fair rent?

Jakarta

Go Pack Go
Daps
Reppin
chicago
But when the rent is controlled in good locations, a lot of tenants end up subleasing their apartments on the low because the extra cash is too good.

I'm probably just stupid, but I very much doubt this because it seems like more trouble than it is worth.

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
The elephant in the room with ever increasing real estate prices in the US is immigration. With a porous border, there is practically unlimited demand for American real estate. That doesn't mean it's in our interest to satisfy that demand. I mean, the US could probably accommodate 1 billion+ people, but that wouldn't necessarily be a good idea.

Foreign investments supercede that. Ask the bay

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
People don't care...

For all the "wokeness" of modern people, I'm realizing that it's all theatre.

They operate on the principles of envy, selfishness, and a refusal to self reflect and take accountability for their actions.

The landlord has more than me so he's evil - envy

I don't care what his expenses are, this apartment needs to stay the same price forever because that's how I want it - selfishness

I shouldn't be punished for ruining my credit and not being able to purchase a home and still rent well into my 40s - refusal to take accountability

If you look at those 3 principles you'll see a lot of the motivations of "progressives" they just try to dress it up by pretending to care about some marginalized group who will probably get fukked over in the end by the policies they champion
:wow:

HellRell804

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're not thinking critically, you're repeating conservative talking points and very obviously lack understanding of how an economy actually works :yeshrug:

You can't just call something a conservative talking point and think that automatically makes it invalid.

You're basically saying a conservative can't be right about anything, which is statistically impossible.

Besides that, numerous studies actually suggest that rent control actually results in rent increases, because lack of profit disincentives people to invest in rental properties, which causes a shortage of supply, which makes existing properties more valuable and, by extension, cost more money.

But please school me, share your economic genius