Official Michael Jordan 'The Last Dance' Doc Thread (NO SPOILERS)

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
if lebron wins a title with LA (esp. as finals mvp), nobody is going to remember a silly documentary :yeshrug:

lib123

All Star
Daps
Regarding mike's take on scottie's contract, Mike always felt like if you signed a contract, you honored it - something his mom instilled in him. Aint got shyt to do with him being an owner now or selling out scottie or whatever. He was underpaid himself and never complained after he signed his contract.

From his book in 2005:

"Once I gave my word and signed on the dotted line, I stuck with it. That's what leaders do."

From his mom in the same book:
"I remember when the Bulls started winning championships and the press started saying that Michael wasn't being paid enough money. I would tell him that his word is his bond. "You signed a contract not knowing how your skills would develop, not knowing who was going to surround you. You agreed to that contract and you have to honor that contract....don't make it an issue because then you are not living up to your responsibility.""

Driven from Within

Even tho Jordan was underpaid, he was still the highest paid on the team. Wonder how Jordan would’ve felt if Pippen signed shorter deal in 91 then started making significantly more than him in 95 and 96?

Daps
yeah it does. I’m just wondering if he would be as cool with “honoring his contract” if he was underpaid and not the highest paid on the Bulls.
I'm not sure why he wouldn't be the highest paid on the bulls. What doesn't make sense is not being the highest paid in the nba.

He was the best player in the nba making less than danny ferry and hot rod Williams. He was cool with honoring his contract. Never bytched.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
Nobody can surpass him. Lebron best chance was the younger generation who never saw MJ play bring brainwashed, but now they like :ohhh: seeing prime MJ.

He was the perfect player skillwise, most athletic, and has the goat swag and mystique. People will still be talking about MJ in hushed tones 100 years from now.

Jordan was "the created player" breh that's why I don't compare nobody to that cat.

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
:gucci:Who gives a fukk. The fact is Lebron joined a top 3 player’s organization that already had A FMVP.... with another top 10 player.

Bron left multiple contenders to go to stronger teams. This is just a fact. Whether it’s used against him or not.

basically :pachaha:

Daps
Nobody can surpass him. Lebron best chance was the younger generation who never saw MJ play bring brainwashed, but now they like :ohhh: seeing prime MJ.

He was the perfect player skillwise, most athletic, and has the goat swag and mystique. People will still be talking about MJ in hushed tones 100 years from now.

This is a great quality game i just uploaded last week from the 1990 playoffs game 3. Barkley and Jordan.

Its rare you find games from time period of that quality. The Spectrum arena is really beautiful.