Once more, an Unseld leads the Bullets: Washington Wizards 2021-22 Season Thread

Where do the Bullets go?

• Lottery Season

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • 1st Round Exit for 2nd straight year

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Conference Semifinals

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Eastern Conference Finals

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • NBA Finals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NBA Champions

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
Daps
Man after watching a lot of our preseason, practice videos, interviews etc. I’m HYPE about this season man. Let’s PLEASE start strong and it’ll be dope. Don’t know if I’ve ever seen a Wiz team have this many shooters down the list. So many positives to list. Tommy Shephard did such a great job with that Dinwiddie trade man.

Going to the Pacers game on Friday via my girl’s friend’s free tickets hahaa hopefully we’ll be 2-0 after the game man we really do have the pieces to be a solid playoff team this year. We need to change the culture man lol season starts today and first game is tomorrow..can’t wait

We have shooters! We have some depth. But we need to see how that defense will look. The better our defense, the better chances.

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
First opening night W since 2017-18

Wes Jr has these guys running sets, playing defense and moving the ball.

Turnovers are a problem as well as scoring droughts but I gave some credit to the Raptors length on defense.

Trez might win 6MOTY if we get this type of production. Brad playing off the ball is nice to see again.

@thewiz
@lochead
@mastermind
@ThatsRite2
@Black
@Eddie Jordan
@Mr swag
@Spree At Last
@mrken12
@Rob's al Ghul
@KBadd
@seanjohn21276
@L. Deezy
@ZEupTWN
@Guv
@KillbertArenas
@G-Zeus
@Icepick Isaacs
@Blackrogue
@VladTheImpaler
@JACK!
@PracticeMeansNothin
@Smashius Clay
@Jemmy
@Dad
@KBadd
@L&HH

Last edited:

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Can’t wait to get rid of Bertans so Kispert can get his minuets.
This is how I feel about Kuzma and Deni. We have this logjam at SF/PF...Kuzma, Bertans, Kispert, Rui, Deni, Trez which is what I hated most about the Westbrook trade. Got a bunch of pieces that we didn't even need.

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
This is how I feel about Kuzma and Deni. We have this logjam at SF/PF...Kuzma, Bertans, Kispert, Rui, Deni, Trez which is what I hated most about the Westbrook trade. Got a bunch of pieces that we didn't even need.

Valuable trade pieces :mjlit:

Trez is definitely playing C though

Kispert looks like he ain't going to get time but I'd play him over Holiday if Holiday is going to be wilding out like he was tonight.

Neto looks HUNGRY... I can't sit that man down.

Kuzma definitely shouldn't be getting 35 minutes. When Rui is back, I think the rotation will have him starting...

Dinwiddie/Neto
Beal/Holiday/Kispert
KCP/Deni/Kispert
Rui/Kuz/Bertans
Gafford/Trez

And then you have Thomas Bryant. :mindblown:

Tommy has been good at trades. He's been meh in the draft.

Rob's al Ghul

LOCKin' 'em down in the home of the Terrapins
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
410/301/202
Granted these aren't the 2019 Raps, far from it, but it was nice seeing us hold someone to < 90 pts. Wes Jr.'s influence already taking effect?

Also - and I think @FAH1223 was getting at this ^ - this is a deep team, definitely deeper than recent seasons. Sure, some of these guys may eventually get moved, and you always have to factor in injuries and now covid issues, but for now, we've got a lot of options. And that's without Rui and Bryant.

BTW, whenever Bryant gets back, they've got to keep Trez out there somehow. He's the perfect small-ball 5.

Daps
Granted these aren't the 2019 Raps, far from it, but it was nice seeing us hold someone to < 90 pts. Wes Jr.'s influence already taking effect?

Also - and I think @FAH1223 was getting at this ^ - this is a deep team, definitely deeper than recent seasons. Sure, some of these guys may eventually get moved, and you always have to factor in injuries and now covid issues, but for now, we've got a lot of options. And that's without Rui and Bryant.

BTW, whenever Bryant gets back, they've got to keep Trez out there somehow. He's the perfect small-ball 5.

Thomas Bryant can go honestly, him and Bertans!

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
Sheppard did an amazing job this season. Probably the deepest and most balanced Wizards team I've ever seen. Gonna be interesting to see how guys like Rui, Kispert, and Deni develop.. I don't see them getting enough reps.

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Sheppard did an amazing job this season. Probably the deepest and most balanced Wizards team I've ever seen. Gonna be interesting to see how guys like Rui, Kispert, and Deni develop.. I don't see them getting enough reps.
Since Kuzma is so hot and cold, I think Rui is gonna get the minutes but the latter two are gonna be losing time

ZEupTWN

Mid|Range|Game|
Daps
GREAT win but expect hot and cold games on both ends until we find an identity....typical of mid tier teams