Marvel's The Defenders - Netflix (Official Thread)

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
I fall in love with Simone Missick (Misty Knight) every time she's in a scene. She is so damn fine.

SIMONE-MISSICK-PICS-SIMONE-MISSICK-PHOTOS-2.jpg

nikka :whew:

the way them titties was sitting in that sweater at the police dept :ohlawd:

Theolodius_Black

Whoopin suckas with a bag of oranges
Daps
Reppin
Brookhaven,MS to Tallyho, FL
I just finished watching all eight episodes. This was underwhelming.

• The fight scenes were skippable.
  • How big was this dragon that was supposedly holding up all of NYC?
  • This is the same type of dragon that Danny was able to defeat? Then how come he keeps getting his ass whipped?
  • Somehow, Foggy was one of the better characters. And I couldn't stand him in the DD episodes.
  • I'm so confused as to each person's power level. How are people fighting LC and JJ? Shouldn't they have no problem tossing each one of the hand attackers with ease?
  • A 50 story building gets blown to pieces and there's no effort by law enforcement to apprehend the Defenders? They way they just slipped in the cover up without breaking down who wanted it and how it was able to be pulled off was just lazy. A construction accident? Really?

I enjoyed Kingpin and Kilgrave. I think I would have enjoyed Cottonmouth, but he was killed right when his character was starting to develop.

They did a poor job of making the Hand an enjoyable group of villains. They were just stale. I knew from the second episode this was going to be mediocre at best.

What makes a good comic movie/show is the villain. Heath Ledger's Joker, Kilgrave, Kingpin, Loki...these are the reasons why everybody ranks TDK, Avengers 1, JJ1, DD1 as their top movie or show.

I just want to see Punisher/Kingpin/DD from here on out. Until then, don't bother making a show without a good villain.
I'm thinking they toned down JJ and LC for the show. Especially Luke. That man should be able to go toe- toe with Banner for a lit spell before Hulk would get super mad

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Just finished the show. I give it about an 7.5/8 out of 10. The best eps. were in the middle, like 3-6 were really good eps IMO. I think IronFist and Vinnie Jones portrayal of him was better here than on his own show for sure, both on the acting level and fight scenes in most of the fights (a few were still a bit inconsistent) and also I felt that some of ya'll were a bit overly critical about the fight scenes. Most of them were pretty good, but a few were a bit of a letdown, moreso pieces of the finale than most of the fights throughout the show. I agree with someone saying before that while Luke Cage being the powerhouse that he is always holding back, they could've been a bit more inventive with him showcasing his power. I think Jessica Jones portrayal was done adequately for her skillset, cuz she was always someone that was strong, but nothing much more and a bit of a failure in her own rights as far as a "superhero" and fighter overall goes. What little they did show of her feats, I think they did her pretty good justice while staying true to her character. Daredevil was pretty much always on point, as expected. Same with Elektra.

- All the character interactions (fav scenes showcases these would be Luke and IF first convo debate and their proceeding one when they start agreeing with each other, DD & JJ scenes together, their first full fledged team fight and also the restaurant part that follows and all of the DD and Elektra screen moments)
- The fighting scene highs (eps 3 one being in particular)
- Stick showing up and pretty much everything he said
- The overall engagement level of the middle of the series
- How everyone got introduced into the opening eps.

Dislikes:

- Drags at various points in quite a few eps.
- Finale was overall underwhelming
- Lack of invention of each respective members skillsets
- Villains were a bit low down. Not so much within the acting, but the writing and motivations for them
- Low budget feel at times

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I'm thinking they toned down JJ and LC for the show. Especially Luke. That man should be able to go toe- toe with Banner for a lit spell before Hulk would get super mad

Luke Cage is strong, but he's nowhere that level. He's like a notch above Spidey. Jessica is under Spidey

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Where the hell are the Avengers when this is going down?

Tony Stark could have ended this in like 30 seconds lmao

They got bigger more important shyt to deal with than Organized crime. Tony all but said this in Spider-Man Homecoming. Even in the comics The Avengers don't typically deal with street level crime. If it's not some shyt that's a global threat they don't get involved.

Asking why the Avengers don't get involved in the Netflix stuff is like asking why the U.S. Military doesn't get involved in street crime.

Apex

Banned
Daps
They got bigger more important shyt to deal with than Organized crime. Tony all but said this in Spider-Man Homecoming. Even in the comics The Avengers don't typically deal with street level crime. If it's not some shyt that's a global threat they don't get involved.

Asking why the Avengers don't get involved in the Netflix stuff is like asking why the U.S. Military doesn't get involved in street crime.
Great point fam.

Will the Defenders become members of the Avengers in the cinematic universe? I sure hope so. The actors of Luke Cage and Daredevil both deserve it.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Luke Cage has NEVER been in the Hulk's league. Right now in the MCU Luke Cage is probably the 3rd strongest main character behind Hulk, Thor, Captain Marvel. I'd guess he's about on par with Drax, Gamora, and adult Groot.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Great point fam.

Will the Defenders become members of the Avengers in the cinematic universe? I sure hope so. The actors of Luke Cage and Daredevil both deserve it.

I don't think you'll ever see it happen.

If they start showing up in Avengers films that means those shows are going to have to just stop. Otherwise people will just wonder why they're not at Avengers HQ or why they don't call in the others for help. Plus you'll see a dramatic shift in power scale from the movies to the TV shows.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I fall in love with Simone Missick (Misty Knight) every time she's in a scene. She is so damn fine.

SIMONE-MISSICK-PICS-SIMONE-MISSICK-PHOTOS-2.jpg
She bad. And perhaps I'm biased, but they've been dropping the ball with her fine ass.

Lowkey they've been stiffing her in favor of Claire since the midway point of Luke Cage season 1... and nothing against Rosario, but seeing her taking down cronies in IFs1 and then seeing her hold her own against more cronies in Defenders... while Simone is pretty much once again the weak chick on the ground bleeding out... :mjpls:

Hell, even her opening scene of Defenders where she comes in to see Cage fresh off banging Claire, on some intentional subtle writing shyt...that ish goes back to LC s1 where the first handful of eps were setting up an interesting twist/tension/romance between Misty/Cage, only for it to stop abruptly. And now Misty pretty much has nothing to do, when really she should've been the top female in the Cage netflix mytho and the one having all those moments with Colleen (instead of Claire) to build their DotD relationship. Right now you'd think Colleen and Claire were the duo.

And at first i rationalized it as Claire being the one to bring everyone together on some Nick Fury spin (so hence her passing from show to show to show) but honestly, it didn't even feel that necessary or important.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Great point fam.

Watch this breh, he pretty much sums up why it'll never happen. Never knew Feige never really wanted the TV shows to follow the movies like they are now.