Lyrically, Who Are Some Legends That Were Trash??

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
this dude seriously called Pete Rock trash..
then, followed up that garbage post saying, CL Smooth aint "any better" than Pete Rock lyrically.. :gucci:

wow.. :mjlol:

I was comparing CL Smooth to Guru....lol

But yeah, Pete Rock is nothing special on the mic.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
You know what....all of those Tribe albums I have, I think I'll add Kamal to this list

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
Cats saying Grandmaster Caz etc are wack, you’re putting too much weight into the flow. Yeah theflow was weird back then for the most part but you don’t start with Jordan and Kobe you have to work up to that level. Listen to the lyrics and don’t judge it solely off the head and flows.

Also just because you’re not Lupe levels of lyrical miracle, multis for the whole verse and crazy similes doesn’t mean you’re not lyrical. Lyrics are about much more, passion, provoking thoughts and ideas, social commentary, etc. if you can do this AS WELL AS being on the level of Nas or Lupe or with Pharoahe Monch level flows THEN you get put higher on the list or at least have some more points than the man who can only fulfil some of those categories. Impact, influence and how you change the game is also a huge factor. If you’re the FIRST or among the first 2 or 3 of a game changing level of lyrical ability then you get more points and higher on the list.

Ziploc

Celestial
Daps
Ice T was a pioneer for a lot of gangsta rappers but lyrically he was trash

That's what i mean by context..listen to Drama for example, or Power,Squeeze the trigger,Mind over matter,The Tower .There is no way you'd listen to those songs and call him trash.Based of who and what at that time was popping is he trash? You cannot take an body of work and use broad strokes to paint a picture 30 yrs later calling him trash,that is just making statements based on what you like,not what you know.Power came out in 88 so unless you had a working grasp on what was trash in 88 your opinion is colored by the era you grew up and the form of the day.I would not call Chuck Berry wack just cause i grew up with Led Zeppelin and did not see his DNA in all of rock music.But you have every right to call them old artists out for being wack in 88 when we have so much better rappers in 2017.We should hold our mentors in higher regard but that is not a popular stance nowadays