NBPA Will Seek Lower Age Limit

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ok? It doesn't change the fact that those guys you named who spent multiple years in college and came to the NBA and were immediately stars are anomalies. Because they are. The overwhelming majority of players who get drafted spend 3-4 years in college.

All stars are anomalies...we got that. The point is throughout the first 50 or so years of the NBA the great majority of those anomalies made an instant impact because they were physically and mentally ready from jump. Over the last 20 years or so it's become increasingly common, to the point where young cats think that's just the way it is, to have to wait a year or two or longer for anomalies to make such an impact due to the fact that they aren't as physically and mentally ready. Most of your HS and one and done players are the anomalies or the anomaly wannabes so I don't know why cats keep referencing the rank and file who likely won't be affected either way.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
To piggy back off this I think a large part of it comes with when they actually come off their rookie contracts. At 22-23 the teams still haven't necessarily figured out what they have talent wise. So they are stuck paying for potential. Versus them raising the age limit to where by 24-25 most players are what they are and won't progress much further so it makes it less of a crap shoot.

True but it still comes down that you only got to pay them once if they are old. In a perfect world the NBA would like to treat its players like the NFL treats running backs. It just can't happen in this sport. Too much star power and as they said in knight rider....one man can make a difference.

Plus the truth be told in sports most these owners ain't trying to win. They want to have a competitive team while investing the least amount of money. If them jokers could have a bunch of illegal immigrants on their team and be competitive while paying them jokers 2 dollars an hour they would do it.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
That comparison is no more flawed than comparisons to sports that have minor leagues or music were people that are more experienced aren't literally trying to stop you or business where you don't get millions fresh out of HS because you have the potential to create the next big thing, you actually have to create it first.

If the D league becomes a true minor league than I am all for it.
experience doesn't have anything to do with it. nfl training camps run through seasoned vets every single year. a kid fresh our of high school... most can't even survive freshmen year in college physically. even generational talents would get butchered coming straight out of high school in the nfl

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Football icompared to other sports is actually tied to physical maturity moreso than other sports. So how often is a player physically mature fresh off of HS training?

:childplease:

Football is an anomaly in this department.

And basketball, in lacking a true minor league system, is an anomaly when compared to hockey or baseball. You see dudes struggle until they mature physically in basketball as well, obviously not to the same degree as football, but there is no denying it plays a part.

1/2OfDaBruinz

Banned
Daps

Yes, the dress code was racist as fukk. I bet it wouldn't have been a problem if cats were wearing Vans and Umbro shirts. White America can't stand to see brothers doing their own thing and not doing things the "proper" (white) way. They was calling us thugs and shyt cause cats were dressing urban and hip hop. The white man can't stand to see a brother swagged out. shyt is fukking despicable.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
And basketball, in lacking a true minor league system, is an anomaly when compared to hockey or baseball. You see dudes struggle until they mature physically in basketball as well, obviously not to the same degree as football, but there is no denying it plays a part.
lacking a minor league isn't the issue. I'm speaking on feasibility of a player being capable of playing fresh out of HS. It's much more realistic to contribute straight out of or a year removed from HS in other sports than with football.

Be real.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
experience doesn't have anything to do with it. nfl training camps run through seasoned vets every single year. a kid fresh our of high school... most can't even survive freshmen year in college physically. even generational talents would get butchered coming straight out of high school in the nfl

When did I say that basketball was comparable to football? My point was that, just like you can't compare it to football you shouldn't be comparing it to baseball and hockey due the differences that exist in that regard. The experience piece was a reference to fresh out of HS or college players with talent just not being able to keep up with their competition yet, at least not to the level that 3 and 4 year guys (of the same caliber) have throughout history.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Football icompared to other sports is actually tied to physical maturity moreso than other sports. So how often is a player physically mature fresh off of HS training?

:childplease:

Football is an anomaly in this department.

Exactly when professional football players are obviously on PEDs. shyt is the equivalent of a high school wrestler going up against a WWE wrestler.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lacking a minor league isn't the issue. I'm speaking on feasibility of a player being capable of playing fresh out of HS. It's much more realistic to contribute straight out of or a year removed from HS in other sports than with football.

Be real.

How is that not the issue when that was very reason that I said what I said? I never denied what you are saying or implied anything to the contrary.

When did I say that basketball was comparable to football? My point was that, just like you can't compare it to football you shouldn't be comparing it to baseball and hockey due the differences that exist in that regard.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
All stars are anomalies...we got that. The point is throughout the first 50 or so years of the NBA the great majority of those anomalies made an instant impact because they were physically and mentally ready from jump. Over the last 20 years or so it's become increasingly common, to the point where young cats think that's just the way it is, to have to wait a year or two or longer for anomalies to make such an impact due to the fact that they aren't as physically and mentally ready. Most of your HS and one and done players are the anomalies or the anomaly wannabes so I don't know why cats keep referencing the rank and file who likely won't be affected either way.

No, there was never a time where the majority of stars were stars from day one. Those players have always been a very small minority.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Yes, the dress code was racist as fukk. I bet it wouldn't have been a problem if cats were wearing Vans and Umbro shirts. White America can't stand to see brothers doing their own thing and not doing things the "proper" (white) way. They was calling us thugs and shyt cause cats were dressing urban and hip hop. The white man can't stand to see a brother swagged out. shyt is fukking despicable.
No it was mostly a business decision heavily influenced by outward(public) perception. Yes you cant(and shouldnt') ignore the racial implications but it's not as black/white as you are making it out to be.

1/2OfDaBruinz

Banned
Daps
No it was mostly a business decision heavily influenced by outward(public) perception. Yes you cant(and shouldnt') ignore the racial implications but it's not as black/white as you are making it out to be.

So the NBA was losing money cause we were dressing the way we wanted to dress? Investors were giving the NBA ultimatums if the players didn't start wearing suits? The league was gonna lose TV contracts cause dudes were wearing baggy jeans ?:camby:

That shyt was racially motivated, the business angle was just used as a reason to get young black dudes to conform to what the white man wanted them to look like. People would, and were watching regardless.

The irony of an NBA player not being able to wear J's and having to put on a suit. On top of that, plenty of brothers were wearing suits on the bench and to press conferences; it's just that everybody wasn't. They made it seem like every black player dressed like Allen Iverson, which wasn't true. And so what if everyone did, we should be able to wear what the fukk we want.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
How is that not the issue when that was very reason that I said what I said? I never denied what you are saying or implied anything to the contrary.
They are strictly comparing it to other sports where players are physically capable of being contributors early on. Your focus on the minor leagues has no bearing on that.