It boggles my mind how men want to get married

GodinDaFlesh

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Godverse
I think marriage is only beneficial to marriage minded people. That goes for men OR women. If u don't care about building a future or a community or family stability and a legacy attached to your name, you probably shouldn't be bothered with the institution. Not everybody is cut out for marriage or even NEEDS to be married. If u see any type of relationship as a trap or resent or view them with anxiety or suspicion, why would you hurt urself trying to do something that obviously ain't for you.

I agree with this. If you're marrying because you're wife is a dimepiece, marriage ain't for you. If you're marrying only because your husband has money, marriage ain't for you. If you want to build a family legacy and are both mentally prepared to do so, I think this type of marriage would endure. :ehh:

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Personally, because I want to continue my genetic line, recreate what my parents had, and do my part in rebuilding a strong black family unit. We as a community cannot have strong family units if we don't focus on rebuilding them first, and it starts with a married couple.

It truly boggles my mind how cats on here are quick to call dudes fatherless and fully promote situations where the father does not live primarily in the household.

International Playa

Playa with a Passport
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's kind of funny, a few of my younger co workers asked me to go out and party with them. I told them this is my last going out and party type of gig before I hang it up. Hell im thinking of excuses not to go this weekend. I'm 35 by the way.

Im 30, this past weekend was at a houseparty with 18-25 year olds. I look young so it wasnt obvious, however I felt like a loser. I just drank the night away in the corner, I felt I should be out somewhere with a wife n kids:to:

King of Creampies

Hop in. You coming too!
Daps
Reppin
Wild Hunt
Men that are 40+ and were never married are :wrist: or losers.

Marriage does show stability, and if it is a particularly lengthy marriage it shows wisdom and commitment. I cannot trust a man that can't seem to find a decent woman and build a family.

Really? What if you meet a man who is divorced and decided he doesn't want to be remarried a 2nd time?

Is he then considered a looser or gay?

Have you been or are married?

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
I agree with this. If you're marrying because you're wife is a dimepiece, marriage ain't for you. If you're marrying only because your husband has money, marriage ain't for you. If you want to build a family legacy and are both mentally prepared to do so, I think this type of marriage would endure. :ehh:
RIGHT! I know some chicks right now who just wanna get married just cuz. I don't know what they think it is but marriage is tough. Sure it can be rewarding but it is tough. They not ready tho.

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
Im 30, this past weekend was at a houseparty with 18-25 year olds. I look young so it wasnt obvious, however I felt like a loser. I just drank the night away in the corner, I felt I should be out somewhere with a wife n kids:to:
:hhh:You need to get around a more mature crowd. 25 and up only. I wouldn't be in the same rooms with 18-21 year olds.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
How many times are you people going to make the same thread?

"On the divorce side, the 2015 rate was 16.9 divorces per 1,000 married women age 15 or older, which is down from 17.6 in 2014 and a peak of almost 23 per 1,000 divorces in 1980."

Most of my peers from college and high school are now married I've only encounter one divorce and that was basically a forced marriage due to having a child early.

Marriage is a beautiful thing but I can understand how someone would feel about the divorce laws which do suck in my opinion.

1. One thing that stat doesn't talk about it that people are being married less than ever
2. Most people are getting married at an average of 30 years old

Be honest; I don't think you know what those numbers mean.

And stop with this "my peers" thing...According to you 90% of people are staying marriage and forced marriage is the leading cause of divorce :dahell:

I grew up Christian; of course I value marriage and family, but, there's too many social deficiencies young people have to sustain a marriage

These days people want loyal and a promise of never dealing with life's challenges...

I can really go in if need be

chowism

King of Short Gang
Daps
i didnt even read all that argue with facts, be 40 and not married and think you will ever not be seen as a loser. no president, ceo, retail branch manager, anything.

A5Evp.gif
Your logic is trash. I'm not totally against marriage but you're telling that man to sign up for a horrible deal(marriage) just so he won't be viewed as a loser but if he loses in marriage he will actually be a financial loser.

chowism

King of Short Gang
Daps
Honestly most men who say this don't even have anything to take:yeshrug: If you noticed, rich bachelors are the minority. All these rich people are married and been married for decades.
So let a woman take from you and you can't even afford it? If you have nothing to lose its actually worse. Instead of being broke you will be super broke.