Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Feige is batting a 1000, but as I told @Primetime @Achille and @Ziggiy . They really didnt capitalize on the hype of BP like they could have. Series about Wakanda's side characters or its past should have fast forward immediately.

Now its gonna be 4 years later, no Chad (R.I.P), no T'Challa, a reworked script, and none of the momentum from a Civil War to follow up on like BP had.

The good thing is Black Panther's side characters are THE GOAT imo of any side characters in a solo Marvel film. However, it running the risk of being like Valkyrie and Korg leading a Thor movie. Nobody rushing to see that.

I’m just at a loss for how not recasting is this great honor to Chadwick the Gawd’s legacy. T’Challa is a FICTIONAL character and T’Challa on the big screen AND within the greater MCU had so much more to offer and showcase. They already were paying appropriate and touching tribute to Chadwick and everyone knows how iconic he was. Putting the CHARACTER in the hands of another capable actor wouldn’t in any way he offensive to the memory of Chadwick Boseman the MAN

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Yall nikkas Buggin.

1. They didnt really explore Wakanda in the first movie and now they get to learn heavily on it.

2. They never said there would never be another Black Panther. This movie might very well end with a new BP.

3. Yall nikkas act like T'Challa was the ONLY black person in the movie :dahell:

At the end of the day, I think they will step up and make an even better movie to honor Boseman. And when the trailer drops the same people that are :mjpls: will quickly turn to :blessed:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I’m just at a loss for how not recasting is this great honor to Chadwick the Gawd’s legacy. T’Challa is a FICTIONAL character and T’Challa on the big screen AND within the greater MCU had so much more to offer and showcase. They already were paying appropriate and touching tribute to Chadwick and everyone knows how iconic he was. Putting the CHARACTER in the hands of another capable actor wouldn’t in any way he offensive to the memory of Chadwick Boseman the MAN

Recasting Boseman would be like recasting Dr. Strange, Starlord, or Captain America.

It anything it speaks to how highly they thought of and respected Boseman. Becasue they dont think they could replace him.

And I guarantee you other cast members were cool with it. And maybe Coogler didnt want to recast.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
i have to wonder who was in the room when this decision was made

hopefully the outcry on social media is large to the point where they have to reconsider and read some literature on the subject

forcing coogler to rewrite a rushed script, complete dismissal of the king

my mans a few posts back had a good idea about it being during the time where tchalla was gone after the snap but as he mentioned there are even hiccups with that...
I bet it was as much of a Coogler decision as it was a Feige call. In fact it was probably more of a Coogler decision than it was anyone else.

I think Coogler wants to make BP2 a celebration of everyone that made the first one. I can see BP2 being a swan song or sorts before he walks away and lets someone else do Black Panther going forward. Recasting, or somehow bringing the character of T'Challa back in some form would probably be on the table again with new creatives that didn't make BP 1, especially since multiverse fukkery has been introduced as a plot contrivance across the MCU.

But for BP 2. I'm leaning towards Ryan not wanting to work with a recasted T'Challa for the film. And would rather write something that he believes honors the character without having to look another man not named Chadwick in the face and call him T'Challa

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A very TRASH decision by Feige. I'm not gon lie I'm irritated as fukk right now. RIP to the great Chadwick, but the character T'challa needs to go on like Bruce, Clark, etc like so many have said in this thread. How can Feige not realize that?

I more than likely won't even see BP2 in theaters because how stupid this is. Like what's the point? fukk this series until they bring T'challa back.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
If it's just a decision not to recast for BP 2 and they will recast for BP 3 and future Avengers movies then I have no issues with it.

But if they plan on killing off T'Challa and having Shuri replace him they need to recast that role because Letitia Wright aint it.

Anyone else think they might skip Shuri and have W'Kabi become the new Black Panther? Daniel Kaluuya is considered an A-lister now.

theyd be better off bringing in a new character

Uncle Phil 36

All Star
Daps
Recasting Boseman would be like recasting Dr. Strange, Starlord, or Captain America.

It anything it speaks to how highly they thought of and respected Boseman. Becasue they dont think they could replace him.

And I guarantee you other cast members were cool with it. And maybe Coogler didnt want to recast.

Exactly. These are people who had a personal connection to Boseman. He was their colleague, friend etc.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
This is a wack decision.

I love Chadwick in the role, but I can't see this being Chadwick's wishes.

Boseman will forever be T'Challa...but there's been 15 Bruce Wayne's, 15 Clark Kent's, 10 Peter Parker's, 5 Bruce Banner's...finally there's a black superhero who equals the same star power and they're not going to continue it???

This sounding real Disney+ish.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I bet it was as much of a Coogler decision as it was a Feige call. In fact it was probably more of a Coogler decision than it was anyone else.

I think Coogler wants to make BP2 a celebration of everyone that made the first one. I can see BP2 being a swan song or sorts before he walks away and lets someone else do Black Panther going forward. Recasting, or somehow bringing the character of T'Challa back in some form would probably be on the table again with new creatives that didn't make BP 1, especially since multiverse fukkery has been introduced as a plot contrivance across the MCU.

But for BP 2. I'm leaning towards Ryan not wanting to work with a recasted T'Challa for the film. And would rather write something that he believes honors the character without having to look another man not named Chadwick in the face and call him T'Challa
Exactly, if Coogler is directing it is either his decision or he co-signed.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
A very TRASH decision by Feige. I'm not gon lie I'm irritated as fukk right now. RIP to the great Chadwick, but the character T'challa needs to go on like Bruce, Clark, etc like so many have said in this thread. How can Feige not realize that?

I more than likely won't even see BP2 in theaters because how stupid this is. Like what's the point? fukk this series until they bring T'challa back.
Nobody's saying there shouldn't be another T'Challa PERIOD. We're saying that MCU T'Challa is best left done. Thems the breaks.:yeshrug: Wait for a reboot. shyt, do another universe.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
This is a wack decision.

I love Chadwick in the role, but I can't see this being Chadwick's wishes.

Boseman will forever be T'Challa...but there's been 15 Bruce Wayne's, 15 Clark Kent's, 10 Peter Parker's, 5 Bruce Banner's...finally there's a black superhero who equals the same star power and they're not going to continue it???

This sounding real Disney+ish.
Again - those are all SEPARATE continuities. THIS T'Challa, as in MCU T'Challa, is dunzo.