Landlords already letting y'all know - fukk you, pay me

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
But after the issue goes down and people resume work. Do you plan on paying the landlords for the back rent or are they supposed to bear the economic brunt for you?

I'm saying this as someone whose mother has rental properties and she's relying on them for money. So during this period of time y'all saying fukk her and the rest of the landlords. They as a business are not gonna have any money during the crisis while you keep yours. She also has loans on them which haven't been waived.

Personally I feel like the necessities will remain the necessities. More than ever you'll need a place to be in and youll need food. Those are things we have always prioritized. Why is it fair to the landlord that you don't want to pay for that necessity..
Or is their some reprieve landlords are being given I haven't heard of.
My pops had a court date last week for eviction but it was postponed due to COVID-19. These stupid ass people were shorting him and he had to do too much to get his rent money for a few months. Courts arent evicting anyone right now so he made a call. The streets will handle it. They gonna be up outta there regardless.:yeshrug:

FLATOP

Superstar
Daps
This has become a kick the can situation, but the can needs to be kicked up the hill not down the hill. Sucks for landlords, but like you say food and housing is a necessity -- and should be fulfilled by any means necessary

landlords and loanholders and owners should be asking t for money right now, not people losing their jobs

Last edited:

Blackrogue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Nai
Imagine everybody in an apartment complex not paying their rent.....:whew: That stress

Yeah I'm looking at the tenants in the place like:patrice: and wondering what's gonna go down and how long it's gonna be. Of course you want to be understanding and there has to be a compromise. Already all the kids are home playing in the place. It's gated and very few people will be coming in from the outside so itll be a safe place. I think that provides value and anyone who is trying to keep their family safe should be willing to pay for it. I mean what was all the savings and investments for. It's so you not caught ass out in a situation like this unprepared.

I think evictions should be suspended because not everyone was ready for something like this and many people live paycheck to paycheck and this is going to cause a big crisis. Hence the government is correct in securing that part. But in doing so they should have something for the landlords in order to allow it to happen.

Like I feel prepared because 1. I live in a mortgage free house. I'm not getting kicked out or owe anything. 2.. We have farms and animals. I'm guaranteed meat for the foreseeable future and the animals will reproduce. We have eggs and hens. Have a lot of grain like rice that lasts months to years without going bad. So I'm sorted on food and living arrangements which is all I need.

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
@you're NOT "n!ggas"

you see similarities in a landlord ASKING for money (meaning they don't have the money yet), and a company REFUSING to give money back as one in the same?

please just answer with a yes or a no. I'm seriously curious. :jbhmm:
No, not one in the same. You're telling me you don't see the similarities at all? :usure: They ain't "ASKING" for shyt, they're straight up telling their tenants if you don't pay you're looking at eviction.

Phitz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Most governments have already banned eviction notices for 60 days, so you’re really not pressed to pay right now, but I’m paying on time since I’m still employed for the foreseeable future.

What if they suspend rents? Will you still pay?

KeysT

Playa from the Himalayas #ByrdGang
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
This thread is why I refuse to be a landlord. People entitled to not paying rent not knowing the landlord also survives off that rent. We aren't in a pandemic yet, no reason to not pay in a timely manner
All you people have the wrong attitude. People are loosing their jobs and you are worried about landlords getting their money. If a couple people don’t pay rent that shouldn’t hurt rental companies and cause them not to eat. People who loose their jobs and can’t pay rent might be in that position. I could Give the same argument to landlords who have to pay the banks. “PAY YOUR LOAN” I dont Care who is or isn’t paying rent tough luck. You see how easy it is to apply that logic. Punch up don’t punch down.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
All you people have the wrong attitude. People are loosing their jobs and you are worried about landlords getting their money. If a couple people don’t pay rent that shouldn’t hurt rental companies and cause them not to eat. People who loose their jobs and can’t pay rent might be in that position. I could Give the same argument to landlords who have to pay the banks. “PAY YOUR LOAN” I dont Care who is or isn’t paying rent tough luck. You see how easy it is to apply that logic. Punch up don’t punch down.
nikka...if you are a landlord, that IS your job. :gucci:
We aint talking about corporations and development companies not getting returns, we are talking about people who depend on rent money to survive. Understand that the majority of all rental properties are owned by people, not businesses. And in that case, not getting rent means you can become indigent yourself while someone is living comfortably in a home you bought.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps

Because Landlords need that money to pay the banks and feed their families. We aren't talking corporate rental companies, of course they can take the hit. Regular Landlords on the other hand cannot take the hit. If you don't like it how about buying a house instead, which is much cheaper in the long run?

Like I said, if I get into real estate it will strictly be Commercial, not trying to deal with the average joe and his woes.

KeysT

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
nikka...if you are a landlord, that IS your job. :gucci:
We aint talking about corporations and development companies not getting returns, we are talking about people who depend on rent money to survive. Understand that the majority of all rental properties are owned by people, not businesses. And in that case, not getting rent means you can become homeless and indigent.
That’s my point bro. Punch up don’t punch down at people in the same position or WORSE off than you. The same logic that you are using saying people should pay up rent could be used against landlords from banks. Maybe theses landlords should save up an emergency fund of 6 months like they tell everyone else to or diversify their investments

Last edited:

KeysT

Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Because Landlords need that money to pay the banks and feed there familes. We aren't talking corporate rental companies, of course they can take the hit. Regular Landlords on the other hand cannot take the hit. If you don't like it how about buying a house instead, which is much cheaper in the long run?

Like I said, if I get into real estate it will strictly be Commercial, not trying to deal with the average joe and his woes.
Ok and what makes landlords who have to feed their families more important than people who have been laid off as a result of this virus? Absolutely nothing. The simple fact of them owning capital puts them in a better position than most. I say this with my family having a property investment company. If you don’t like it how about diversifying your investments and not relying solely on rental property for your income. See how easy that logic is to apply ?

Last edited: