Is Steph Curry on his way to passing up Zeke & Stockton & being the 2nd best PG after Magic?

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
This last part is total bullshyt. Losing is losing and it happens to everyone.

You sound like the same lames we were dealing with JUST LAST YEAR, talking about how lebron was a fraud, and couldn't close, and look at his finals record.

It just so happens that THIS time, an illogical thought-path lines up with YOUR point of view, so you have no problem ignoring a huge sample size of great play, for the way somebody played in a single series, after coming back off a knee injury, etc etc etc.

Sometimes you just lose. And that is okay, it doesn't mean that a player isn't great, or that he's overrated, or any of that other middle school bullshyt that adults still believe when they've never played sports at any competitive level themselves.

It just means you lost. And next year, the Warriors will be great again, and Steph will be great again, and the Cavs will be great again, and LeBron will be great again.

Or they'll get hurt, or somebody else will emerge. Who knows.

Steph is already the greatest shooter of all time. He is in a class by himself. That he is THAT prolific, and THAT efficient a scorer, and still a great point guard, puts him in the elite class of point guards. Maybe you would prefer Zeke, who, comparatively, is a bad shooter, and even in a vacuum shot in the mid 40's from the field. He was all-NBA 1st team 3 times, curry has already done that twice.

But maybe you think he was more of a floor leader, and a better defender, and that THAT really counts for something. Well, that's cool too! We disagree. A lot of your arguments seem to be predicated on "well it's only been two seasons!" Which means, you may just lose out to existing for the next 4-6 years. Or maybe somebody gets hurt, and their career stalls out at this level.Again, anything could happen. But we have seen two incredible years, and you trying to delete that because of a loss in the finals is silly and immature -- and you calling people that disagree with you "fakkits" is why I don't really fukk with this site anymore.

It used to be hard to find people that really cared about sports to read, and go back and forth with... that's not really the case anymore. Instead, messageboards have kinda folded in on themselves, and gotten less fun, and more angry. I don't know exactly how it happened, but as the internet expanded, as more people and insights flowed in -- there are people left behind that got really really frustrated, and started pretending that everything USED to be better. Old boards, old players, old ideas.

It's a little sad, and a lot boring. You and posters like you are boring. It's a tired act, and really, the people who USED to do it, were funnier. :youngsabo:
People started actually believing the crap that trolls like :skip: and :comeon: and Colin cowherd say and parroting it.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
You even format your posts passive aggressively like a bytch:heh:

It's not passive aggressive. I'm outwardly stating that people are making shytty posts in here, yourself included.
You didn't outwardly quote anybody and directly challenge their opinions. Instead you chose to jump into the thread and make some whiny crybaby post aimed at nobody in particular. That's passive aggressive.

Rush to crown them? They won a championship. They crowned themselves.
"Crowned as atg". Don't deliberately ignore context.

Well, in the last two seasons, they've won a championship, and won more games than any time in history during the regular season, and lost int he finals in a 7 game series. All the while putting up numbers we've never seen before. So I'd say, yeah, they compare favorably.

Of course, I can't compare their longevity to anybody's, because it's only been two seasons, but those are two pretty great seasons.
Well this is why you're not a smart basketball fan. The stats/accomplishments that you just ran off doesn't justify saying that this GS compares favorably to true atg teams like Showtime Lakers and Mike's Bulls. Longevity is important, it's called the "TEST of time" for a reason. This team doesn't compare to true atg teams in paper as far as list of accomplishments nor do they compare on the court as far as quality of play. Forget the regular season, look at how they've played in the playoffs over the last two years. In the 3 series that they've played against true title contenders they've looked anything but dominant. Much less like an all time great team.

Zeke never in his life sniffed the kind of numbers Steph just put up in his last two seasons.
Another example of why you're not a smart basketball fan. I didn't ask you about stats/numbers, I asked if you were willing to say that Steph is better than Zeke ever was? Evidently you think that stats/numbers are the end all be all as rating basketball players. Clear ignorance.

See, this kind of stuff is where you lose me. Fortunate, how? They just had two very impressive seasons, setting records across the board. They were the favorites. Winning the title was NOT fortunate, it was in fact, the statistical likelihood. This year they did NOT win, while favored. LeBron and Kyrie put up great numbers, while Steph Curry, specifically, struggled. That's how it goes sometimes.
What do you mean fortunate how? Kyrie(and love) were hurt last year. Did you not know that? Had Draymond and Klay gotten hurt and missed this year's finals would you not consider Cleveland fortunate?

But losing a 7 game series to an all time performance by MAYBE the greatest player ever, certainly a top 5-10 player ever... there's no shame in that, and it doesn't erase 200 games worth of evidence.
Again, this is that :skip: ESPN narrative bullshyt. I saw the series, don't try and feed me this garbage. As great as Kyrie and Lebron played, The Warriors should have won this series. They won the first two games with their bench for goodness sake. If GS were as good as people like you hype them up to be they would've won the series. If Steph doesn't wet the bed they win the series. For the last 3 games dude was 22-60 with 12 turnovers. Steph didn't play like an all star let alone a unanimous mvp, and much less than an atg who's better than Zeke. There is shame in how GS lost and trust me, they're feeling it. I'm not saying that their performance in this year's playoffs erases anything. It does put things in their proper perspective tho. Regular season stats are regular season stats. True atg players and teams are judged by the post season tho.

This last part is total bullshyt. Losing is losing and it happens to everyone.

You sound like the same lames we were dealing with JUST LAST YEAR, talking about how lebron was a fraud, and couldn't close, and look at his finals record.

It just so happens that THIS time, an illogical thought-path lines up with YOUR point of view, so you have no problem ignoring a huge sample size of great play, for the way somebody played in a single series, after coming back off a knee injury, etc etc etc.
You're full of shyt. There hasn't been a huge sample size to judge Steph and this GS team from and that's been the point the whole time dummy. People like you have rushed to put these cats on the all time great pedastal based on 2 years one of which they choked and failed to win the championship. Pushing back on the anointing of Steph and his team as atg is nothing like the hate that Lebron gets. Lebron was a proven all time great player based on what's he's done on the court over the course of 10+ years before this year. People questioning his pedigree after a decade plus of greatness were clearly being irrational. I'm not being irrational here and I haven't ignored anything. I'm just judging GS based on what I've seen and so far they haven't lived up to the praise that people like you have given them.

Sometimes you just lose. And that is okay, it doesn't mean that a player isn't great, or that he's overrated, or any of that other middle school bullshyt that adults still believe when they've never played sports at any competitive level themselves.

It just means you lost. And next year, the Warriors will be great again, and Steph will be great again, and the Cavs will be great again, and LeBron will be great again.
Of course losing is ok and the Warriors are still a very good team. This goes back to my first comment to you, the backlash against the Warriors is mostly about the fans/media's rush to anoint. Losing can be an indication of being overrated. I don't know what's "middle school" about arguing that a player or team is overrated. That's a rather "middle school" argument.

The Warriors weren't great this year in the playoffs:manny:

Or they'll get hurt, or somebody else will emerge. Who knows.

Steph is already the greatest shooter of all time. He is in a class by himself. That he is THAT prolific, and THAT efficient a scorer, and still a great point guard, puts him in the elite class of point guards.
Curry wasn't the greatest shooter of this post season tho. He wasn't in a class by himself this post season tho. He wasn't THAT prolific and THAT efficient of a scorer this post season tho, the finals especially. He wasn't a great point guard this post season either:francis: You've accused me of ignoring things but you're clearly ignoring shyt to play cheerleader.

Maybe you would prefer Zeke, who, comparatively, is a bad shooter, and even in a vacuum shot in the mid 40's from the field. He was all-NBA 1st team 3 times, curry has already done that twice.

But maybe you think he was more of a floor leader, and a better defender, and that THAT really counts for something. Well, that's cool too! We disagree. A lot of your arguments seem to be predicated on "well it's only been two seasons!" Which means, you may just lose out to existing for the next 4-6 years. Or maybe somebody gets hurt, and their career stalls out at this level.Again, anything could happen. But we have seen two incredible years, and you trying to delete that because of a loss in the finals is silly and immature -- and you calling people that disagree with you "fakkits" is why I don't really fukk with this site anymore.
I call people fakkits when they act like fakkits. For instance, the way that you falsely accuse me of trying to delete these last two years for GS is fakkit shyt. I've done no such thing. I'm simply saying that these last two years need to put in their proper perspective instead of being overrated by people like you who live in the moment. Last year's run and this regular season for GS was very impressive. They also obviously did well to make it back to the finals and to a game 7. I don't intend to delet that or ignore it. I'm simply saying that it doesn't qualify them for being one of the best teams of all time. Steph individually has had a great two year run, but what he's done in these last two years on the court has not shown me that he's as good of a player as Isaiah Thomas, I don't care how you spin it. It's disrespectful to even say that. Especially with the way that Furry was just exposed. I don't see Isaiah disappearing and getting outplayed like Steph just did in the finals.

It used to be hard to find people that really cared about sports to read, and go back and forth with... that's not really the case anymore. Instead, messageboards have kinda folded in on themselves, and gotten less fun, and more angry. I don't know exactly how it happened, but as the internet expanded, as more people and insights flowed in -- there are people left behind that got really really frustrated, and started pretending that everything USED to be better. Old boards, old players, old ideas.

It's a little sad, and a lot boring. You and posters like you are boring. It's a tired act, and really, the people who USED to do it, were funnier. :youngsabo:
:scusthov: You try so so hard. Your passive aggressiveness is so gay:scust: Aren't you cracker by the way?

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
A finals mvp and another 1-2 championship would have him 2nd all time surpassing
624d54ab07a92e86c68a788efd5bae9e.png
when his career his over :manny: