IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

Adonai

Pro
Daps
Passed Security+, trifecta complete. :blessed:

Onto Project+ or something now.

Been studying for the Network+ and RHCE certs, but don't plan on taking the exams anytime soon cause I'm broke. :mjlol: .

About to start a help desk job though making $18, and will stay there for 6 months to a year, then plan on moving to sysadmin role. After that Jr Cloud Engineer. Hopefully I can complete all this within 3 years.

Lmao hopefully the new job will reimburse you or something.

HovaNas

Pro
Daps

Best Paying IT Jobs​

Let’s Check on the Top 15 Best Paying IT Jobs in Technology for 2022.

• Software Engineering Manager $134,156.
  • Mobile Applications Developer - $111,468.
  • Information Systems Security Manager - $153,677.
  • Database Manager - $58,161.
  • Data Security Analyst -$71,226.
  • Product Manager - $100,000.
  • Artificial Intelligence (AI) Engineer - $110,000.
  • Full-Stack Developer - $106,000.
  • Cloud Architect - $107,000.
  • DevOps Engineer - $140,000.
  • Blockchain Engineer - $150,000.
  • Software Architect - $114,000.
  • Big Data Engineer - $140,000.
  • Internet of Things (IoT) Solutions Architect - $130,000.
  • Data Scientist - $150,000.

Cloud Architect :youngsabo:

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Over half (57.1%) of employees surveyed are planning on looking for a new job in the next six months, and 22.2% are considering it. Part of the reason could be that workers still just about have the upper hand in the job market, even though some fear that situation is about to change.

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Doesn't bother me at all when this happens. If money ends up being an issue I just leave and get my pay bump elsewhere.
:yeshrug:

Have you ever received a tiny raise when you know your coworkers got more? Does your manager frequently cancel, reschedule, or ignore your check-ins? Are your bosses leaving you out of decisions that affect you? If so, you may be getting "quiet fired."

When I first heard about quiet quitting — the workplace trend in which employees are supposedly "slacking off" by doing exactly what their job requires and no more — I had questions. When did doing what's expected of you become equated with quitting? And even if there were some epidemic of "quiet quitters," what would cause so many people to decide to cut back and just do the bare minimum?

As someone who's managed teams for most of my career and interviewed thousands of people, this doesn't match my experience. I've found that the real issue among workers isn't that people are "quiet quitting"; it's that employers are leaving them out in the cold. People aren't choosing to not excel at work; their bosses aren't supporting or rewarding them. The issue isn't employees; it's employers.

So what is quiet firing?

Quiet firing is when an employer does the bare minimum to keep their employees: no support, no development, no growth, no rewards. Employers can "quiet fire" employees intentionally in an attempt to freeze the employee out, or it can happen because of simple negligence and poor training on the manager or company's part. But the effects are the same: The employee loses confidence in their work and becomes less engaged, and their productivity eventually nosedives.

Snoopy Loops

All Star
Daps
Been studying for the Network+ and RHCE certs, but don't plan on taking the exams anytime soon cause I'm broke. :mjlol: .

About to start a help desk job though making $18, and will stay there for 6 months to a year, then plan on moving to sysadmin role. After that Jr Cloud Engineer. Hopefully I can complete all this within 3 years.
Have you done RHCSA?

Snoopy Loops

All Star
Daps
No, I completed a RHCSA course 2 months ago, but too broke to go take the test for that too. Figured I would start studying for the RHCE too, that way I can try to take both of them around the same time.:francis:
I feel you. them shyts is expensive.

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
crazy how things change. One moment it was the great resignation, everyone is celebrating their new job and now hella people are getting fired n shyt. Google is laying off 10 percent of their staff. The company I work for, got zero reqs open.

lol same things with stocks. We were all eating and now are down tremedously.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Daps
Checking in. Any brehs still in Identity Management? I'm at a bit of a crossroads.

Got tapped today by our director for an opening... it's a lateral move in terms of pay (Cot DAMN I want more money :snoop:) and I think it's more Identity Access LITE... really just assigning groupers. At the same time, there's an opening on the more A+ side with computers and a manager over there is interested in me joining. My experience has been with MDM (WorkSpace One) and I'm really interested in the deeper side of that but I'm so damn fed up with Help desk :beli: Leaning towards the Identity gig.

Pros:
- Get to fiddle with Azure AD once we finally migrate there
- Should complement my MDM experience
- No more weekends and I can work 2-3 days or possibly completely from home... Lots more time to get back in shape and hustle my side biz

Cons:
- I NEED more money
- Not trying to move laterally

Unknown:
-The experience is either valuable AF or the burnout is insane cause they've been running thru bodies

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps

Over half (57.1%) of employees surveyed are planning on looking for a new job in the next six months, and 22.2% are considering it. Part of the reason could be that workers still just about have the upper hand in the job market, even though some fear that situation is about to change.

Do you believe this is still valid? It is looking like it will be a blood bath in the next few months with all these companies shrinking staff.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
06023-IT-Certification-Roadmap-Dec2018.png

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, that's a good resource. You won't need all those certs but it's a good guide. And some of those certs like the CCENT are retired. And some I don't even think employers ask for like the ITF+ or Cloud+. Any brehs in the thread who work with the Cloud? Is the Cloud+ worth it?

Mirin4rmfar

Superstar
Daps
When it comes to certs, this is what I was always used for guidance.

All the certs I have are from this list. Lol kill your competition and aim for the cissp. You will get the associate of isc designation And given like 5 to 6 years to be a full cissp.

You can search LinkedIn n indeed to see how many hits you get per certification. With that said most of them like cisa, crisc, cissp with no experience you won't be eligible for submission for 3 to 5 years.