Shade

King of Wakanda.
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Why? Wakanda is also something we all wish was real and is much needed. An African nation more advanced than all others is worthwhile.

Right now I'm speaking for the marvel universe and he is the glue for the franchise. He's not getting his well earned trilogy so I have no interest in the side characters and red shirts taking over while Tchalla's story and arc is not finished.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I think the most frustrating part about this is that Feige and Disney were more worried about what white people would say on Twitter than the actual core audience for a Black Panther film...
You think he made this decision by himself didn't consult the director and he siad I'll still do it despite having a real connection to Chadwick Boseman?

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Again - those are all SEPARATE continuities. THIS T'Challa, as in MCU T'Challa, is dunzo.

How are you going to continue the story when the primary character is dead? There wasn't enough character development for the others, or for anyone else to replace him...and multiverse fukkery is lazy writing and honestly, that WOULD BE disrespectful.

If they are really trying to honor him in that sense, don't do another movie. I would understand that.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
I think the most frustrating part about this is that Feige and Disney were more worried about what white people would say on Twitter than the actual core audience for a Black Panther film...
:hhh: Y'all are just saying anything, man.

It's easy to say "Just recast him" but the MCU BP character was HUGE. You put another face in it, combined with the fact that Chadwich Boseman died...and people are gonna have a hard time accepting it. You can't replace a face that was tragically lost and then tell people that's the SAME dude.

shyt, people still don't accept light skinned Aunt Viv :mjlol:. You think they're gonna accept a REPLACEMENT T'Challa?

A recast will only happen with a completely clean slate in a new continuity. This ain't a cartoon where you can just find a near identical voice.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
This is a wack decision.

I love Chadwick in the role, but I can't see this being Chadwick's wishes.

Boseman will forever be T'Challa...but there's been 15 Bruce Wayne's, 15 Clark Kent's, 10 Peter Parker's, 5 Bruce Banner's...finally there's a black superhero who equals the same star power and they're not going to continue it???

This sounding real Disney+ish.

Yea it's lame as fukk. Basically gonna shelve him another 15+ years before there's another cinematic-T'Challa. Basically gotta wait until the MCU completely reboots.

All that hard work discarded :francis:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
:hhh: Y'all are just saying anything, man.

It's easy to say "Just recast him" but the MCU BP character was HUGE. You put another face in it, combined with the fact that Chadwich Boseman died...and people are gonna have a hard time accepting it. You can't replace a face that was tragically lost and then tell people that's the SAME dude.

shyt, people still don't accept light skinned Aunt Viv :mjlol:. You think they're gonna accept a REPLACEMENT T'Challa?

A recast will only happen with a completely clean slate in a new continuity. This ain't a cartoon where you can just find a near identical voice.

I think if Bale passed away after Batman Begins they would've recasted for The Dark Knight and people would've gone the cinema regardless. I believe the same would've happened with Black Panther :manny:

Would some people be upset? No doubt about it.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Again - those are all SEPARATE continuities. THIS T'Challa, as in MCU T'Challa, is dunzo.

Basically.

BP is connected to the rest or the MCU.

The only time you can get away with recasting is if it's a complete reboot or it's a secondary character.

Its literally, impossible to reboot the franchise.

And T'Challa was one of the main characters

Honestly, the only character in the movie you could get away with recasting is Nakia. She wasn't in infinity war or end game. That's it.

Black Panther was a victim of it's own success. It made $700 million and created a movement. It was bigger than a movie. To recast T'Challa would marginalize the character.

Furthermore, if people dont go out and support the franchise, then then Wakanda as a whole will get put on the back burner. :snoop:

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
I think if Bale passed away after Batman Begins they would've recasted for The Dark Knight and people would've gone the cinema regardless. I believe the same would've happened with Black Panther :manny:

Would some people be upset? No doubt about it.
Perhaps, but Batman Begins wasn't a huge success. It did well, but didn't set the world on fire. TDK made Bale Batman a bigger deal than Batman Begins tbh.

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps

I've seen white people on Twitter and other places saying it's good that they let the character 'rest' I asked would you say the same shyt if they 'rested' Peter Parker or Bruce Wayne. Put them and their stories on ice for X amount of years for live-action movies.

They recast Spiderman like it's nothing same as Batman.

Chadwick was mighty in the role but just like other heroes his not the only person who can play it.

I understand Disney are in a tough spot here but they're screwed either way they either make T'Challa look like a chump getting his ass whopped and him killed or they just vanish him.

Neither choice is good for the character.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Feige rules the MCU with an iron glove.

I'm sure discussions were had but he gets the final choice.

And the director had to be OK with it. Coogler is a well respected director he can get other work he doesn't need this franchise.
I like BP as much as the next guy but this is the right tact. It's too soon to recast.