Daps
Reppin
16gjztx.jpg

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
in terms of child custody being awarded

• In 51 percent of custody cases, both parents agreed — on their own — that mom become the custodial parent.
  • In 29 percent of custody cases, the decision was made without any third party involvement.
  • In 11 percent of custody cases, the decision for mom to have custody was made during mediation.
  • In 5 percent of custody cases, the issue was resolved after a custody evaluation.
  • Only 4 percent of custody cases went to trial and of that 4 percent, only 1.5 percent completed custody litigation.
so courts aren't doing the deciding who gets custody but 1.5% of the time. the bulk is a decision made by both parents that the mom should keep the kids. and men are awarded custody more than 10% of the time. the figure is about 20%
Where is this coming from?

Anecdotal as it may be, I don't know any man (and growing up around mostly AAs and Latinos, you see this a lot) that wanted custody and actually got it.

I won't argue that your numbers are wrong, just hard to believe.
But :ehh:

JAY?

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queens
:jbhmm: have u been trolling? you got your gf/cousin pregnant and u already have 2 kids?

Not trolling at all
I've mentioned the fight they had here months ago
And I talked about my GF being my cousin in the you ever fukk a family member thread

Dolla$

Minus the bullsh*t...life's great
Daps
I think the main issue is that he doesn'tind paying for his children, he just can't afford the amount that they ordered relative to his income. So not only is he going to struggle to pay for necessities, he also can't afford to do anything else like treating himself or doing simple things to keep from going crazy. It's not s simple as saying "well just make more money" or just dismissing it like "oh well, man up nikka" you can't afford rent, can't pay a car note, cant date because you have mo expendable income, and definitely can't save. So what do you do? Look for a better job and or work 2 jobs? Then what? Possibly pay more in child support along with working more which means less time for his kids? It's almost like dude is in a hopeless situation from his view and I really hate it for OP honestly.
Only sensible post i see in here

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps
I'm not even makin half of 6 figures
And I live in NYC
I told the fake ass judge if she does that to me ill be living in my car
She said that's life

My daughter is 9 and my son is 7
I'm always half way there
It definitely is cheaper to keep her
Those pipe hittin female judges with an axe to grind are the worse. Families lay court is stacked against males. Just have to take your medicine. Stay strong friend.

cam>

All Star
Daps
It's cute to say that, but let's be real for a second

I lived with my girl and my son for the first 3 years of his life. At NO point and time did it take 1000 a month, every month, to raise him

If we had no kid, we'd still have the house. So you can't count that. You didn't have a kid and suddenly need to move out your cardboard box. same with a car. You had one before him. Don't blame that on the kid for you having one now

Food and clothing yea. Clothing not so much. How many fukking clothes are you buying? You can buy enough clothes for a year with 1500 on a 7 year old. Does he need $50 jeans? $60 polos? No. But if you wanted too. That still enough.

Food. We never spent no damn $400-500 a month for the whole family. Let alone just him. Learn how to cook meals instead buying that expensive overpriced processed frozen shyt.

A lot of what y'all are adding up ain't for the kid. It's for the kids. Not for the parents. Buying groceries for the kids is not buying groceries for you and the kids.

A car payment is zero to do with the kids and the judge will tell you that. As a parent you are to provide clothing, shelter and food. Shelter to include daycare but his kids are in school so that's not a factor either

It's all bullshyt. I don't live with my bm anymore. She works. I work. Our child is in school. I asked her flat out how much does she need. She said pay my electric and give me an extra 100 bucks. My son wants for nothing. Anything he wants, I buy. Anything extra he may need, we buy. Just took them both to Disney for a week. He's good money

I couldn't imagine her suddenly saying, you know what, I need an extra 900 dollars to be able for him to survive. nikka please

You were poor, and your child lived in poverty with his poor parents. It happens, fine. This mentality of spending the absolute bare minimum on your child is one you both had out of necessity bc you lacked financial comfort.

BUT

For an average standard of living, a child costs over a $1000/m. The op isn't even paying $1000 for his TWO children, and he's complaining.

Why some of you men feel it's okay for your children to live in tough economic circumstances, where their parent can't afford the best food, tutors and extracurriculars, decent shelter in good neighbourhoods, and so on, is what's truly unfortunate.

You'd rather your kids live below an average standard of living, where their mothers have to come and beg you for a pittance every month. Ya'll are totally comfortable with her struggling to make ends meet, and while you come through to buy the kids an outfit and act like it's all good. Y'all love the flexibility of being able to pay her at your own leisure, as if children don't have consistent financial costs for their material well being.

The op was giving the babymom $400/ month. IN FUKING QUEENS, NEW YORK.! It's the purest display of selfishness.

Couple that with the fact that despite these myths of unfit sole-parents (ex. using the money on a new nikka), none of y'all actually want full custody of your kids, bc of the time and work it requires, preferring instead that the mother make that sacrifice. And then turn around and try to devalue the work a single parent has to do - like she ain't doing shyt but getting her hair done. If that's the case, and you can do a better job, why dont you be the single parent????

The deductions you're making as to why basic needs that cost money, shouldn't count as child care expenses is what's baffling.

Dude said don't count shelter as a child care cost. Do the kids live in space, or here on Earth where RENT is a thing???

Last edited: