If You are in Your Mid 30's, You are Middle Aged...

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The math ain't mathin.. How is 33 middle age, when your not considered a senior citizen until after the age of 65??? Your not even a full male lion until ages 35-45 considering that's when you make the most money in your career.. Your not middle age until after 50.. That's when you see a lot of men trying to keep up with younger men, or trying to see if they still got it.(the saying: "mid life crisis").. I don't know why young people today think you have to have your life together by 25-30.. Unless you grew up wealthy, that's dam near impossible smh

You don't have to have your life together by that age, but the idea that you can fukk around until that point and then magically turn it around is a dangerous message that I see being pushed on young people.

Prynce

Daps
I hear you but I had a bytch I was serious with in my 20s and I knew better than to get her pregnant as I didn’t have the means to provide for her and a child..she ended up being aint shyt and I dogged a bullet no kid no marriage and people were pressuring me to do it…

Life is all about decisions was all I was saying …can’t be woe is me about the decisions you made when it don’t turn out the way you want it to be..it’s a tough pill even for me to swallow as I haven’t made all the best decisions but this is part of the game of life
yep this how I look at it, i can't cry about things i chose ...

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
The math ain't mathin.. How is 33 middle age, when your not considered a senior citizen until after the age of 65??? Your not even a full male lion until ages 35-45 considering that's when you make the most money in your career.. Your not middle age until after 50.. That's when you see a lot of men trying to keep up with younger men, or trying to see if they still got it.(the saying: "mid life crisis").. I don't know why young people today think you have to have your life together by 25-30.. Unless you grew up wealthy, that's dam near impossible smh
why is that impossible
please don't pass this mindset on
by 25 you should have a decent business, trade, or job
people gotta grown and stop acting like children
if you can't support a family by 25 u a bum and need to step it up no excuses

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
You don't have to have your life together by that age, but the idea that you can fukk around until that point and then magically turn it around is a dangerous message that I see being pushed on young people.
you can turn your life around at any point
but people should be striving to be financially stable at 25

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
why is that impossible

Exactly especially the bolded, how are people damn near 30 and still calling themselves kid and acting like it, by 25 people should be getting serious about life, this Peter Pan syndrome has to stop

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
He said mid 30s so you're not really disagreeing by making the bolded point
you should be able to support a kid at least by your late 20s
25-30 if not you making poor decisions
college or a trade

why is that impossible
Be stuck in 1993, brehs

Phitz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Keeping in mind that what is said in this thread can possibly help a lot of men.
Young and middle aged.

What would your advice then be for younger men?
Since you disagreed with him

One size doesnt fit all, everyone is truly the expert in their own path. They can take notes from others and use them and throw them away as needed, which I think is what we're trying to do, maybe. I'm just not a fan of advice(outside of moral/ethics) saying we should all follow a path that's usually centered on money. Alot of families struggled with the kids and still had great outcomes in life years later.

Alot of the advice is based on having unlimited liesure time for yourself. I'm not against liesure either, it's a great thing, but money and selfish pursuits(sp?) can blind us to other kinds of wisdom that harship and struggle teaches us.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
you should be able to support a kid at least by your late 20s
25-30 if not you making poor decisions
college or a trade

why is that impossible
I think it all depends. But I ain't got no kids so what the hell do I know?

How much does it take to raise a child or two per year? How much are most people making at the age of 25-30? Factor that in with college debt, and the cost of living. And how many millennials are buying homes nowadays to raise their kids?

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
you can turn your life around at any point
but people should be striving to be financially stable at 25

While that maybe the case people underestimate the difficulty and massive effort required to do so, the building blocks and patterns have to be developed over time so no you're not going to waste 10-15 years and magically turn a new page when 12 midnight rings in the new year

Daps
why is that impossible
Just being realistic.. I'm going by how me and people I came up with made out.. None of us had it poppin before 30.. I'm pretty sure there are black folks that have it together before then but they are the exception and not the rule.

Diyhai

En Causa Sui
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
He said mid 30s so you're not really disagreeing by making the bolded point

Be stuck in 1993, brehs
keep making excuse for yourself and they become self-fulfilling prophecies
I didn't say a millionaire driving a Bentley but financially stable
you can't make 45-75 a yr
I feel like that is attainable for anybody
u can drive a truck, work for ups, be a manager in retail and make that