Official Michael Jordan 'The Last Dance' Doc Thread (NO SPOILERS)

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
them cradle dunks :wow:

to me the best looking dunks ever

63d8349595f74abc467441e09fa05cda.gif
source.gif
b4798d02b70f6feae3d45f9d1bbc6b49.gif

like he walkin on air :mjcry:

dude was just too great :banderas: man sheesh :damn:

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
When a team makes rules solely to guard you, you know you a bad muthafukker.

:ehh:
Curry bout the only cat that gets that type of treatment these days... in the playoffs that is. Kobe got it back in the day too

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nobody can surpass him. Lebron best chance was the younger generation who never saw MJ play bring brainwashed, but now they like :ohhh: seeing prime MJ.

He was the perfect player skillwise, most athletic, and has the goat swag and mystique. People will still be talking about MJ in hushed tones 100 years from now.

He will be surpassed we just may not be around to see it :manny:

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Are you nikkas that broke, dumb, impatient, or all of the above, that you have to watch the leaks, and then on top of it, post about it afterwards:mindblown:

WTF is wrong with some of ya

Nothing wrong with people watching leaks, yeah spoiler tags should be used but really goof ass moods should have created a spoiler thread

lib123

All Star
Daps
I'm not sure why he wouldn't be the highest paid on the bulls. What doesn't make sense is not being the highest paid in the nba.

He was the best player in the nba making less than danny ferry and hot rod Williams. He was cool with honoring his contract. Never bytched.

If Pippen had signed a 3 year deal in ‘91 instead of a 7 year deal, then re-signed with the Bulls in ‘94, there would have been some years when he made more than Jordan.

Daps
He will be surpassed we just may not be around to see it :manny:

I don't think he'll ever be surpassed. First you have to match his talent level , which is already impossible. The imaginery player that talented will naturally not going to give the same effort on defense as Jordan did.

Second, that player has to match his incredible tenacity and mastery of the art of defense. Its just crazy to me how someone as absurdly talented as Jordan was also the most tenacious player on the court at all times, playing every game like it was his last. Trying to steal every ball , to block every shot and to shut down down his man completely.

In Jordan's prime, teams didn't even bother attacking the side of the floor he was defending. That's how scary of a defender he was. He averaged 37 ppg and still had time for 256 steals and 131 blocks in a season. He did it twice back to back, the only player to ever do so. His blocked shots in the 86/87 and 87/88 season were comparable to starting Centers in the league. He is very arguably the greatest ball thief in NBA history with maybe only Alvin Robertson being in the discussion. But Jordan did it for longer. I don't consider Chris Paul to be as good a ball thief as either one.

In his prime, he was the best offensive and defensive player in the league quite clearly and perhaps the best offensive and defensive player to ever play. Certainly the best offensive player. He was the total package and had no flaws or weaknesses.

Offensively, his skill set is so advanced, it defies any logic. Even to this day, sometimes I think about the way he played and it still makes no sense to me. No human being should be able to play basketball like that.

He has moves he created no one else can do. He'll lean into his defender facing the opposite way and make a layup without looking at the rim. He'll do reverse layups attacking the rim from right to left, from left to right, sometimes through the middle and finish with either hand. He'll shoot free throws with his eyes closed. He'll hang in the air, double or triple pump his jumper and release it when he pleases or release it when he is descending to the ground. Another move is when he palms the ball with one hand and can still shoot it in the basket with one hand. He'll make layups without looking at the rim. He's the only player that can do this stuff.

This is why I always laugh when people say Kobe's playing style is just like Mike. Actually that isn't entirely true because Jordan has played in different ways throughout his career. The way Jordan played from 84-88 was not the way he played from 89-91. And it was not the way he played from 92-98.
Kobe's style of play is most similar to the Jordan of 93-98.

Back to the main point, I just don't see how anyone can ever surpass him. And so far, I've only mentioned his attributes as a player. Never mind the 6 rings and 6 Finals MVP's.

Last edited:

lib123

All Star
Daps
But he didn't. He signed what he signed.

understood. I’m just referencing when someone quoted Jordan as saying he was cool with being underpaid because his mom taught him to honor his word (the contract). I’m wondering if he would be that cool with it if he was underpaid AND not the top paid on the team.