ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
The actor isn't larger than the character. The story for a character in a movie in no way shape or form needs to relate to what's happening in the real world.

Next time I watch Harry Potter I'll see if they skipped a film with Dumbledore. Pretty sure they didn't though. :francis:

I don't get the whole thing that recasting the role is disrespectful, or that it's acting like Chadwick never existed. If you ever watched Spartacus, no one forgot Andy Whitfield when he died of cancer. They ended the credits of the series finale of him saying I am Spartacus.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
giphy.gif

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
My mans first movie ever makes a billie and he'll never be seen again:wow::mjcry:@Ziggiy @Dr. Narcisse @humminbird yea...I think this is it for me for this franchise. :mjcry:
Yeah I said that in the beginning too. I’m staying only because I like what they’re doing with the other properties
The only way I could see this working is if they either do a multiverse variant or his son who came from a destroyed future due to kang
I’m not interested in seeing Shuri, m’baku, or okoye become black panther especially when we’re getting Namor and potentially doom now

Last edited:

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Refuse to recast the biggest and most important character of a billion dollar movie brehs. Coogler is damn fool I swear. :francis:

This series will fail if anyone except T’Challa or even Killmonger is Black Panther.
I called it. A huge disservice to the character & the fandom.:francis:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Refuse to recast the biggest and most important character of a billion dollar movie brehs. Coogler is damn fool I swear. :francis:

This series will fail if anyone except T’Challa or even Killmonger is Black Panther.
They said they made the decision in minutes. Which is proof its more of a knee jerk reaction. They didnt properly think about this.

Someone from the outside should have stepped in since they were so caught up with grief. Its one thing for the sequel, but to NEVER have T'Challa return? Thats extreme.