Marvel's The Defenders - Netflix (Official Thread)

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
Im about halfway through. And my thoughts so far
- i could care less about danny. Hes nice with the hand to hand. But it like it takes forever to charge up his hand :usure:
- jesica jones seems to be the weakest out of the crew. She cant fight. Shes not bullet proof, and luke might be just as strong, if not stronger than her:patrice:
-i don't understand why susan serandan is running The show instead of madam Gao
- honestly it seems like like cage and maybe iron fist could take care of the hand :manny:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Are you saying you rank it lower because of spoilers? Or did you just like the other one better?
What exactly was memorable about the hallway scene in defenders outside of them being together for the first time which wears off real quick due to the redundancy in fight choreography..In DD it was crafty edited and shot and of course we were given superior fight scenes.

And don't say it sucked because of :mjpls:. I know how you do.
I don't know what this means:mindblown:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
- i could care less about danny. Hes nice with the hand to hand. But it like it takes forever to charge up his hand :usure:
- jesica jones seems to be the weakest out of the crew. She cant fight. Shes not bullet proof, and luke might be just as strong, if not stronger than her:patrice:
- honestly it seems like like cage and maybe iron fist could take care of the hand :manny:
ahhh youngers :mjlol:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
What exactly was memorable about the hallway scene in defenders outside of them being together for the first time which wears off real quick due to the redundancy in fight choreography..In DD it was crafty edited and shot and of course we were given superior fight scenes.

I don't know what this means:mindblown:
True, and I am in no way saying it was bad. But I felt like it went on too long. In season 1 his hallway fight lasted 3 minutes and he was dead tired at the end.Barely survived, Season two was twice as long against even more opponents. it was still executed very well but I felt like they tried too hard to one up to first one and ended up defying the established continuity. He probably should've lost that fight and If he had, I would've ranked it number 1.
Maybe it was the new suit though :manny:

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
I fall in love with Simone Missick (Misty Knight) every time she's in a scene. She is so damn fine.

SIMONE-MISSICK-PICS-SIMONE-MISSICK-PHOTOS-2.jpg

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps

Just finish watching the whole damn thing!!

I've been through about 50 pages of this thread and people are crying after only watching a few episodes

Just chill..watch it and then judge.

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
Heres something none of yall talkmbout

Remember what sticks said to Danny & Matt.
Im interested in both of you learning from each other.
Hmmmm
Daredevil IF upgrade & Iron Fist DD upgrade??

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
My opinion on the show in hort is that Daredevil is a simp and the creators are whack because they don't dare to kill any important character who's not evil.
I swear all the whiny moralizing from the main characters... This is why I liked Stick and like Punsiher, you don't have to listen to all that drama and all those annoying phases over and over again they just go and fukk shyt up
In real lfe of course I'd rather agree with the Luke Cage or Daredevil like "no kill" philosophy but in a show where the 500th fukking ninja attacks them in a row and they just keep repeating that "there's another way" or "you don't have to do this" is fukking annoying.

How am I suppose to take the villains seriously if they can't kill anyone important? Well they killed Stick but that's it.

It was still a pretty good show except the last episode which was not that good...

I liked Daredevil S1 and Luke Cage more, I like when there's one or a few characteristic villains rather than a mystical Illuminati like organization with dozens of cannon fodder foot soldiers. Maybe it's exciting for some to see the heroes beating up some bums in half of the show but not really for me.

With that said it was definitely better than Iron Fist it was around the level of Daradevil II

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

CEOHaize

Rookie
Daps
I enjoyed a lot about this series. My overall issue is the threat just didn't seem like a big enough one to bring all The Defenders together. I just expect The Hand to have a bigger plan than this. The leaders of the hand were overall happy to not fight all that much they just wanted to preserve their own lives. Also Electra being Black sky really didn't do much she was already a skilled fighter it didn't seem like she really gained much after being back from the dead. When we get the second season of Defenders years from now I just hope its more of a threat. They got the character interactions pretty much spot on IMO. Loved Luke Cage and Iron fist together.

Jessica Jones came off great in this series and I hope that carries on into season 2 of her show.

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

MR. Conclusion

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I just finished watching all eight episodes. This was underwhelming.

• The fight scenes were skippable.
  • How big was this dragon that was supposedly holding up all of NYC?
  • This is the same type of dragon that Danny was able to defeat? Then how come he keeps getting his ass whipped?
  • Somehow, Foggy was one of the better characters. And I couldn't stand him in the DD episodes.
  • I'm so confused as to each person's power level. How are people fighting LC and JJ? Shouldn't they have no problem tossing each one of the hand attackers with ease?
  • A 50 story building gets blown to pieces and there's no effort by law enforcement to apprehend the Defenders? They way they just slipped in the cover up without breaking down who wanted it and how it was able to be pulled off was just lazy. A construction accident? Really?

I enjoyed Kingpin and Kilgrave. I think I would have enjoyed Cottonmouth, but he was killed right when his character was starting to develop.

They did a poor job of making the Hand an enjoyable group of villains. They were just stale. I knew from the second episode this was going to be mediocre at best.

What makes a good comic movie/show is the villain. Heath Ledger's Joker, Kilgrave, Kingpin, Loki...these are the reasons why everybody ranks TDK, Avengers 1, JJ1, DD1 as their top movie or show.

I just want to see Punisher/Kingpin/DD from here on out. Until then, don't bother making a show without a good villain.