Jermaine O'neal disappointed Pacers let Buddy Held wear his #7

FS4LFE

Veteran
Daps
Idk what’s funnier…JO thinking his number should be retired or the idea that Bradley Beal should get his retired :mjlol:
Beal is top 3 for the Wizards in pretty much every major stat category and played for them for a decade. He’s getting his number retired. :dahell:

RhodyRum

Mark Gassed-A-Heaux
Daps
Reppin
The Great Green North
He’s not wrong. Carmelo jersey is going up next year.

I just looked for an article confirming this and couldn't find anything. In fact, the most recent article I could find on it dates back to August 9 and there was zero indication of the Knicks retiring his jersey.

Since you wrote your post so definitively, please post some proof of Knicks management green-lighting #15 to the MSG rafters.

Last edited:

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
I just looked for an article confirming this and couldn't find anything. In fact, the most recent article I could find on it dates back to August 9 and there was zero indication of the Knicks retiring his jersey.

Since you wrote your post so definitively, please post some proof of Knicks management green-lighting #15 to the MSG rafters.

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Paul George may get his number retired. He had more star power, I don't think Jermaine will get in hall of fame neither. George will.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Imo he kind of has a point. But the Pacers are extra selective on how many players got their jersey retired. Maybe the Pacers just reaching out to him prior to giving the number would've been a nice gesture. Dunno.

Anyway no winning a ring shouldn't be a prerequisite, y'all really think that Barkley, Ewing or Iverson should not have their jerseys retired? :ohhh:

RhodyRum

Mark Gassed-A-Heaux
Daps
Reppin
The Great Green North

So the final paragraph in this article from May says...

Time will tell if Anthony receives such an honor. Only the number raising will perhaps officially end the arguing.

...and you take it as he's definitely getting his number retired? Do y'all cats even review your own evidence? :why:

I even put the date of the article in my post to help you avoid this mistake, to no avail. Your posted article said they were discussing retiring his jersey, and my posted article from August (3 months later) makes no mention of that discussion coming to fruition, or even gaining traction.

So you were wrong. As of now there is no #15 being retired at the Garden. And IMO, it never should if it's for Melo.

Now if Dolan and the Knicks front office do decide to retire Melo's 15, I'll happily eat some bittersweet crow. Bitter because, hey, who likes being wrong? Sweet because it would just further confirm that I made the right decision in abandoning this dusty ass franchise ran by their loser owner who haven't done a thing of note since literally the last century, during a year that Prince made a song about 14 years prior. :mjlol:

And funny enough, Melo's jersey retirement would actually be a fitting punctuation to the absurd comedic theater known as the James Dolan era of The New York Knickerbockers. :mjgrin:

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
So the final paragraph in this article from May says...

...and you take it as he's definitely getting his number retired? :why:

I even put the date of the article in my post to help you avoid this mistake, to no avail. Your posted article said they were discussing retiring his jersey, and my posted article from August (3 months later] makes no mention of that discussion coming to fruition, or even gaining traction.

So you were wrong. As of now there is no #15 being retired at the Garden. And IMO, it never should if it's for Melo.

Now if Dolan and the Knicks front office do decide to retire Melo's 15, I'll happily eat some bittersweet crow. Bitter because, hey, who likes being wrong? Sweet because it would just further confirm that I made the right decision in abandoning this dusty ass franchise ran by their loser owner who haven't done a thing of note since literally the last century, during a year that Prince made a song about 14 years prior. :mjlol:

And funny enough, Melo's jersey retirement would be actually be a fitting punctuation to the absurd phenomena known as the James Dolan era of The New York Knickerbockers. :mjgrin:

I agree, I doubt Melo will have his jersey retired in NY. Just didn't have enough team success. But even worse we hardly ever even were in the playoffs. That's got to count for something. Would just feel strange tbh, as he's associated with a whole trash period (even though that's mostly the FO's fault). Strangely enough he'll most probably make it to the HOF without having his jersey retired anywhere in the NBA.