Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
you think? I seriously think he is going to get the Vision treatment. They might tease him but he won't be on full display until people go see the movie.

That's entirely possible. I'm just being optimistic on that front, I guess.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
im just curious to know how many you muthafukkas actually read the books
i been re-reading alotta them shyts and...
:scust:
i know we online and shyt
but you aint gotta lie to kick it :deadmanny:

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nicole Beharie is a good candidate for Monica I feel. Her and Chadwick have worked opposite together before so it's not like they would have to worry about chemistry.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
If the movie is that shytty and it becomes a 1 and done due to the fans not wanting to support a shytty movie, so be it. I'm not gonna waste my dollars on a sub par product. Nor can I, in good faith, tell my ppls to continue supporting a subpar product. Those days are over.

I already said I'm gonna watch it on opening night and I'm bring my ppl with me. If the movie is good (doesn't have to be great), I'll do multiple viewings. I stand by that.

I don't post as frequently about these things as i used to a couple years back b/c i notice it's all the same narrative of detractors, trolls and agenda having whatevers... but i will say this:

I'm 29 years old and this movie, this 'concept' has been damn near 15 years in the making for me. From the latter end of Priests run... through the Kasper Cole bullshyt in the early '00s... through most of Hudlin's tenure... the marriage... the silver surfer armbar... that masterful Secret Invasion tie-in... the beautiful "World's Apart" mini series with Storm... then the fukkin training wreck starting with Shuri's coronation at T'Challa's expense... the Daredevil replacement... the hot garbage that was Doomwar... the stinking pile of trash that was AvX with the marriage 'annulment'... and then, finally and much needed, the last 3 years of Hickman's sometimes hit/miss attempt at undoing the massive shyt Marvel had taken on BP's character and integrity from the moment Hudlin had stepped away from the title.

I rep black excellence above all else when it comes to this media/super hero shyt and for non stronger than for BP and John Stewart, but i'm not gonna settle for any ol thrown together bullshyt either lol. Hell, after AVX, i boycotted everything Marvel for about a year or so, except for Hickman's New Avengers (which starred T'Challa) and i damn sure wouldn't have been checkin for any of these recent films if i didnt' feel T'Challa was going to get his due in this Civil War movie.

I don't believe in Marvel. but i do believe in Disney. I see what they're doing with Star Wars and the young Boyega and I saw what they did at the end of Avengers 2 with that new lineup, plus the rumors of all upgrades they're going to be giving them boys in addition to what T'Challa is gonna have... so i'm all in... opening night, midnight showing, 3d, rpx, taking a bad female with me and telling her to STFU once the movie starts, etc, all of that. I'm in, and it's been a long time coming, but I expect to get my money's worth. :ufdup:
/rant

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
im just curious to know how many you muthafukkas actually read the books
i been re-reading alotta them shyts and...
:scust:
i know we online and shyt
but you aint gotta lie to kick it :deadmanny:

No lying here, read parts of the priest run, especially Sturn Und Drag (will check out the rest of the run, it's being collected though and it's coming out on Amazon),

read all of the Mcduffie FF stories with BP and storm,

read damn near all of the hudlin run (Civil War, Bad Mutha, the Bride, back to Africa, deadliest of the species) and read See Wakanda and die by Aaron.

Also saw the Black Panther TV show, which is based on Who Is The Black Panther by Hudlin (it's damn near the same, panel to panel).

Which ones did you read? And which ones you didn't like? And why didn't you like them?

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
No lying here, read parts of the priest run, especially Sturn Und Drag (never completed it, couldn't get all the issues, it's being collected though and it's coming out on Amazon),

read all of the Mcduffie FF stories with BP and storm,

read damn near all of the hudlin run (Civil War, Bad Mutha, the Bride, back to Africa, deadliest of the species) and read See Wakanda and die by Aaron.

Also saw the Black Panther TV show, which is based on Who Is The Black Panther by Hudlin (it's damn near the same, panel to panel).

Which ones did you read? And which ones you didn't like? And why didn't you like them?
right now im on the Dark Reign shyt from 2009 issue #3
i started all the way from 1977 with that Solomon cover shyt
i just aint feelin the shyt
Luke Cage i like tho cause he in Harlem doing work
but that Black Panther shyt up until a certain point is all over the fukkin place
you got your own land doing the leadership thing and wanna play around in NYC with Daredevil? :stopitslime:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
I don't post as frequently about these things as i used to a couple years back b/c i notice it's all the same narrative of detractors, trolls and agenda having whatevers... but i will say this:

I'm 29 years old and this movie, this 'concept' has been damn near 15 years in the making for me. From the latter end of Priests run... through the Kasper Cole bullshyt in the early '00s... through most of Hudlin's tenure... the marriage... the silver surfer armbar... that masterful Secret Invasion tie-in... the beautiful "World's Apart" mini series with Storm... then the fukkin training wreck starting with Shuri's coronation at T'Challa's expense... the Daredevil replacement... the hot garbage that was Doomwar... the stinking pile of trash that was AvX with the marriage 'annulment'... and then, finally and much needed, the last 3 years of Hickman's sometimes hit/miss attempt at undoing the massive shyt Marvel had taken on BP's character and integrity from the moment Hudlin had stepped away from the title.

I rep black excellence above all else when it comes to this media/super hero shyt and for non stronger than for BP and John Stewart, but i'm not gonna settle for any ol thrown together bullshyt either lol. Hell, after AVX, i boycotted everything Marvel for about a year or so, except for Hickman's New Avengers (which starred T'Challa) and i damn sure wouldn't have been checkin for any of these recent films if i didnt' feel T'Challa was going to get his due in this Civil War movie.

I don't believe in Marvel. but i do believe in Disney. I see what they're doing with Star Wars and the young Boyega and I saw what they did at the end of Avengers 2 with that new lineup, plus the rumors of all upgrades they're going to be giving them boys in addition to what T'Challa is gonna have... so i'm all in... opening night, midnight showing, 3d, rpx, taking a bad female with me and telling her to STFU once the movie starts, etc, all of that. I'm in, and it's been a long time coming, but I expect to get my money's worth. :ufdup:
/rant

Much respect!

They always want BP fans to take a bunch of bullshyt, like Marvel giving us a bunch a crap all these years was doing us a favor.

And I agree, even if Marvel might be wishy washy with it, Disney wouldn't, their brand and bottom line is on the line with those movies.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
right now im on the Dark Reign shyt from 2009 issue #3
i started all the way from 1977 with that Solomon cover shyt
i just aint feelin the shyt
Luke Cage i like tho cause he in Harlem doing work
but that Black Panther shyt up until a certain point is all over the fukkin place
you got your own land doing the leadership thing and wanna play around in NYC with Daredevil? :stopitslime:

Breh, thought David Liss did as good of a job with his pen game with the daredevil shyt, I never fukked with it due to the premise. BP in Hell's Kitchen for an extended period of time to "find himself"? That's bullshyt.

Stopped at deadliest of the species and didn't fukk with dark reign because hudlin left and Mayberry took over the book. Mayberry ended up doing doom war. fukk doomwar.

Basically, BP has being going through a lot of shytty storytelling since the end of hudlin's run. You have bright spots here and there (parts of BP in NYC, and parts of Hickman's FF stories with BP and parts of New Avengers), but then you get shyt like doomwar and AvX. And even chunks of New Avengers chumped out T'Challa and his mythos. Havent fukked with any of those storyline cuz of the fukkery. I don't even pay attention to secret wars Cuz of everything. Had enough.

And if BP's new solo comic and his participation in the Ultimates is shytty, then Marvel once again marvel won't get my money. fukk that:camby: