It boggles my mind how men want to get married

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
Depends on the type of woman you're with

Aim for women who are driven, have a career, etc then they won't want shyt

An ex-coworker had his wife take a tonne of shyt, and she's never worked a day whilst they were together. No kids, nothing. I'd never marry a chick with that outlook on life

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
No man should WANT to get married. If you having dreams of getting married one day, you're probably gay. Marriage is strictly some shyt that women desire. Now if you love a woman that much and want to make her happy, then you marry her, because that shyt is important to females.

Personally I don't see myself ever getting married. Never say never but....It has nothing no to do with money or divorce rates, but more to do with me being selfish. My life is all about me, not us. Ive never had long relationships like that because any sign of it not going right, I will just quit. I'm not the "work through it type" I'm not working through shyt bytch, you starting to get on my nerves, so it's over. I have 0 tolerance in relationships. I can always get some p*ssy. I'm not about to force shyt. shyt can be going good for a year, and we have one bad week and it's over. I will quit on a hoe so quick.

Now a lot of people tell me, you just haven't met the right one yet tonmake you care enough. They're wrong. Ain't no right one. I go through infatuation phases with these hoes and eventually get over it. I'm come to the conclusion that I will probably be by myself in old age, and I truly don't give a fukk. I grew up an only child, so being in the company of myself has never been an issue. They only thing I think I may miss out on is having a kid. I would like to pass some knowledge on and raise a young breh or brehette, but I'm not about to force that shyt. At the end of the day marriage ain't for everyone.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
No man should WANT to get married. If you having dreams of getting married one day, you're probably gay. Marriage is strictly some shyt that women desire. Now if you love a woman that much and want to make her happy, then you marry her, because that shyt is important to females.

Personally I don't see myself ever getting married. Never say never but....It has nothing no to do with money or divorce rates, but more to do with me being selfish. My life is all about me, not us. Ive never had long relationships like that because any sign of it not going right, I will just quit. I'm not the "work through it type" I'm not working through shyt bytch, you starting to get on my nerves, so it's over. I have 0 tolerance in relationships. I can always get some p*ssy. I'm not about to force shyt. shyt can be going good for a year, and we have one bad week and it's over. I will quit on a hoe so quick.

Now a lot of people tell me, you just haven't met the right one yet tonmake you care enough. They're wrong. Ain't no right one. I go through infatuation phases with these hoes and eventually get over it. I'm come to the conclusion that I will probably be by myself in old age, and I truly don't give a fukk. I grew up an only child, so being in the company of myself has never been an issue. They only thing I think I may miss out on is having a kid. I would like to pass some knowledge on and raise a young breh or brehette, but I'm not about to force that shyt. At the end of the day marriage ain't for everyone.

Damn breh. If you that dead set on the marriage idea, at least get a surrogate mother if you really want kids. Don't miss that chance to have kids

Daps
Yup, people still get married in this day and age. Some are great successes, and others are failures. A friend of mine divorced, but lucky for the both of them, they were both broke, and she didn't wasn't the type of chick to ring a man dry of his assets, so they just cut their losses and moved on.

Daps
Personally, because I want to continue my genetic line, recreate what my parents had, and do my part in rebuilding a strong black family unit. We as a community cannot have strong family units if we don't focus on rebuilding them first, and it starts with a married couple.

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Men that are 40+ and were never married are :wrist: or losers.

Marriage does show stability, and if it is a particularly lengthy marriage it shows wisdom and commitment. I cannot trust a man that can't seem to find a decent woman and build a family.

It shows conformity to societal ideals. Nothing wise about marrying in a western jurisdiction whatsoever

The smartest man I've ever met in my life never married and has an extensive list of accomplishments.

That's not to say married men don't have valuable insights...
Honestly most men who say this don't even have anything to take:yeshrug: If you noticed, rich bachelors are the minority. All these rich people are married and been married for decades.

Key word "most" ... I'd argue most men never realize their dreams because of
kowtowing to marriage.

grow up, being married is like having a new redge mercedes. the ultimate status symbol of fine living. you think you can be president or ceo of a high end business without being married, it shows honor and stability.

heres a secret grasshopper, all married boss dudes is fcking what they want its called 'discreet' and how many of them still get caught.

That may have been true in the past but not now... being a ceo/president has nothing to do with marriage
unless you are kissing bankers asses and slurping off your old ass board members