Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I think if Bale passed away after Batman Begins they would've recasted for The Dark Knight and people would've gone the cinema regardless. I believe the same would've happened with Black Panther :manny:

Would some people be upset? No doubt about it.

It's all speculation at this point since something like this has never happened before.

Imagine if they recast Jason Bourne with another actor. Oh wait, they did (sort of) with the Bourne Legacy and nobody was feeling it.

Imagine if they recast Ethan Hunt.... :mjpls:

Not happening.

Just take it as a sign of respect. Eventually, a new king will emerge, but for right now, Wakanda goes on.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I've seen white people on Twitter and other places saying it's good that they let the character 'rest' I asked would you say the same shyt if they 'rested' Peter Parker or Bruce Wayne. Put them and their stories on ice for X amount of years for live-action movies.

They recast Spiderman like it's nothing same as Batman.

Chadwick was mighty in the role but just like other heroes his not the only person who can play it.

I understand Disney are in a tough spot here but they're screwed either way they either make T'Challa look like a chump getting his ass whopped and him killed or they just vanish him.

Neither choice is good for the character.
These comparisons to Peter Parker and Bruce Wayne are not fair. They only recast them during a reboot. They aren't rebooting the MCU.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
I've seen white people on Twitter and other places saying it's good that they let the character 'rest' I asked would you say the same shyt if they 'rested' Peter Parker or Bruce Wayne. Put them and their stories on ice for X amount of years for live-action movies.

Chadwick was mighty in the role but just like other heroes his not the only person who can play it.

I understand Disney are in a tough spot here but they're screwed either way they either make T'Challa look like a chump getting his ass whopped and him killed or they just vanish him.

Neither choice is good for the character.
Again, what you guys keep ignoring is that they reboot the entire damn continuity with the other characters. This replacement T'Challa would be purpoted as the exact same character from the last movie and Civil War, Avengers, etc.Tobey McGuire, Andrew Garfield, and Tom Holland all played entirely different Peter Parkers.

GR13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Neither choice is good for the character

stop being so dame dramatic

T'Challa doesn't have to look like a chump and get his ass whooped to be writen out of The MCU and without doing some weak ass off screen death with T'challa let the character go out of The MCU powerful and in his full glory in total bad A+ action set piece that ends in a self sacrifice by T'challa protecting the defenseless of Wakanda or Africa then going into a big grand beautiful funeral ceremony for T'challa/Chadwick then go into the story of black panther 2

if they decide to write out T'Challa out of The MCU for now that's the best way to do it with respect, power, and grace the character represents and would make the first 25 - 30 minutes of black panther 2 epic as hell right of the rip

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
The supporting cast and worldbuilding being so strong is why they felt they could move on. The sad thing is they literally and figuratively sacrificed T'Challa in BP so that could happen. It allowed for Shuri to be the genius, it allowed for M'Baku to have his swagged out moments, it allowed for Okoye to be "Wakanda's greatest warrior", it allowed for Killmonger to be more than just a 1 dimensional villain, etc etc.

The thing is how those characters bounced off of T'Challa is why it worked so well. If OG BP movie was like the Iron Man where he occupies the bulk of screen time there is no way they are doing Iron Man 2 with Rhodey (if RDJ died). They'd just simply recast.

The shame is that we were in the middle of T'Challa GROWTH. We never really saw full go King T'Challa at all except a few scenes in IW/EG.

And even that hurts because they blipped him for 5 years :snoop:

No one could have predicted Chad's death. However, as now presented we never got the Full 10 steps ahead T'Challa we all hoped for.

MCU is a juggernaut so I dont see them rebooting until like 2030 at the earliest and they'd probably slow roll new films out by then.

Last edited:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
i can't even imagine how they're gonna do this. are they gonna kill T'Challa in the open? Just have a guy in the suit (not dogshyt cgi) fighting and get killed? how could you possibly retcon T'challa? they gonna Poochy him? i kinda want them to blow this series up. Okoye would be the only character I'd truly miss at this point.

Technically he was supposed to die in the first BP film

But he didnt want to go out like that.

Maybe there was a time limit. The heart shaped herb was the only thing that kept him alive and somehow it passed through his system :manny:

Shade

King of Wakanda.
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
The supporting cast and worldbuilding being so strong is why they felt they could move on. The sad thing is they literally and figuratively sacrificed T'Challa in BP so that could happen. It allowed for Shuri to be the genius, it allowed for M'Baku to have his swagged out moments, it allowed for Okoye to be "Wakanda's greatest warrior", it allowed for Killmonger to be more than just a 1 dimensional villain, etc etc.

The thing is how those characters bounced off of T'Challa is why it worked so well. If OG BP movie was like the Iron Man where he occupies the built of screen time there is no way they are doing Iron Man 2 with Rhodey (if RDJ died). They'd just simply recast.

The shame is that we were in the middle of T'Challa GROWTH. We never really saw full go King T'Challa at all except a few scenes in IW/EG.

And even that hurts because they blipped him for 5 years :snoop:

No one could have predicted Chad's death. However, as now presented we never got the Full 10 steps ahead T'Challa we all hoped for.

MCU is a juggernaut so I dont see them rebooting until like 2030 at the earliest and they'd probably slow roll new films out by then.

THIS. This is the crux of my problem with phasing out Tchalla. It's also funny that some of the same people that were talking about Tchalla being the least interesting part of the first film are now crying about no one else can do the character justice like Boseman (RIP).