I thought Bronny James was an overhyped heir/legacy case. But his head is at rim level now

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
If Bronny wasn’t Lebron son and just a regular kid who put up the numbers he did in high school and AAU he’d most likely be at most a 2 star prospect maybe a 3 star by senior year if he had a good summer..

His athleticism would get him noticed and he can knock down the 3 consistently he wound def get low to mid major d1 attention coming from sierra canyon if he was regular..

Kid like him would end up at a school like Loyola Marymount or Long Beach state instead cause he bron kid he got Ohio State and high majors calling lol
He's way better than a 2 or 3 star. DeAnthony Melton is actually a good comp but James can shoot it better. Where Melton is better at this stage is length. I still say Bronny grows to 6'5 and he's a lot like Mathurin. Inches matter so much for hoppers. Few are like Bron where he's insane regardless from 6'6 to 6'10.

getmoney310cpt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Compton CA/Rosecrans Ave
He's way better than a 2 or 3 star. DeAnthony Melton is actually a good comp but James can shoot it better. Where Melton is better at this stage is length. I still say Bronny grows to 6'5 and he's a lot like Mathurin. Inches matter so much for hoppers. Few are like Bron where he's insane regardless from 6'6 to 6'10.
Most 3-5 star recruits avg 18-25 ppg by senior year

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Idk breh is already 18. However, yea that wingspan is hurting him right now. Its why he doesnt finish as well as he should in the half court. Mitchell and Wade having long arms helped them play bigger.

Bron grew from 6'7 to 6'9 so maybe though.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Idk breh is already 18. However, yea that wingspan is hurting him right now. Its why he doesnt finish as well as he should in the half court. Mitchell and Wade having long arms helped them play bigger.

Bron grew from 6'7 to 6'9 so maybe though.
Bron was 6'7 barefoot going into the NBA. He had a late growth spurt where he's 6'9 barefoot now. Bronny can still gain some inches as his dad did. Bron did consistently grow though. He went from 6'3 barefoot, to 6'6, then senior year to 6'7 barefoot and at around 21 at 6'9. Bronny doesn't seem to have grown since 15.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Most 3-5 star recruits avg 18-25 ppg by senior year
I said it in the other thread, but the major difference between Bronny and DJ Wagner (Bronny is more athletic/DJ has a better frame/skillset) is that Bronny hoops like he knows his dad is one of the richest athletes ever. DJ hoops like his dad only hooped in the pros a couple years. So that money is gone and he's trying to get his own bag.

Then again Austin Rivers was more of a "dog" in HS. He seemed like he was getting 25 to 30 a night and now he's just wing defender. Being an NBA player is tough.
Bron was 6'7 barefoot going into the NBA. He had a late growth spurt where he's 6'9 barefoot now. Bronny can still gain some inches as his dad did.
But again its about his level of dog. Collier looks like a dog out there. Bronny goes through the motions too much.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I said it in the other thread, but the major difference between Bronny and DJ Wagner (Bronny is more athletic/DJ has a better frame/skillset) is that Bronny hoops like he knows his dad is one of the richest athletes ever. DJ hoops like his dad only hooped in the pros a couple years. So that money is gone and he's trying to get his own bag.

Then again Austin Rivers was more of a "dog" in HS. He seemed like he was getting 25 to 30 a night and now he's just wing defender. Being an NBA player is tough.

But again its about his level of dog. Collier looks like a dog out there. Bronny goes through the motions too much.
Austin played for Winter Park. They didn't really play anyone outside of tourneys. Also, HS is easier for undersized 2s like Rivers where they can just dominate off their elite 1st step alone. Rivers was insane in HS but even then, we had questions how he would translate in college.

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bronny doesn't need to ball like he has something to prove or ball to impress bc of his background etc. I honestly believe this is strategic. Is it unconventional? Can it lead to ppl not truly appreciating his skills? Absolutely. But it seems to be the plan. If he makes it to the league it's not going to be after playing 3-4 years in college. There is zero incentive to try and impress media, social or traditional, or even college scouts by scoring 40pts a game against little kids.