J Dilla ft Nas - The Sickness (Produced by Madlib)

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
If Nas get's some heat from Lord Quas on his new album
d39a26d3.gif~c200

Lurking Class Hero

Medicine for loneliness
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol: I get that the crowd was mostly cacs. But this ain't a new Future record. All u suppose to do to this type of song is nod ya head,u ain't really Finna dance to it

They weren't even doing that though. They're just standing there like :francis: . Even I was nodding along listening with my crappy headphones lol

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
how many posthumous Dilla albums are they going to release? :why:

they milking that man's legacy for all it's worth :francis:

Madlib is right
Madlib: “Don’t think I’m going to get exploited like they’re doing to Dilla.”

In a new interview with Stones Throw producer Madlib, the regular J Dilla collaborator expresses his concern with his former sparring partner’s posthumous releases.

When asked about what will happen to his unreleased music, Madlib replies “I’m gonna burn it down before I die, a little Lee Perry action. Ain’t nobody exploiting my shyt. If I was dying in hospital I’d tell my son to go and burn it. Don’t think I’m going to get exploited like they’re doing to Dilla. I’m learning from how he’s being treated from some people.”

:manny:
There's a difference between albums pieced together @ death and unreleased material..

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
I've got my pre-order for this album :ahh:

Considering this album was pretty much done and got shelved, I'm more optimistic about it than I usually am for posthumous releases...especially Dilla ones. I understand his family have to eat but the music they've patched together (outside of the instrumental releases) have been forgettable as hell.