Official Michael Jordan 'The Last Dance' Doc Thread (NO SPOILERS)

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
them cradle dunks :wow:

to me the best looking dunks ever

63d8349595f74abc467441e09fa05cda.gif
source.gif
b4798d02b70f6feae3d45f9d1bbc6b49.gif
In real-time, it looks okay but in slow motion replay, you see how elegant Jordan is in the air. I've always said he is the most elegant dunker I've ever seen. He just glides like a swan. My favorite rock the cradle was at the end v. Maryland when UNC beat Len Bias' Terps. The ultimate showman. That's why so many of the old generation didn't care for him but damnit, that dude with help of endorsements is the single greatest FIGURE in the sports history.

Football wants to do something like that with Tom Brady but he's too perfect to the average Joe. Jordan simply resonated.

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
If Pippen had signed a 3 year deal in ‘91 instead of a 7 year deal, then re-signed with the Bulls in ‘94, there would have been some years when he made more than Jordan.
Made more Bulls salary but that’s about it. MJ had multiple incomes :yeshrug:

Daps
understood. I’m just referencing when someone quoted Jordan as saying he was cool with being underpaid because his mom taught him to honor his word (the contract). I’m wondering if he would be that cool with it if he was underpaid AND not the top paid on the team.
I posted the quote from his mom. He was underpaid. He didn't complain. Again, how would he not be the top paid on the team? Im not sure you understand how negotiating works.

If you have someone who's the best player on the team and then you walk into the GM and owner and say you want a new contract. They'll say ok. "Here's what the best player on the team is making. You're not the best player, so we're not going to pay you more than him, but here's what we'll give you. It's shytty and we wouldn't sign but this is what we're offering."

Again, mj was the best player in the world, not just on the bulls and was never the highest paid until his last 2 seasons. He came back in 95 and didn't ask for a new contract despite greats such as dale davis, hot rod williams, brian shaw, shawn bradley, clarence weatherspoon, tom gugliotta, danny ferry, retired ass sam bowie, detlef shrempf, sean elliot, ac green and danny manning making more than him.

He didnt complain. You know why he didn't complain? Because he signed the contract. Accept reality instead of creating alternate realities where you can see mj pissed off. There's better things to wonder about.

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Seen a tweet from some old head Detroit brehs that said the reason Rodman was about to commit that was he found his wife in bed with Vinnie Johnson and she was fukking with other players on the team. So it wasn’t because he was tired of living or some shyt.

@eastside313 @Regular_P @wire28 yall from Detroit you know about this?

Vinnie Johnson is black excellence though his post playing career dude really made it :salute:

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
since the part of the doc that focused on their rivalry with the Pistons
that "lock mics/Mikes like Joe Dumars, no pimp, got no wife, just 4 goomahs" bar from Vado been in my head since.

my son bodied that freestyle.

"Rest In Peace D Ferg I'm with my Same Gang"

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina

This is a great quality game i just uploaded last week from the 1990 playoffs game 3. Barkley and Jordan.

Its rare you find games from time period of that quality. The Spectrum arena is really beautiful.

Barkley had a pedestrian 34 points & 20 rebounds in this game:wow:
announcers didn't act like it was something special at all:ehh:

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
Listening to GET UP and them talk about Isaiah missing the dream team

I think people forget that Magic & Isaiah fell out during the time that Magic retired due to HIV

And there were rumors that Magic was gay and speculation that Isaiah was fueling some of that talk

So really Magic, Jordan, Pippen are the main ones who didn't want him

lib123

All Star
Daps
I posted the quote from his mom. He was underpaid. He didn't complain. Again, how would he not be the top paid on the team? Im not sure you understand how negotiating works.

If you have someone who's the best player on the team and then you walk into the GM and owner and say you want a new contract. They'll say ok. "Here's what the best player on the team is making. You're not the best player, so we're not going to pay you more than him, but here's what we'll give you. It's shytty and we wouldn't sign but this is what we're offering."

Again, mj was the best player in the world, not just on the bulls and was never the highest paid until his last 2 seasons. He came back in 95 and didn't ask for a new contract despite greats such as dale davis, hot rod williams, brian shaw, shawn bradley, clarence weatherspoon, tom gugliotta, danny ferry, retired ass sam bowie, detlef shrempf, sean elliot, ac green and danny manning making more than him.

He didnt complain. You know why he didn't complain? Because he signed the contract. Accept reality instead of creating alternate realities where you can see mj pissed off. There's better things to wonder about.

I’m not sure you understand how timing works. Jordan signed his 8 year extension in ‘88. Scottie signed his 7 year extension in ‘91. If Scottie signed a 3 year extension instead of a 7 year, his contract would’ve expired before Jordan’s extension. Thus there would’ve been several years when Scottie made more than Jordan due to a much higher salary cap.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Episode 4 was the best so far

-emergence of the triangle offense, and the importance of moving the ball.
-Phil Jackson's life story
-mike moving from iso ball to team ball
-losing to the pistons 2x and then finally winning
-MJ's commentary on Isaiah, talking about he still shook hands TWICE, even tho it hurt like hell
-Mike up against magic, winning 4 straight
-The emotions of finally winning a chip, and taking out MAGIC JOHNSON to get it

Michael-Jordan-The-Shot-Over-Craig-Ehlo.gif

lost to Detroit 3 straight times fam. 88-90 playoffs.

4-1 in 88
4-2 in 89
4-3 in 90

then they got over the hump and swept em in 91