Once more, an Unseld leads the Bullets: Washington Wizards 2021-22 Season Thread

Where do the Bullets go?

• Lottery Season

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • 1st Round Exit for 2nd straight year

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Conference Semifinals

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Eastern Conference Finals

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • NBA Finals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NBA Champions

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
GREAT win but expect hot and cold games on both ends until we find an identity....typical of mid tier teams
The defense has an issue with teams who have 4 shooters on the floor

Maybe Rui coming back can help on strong side defense

Also Bryant coming back will help against teams with multiple 5s who can score. Trez did his best and Gafford still fouls too much

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Wizards - Redskins - VCU BBall - FSU Football
Was at the game..what a wild ride. Didn’t know I could have such a great time there with my boy Beal not playing

1st off the Pacers have a squad man Brogdon is cold and makes it look so easy, almost boring a la Andre Miller. And Myles Turner put up the quietest 40 I’ve ever seen. Sabonis unstoppable in thr paint too.

I was initially disappointed in how many open seats there were, but by the 3rd quarter through overtime you really couldn’t notice man. Folks were as loud as I’ve heard the arena since I went to a playoff game vs the Bulls 7 or so years ago. So shoutout to everybody that brought that energy last night.

I’ve already said it numerous times but Tommy Shepard deserves all the credit for hiring Wes, for all the pieces he got in the off-season, especially how he pulled off the Spencer trade to perfection.

These boys have heart man. Spencer in thr 4th and OT?? Ice cold under pressure!!! Neto is a problem for the opposing team in so many ways - and we might have found the perfect role for Bertans that makes everyone happy. I’m rappin at this point but just know this team might really shock a lot of people with some of the W’s we rack up going forward.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Trez is definitely playing C though

Kispert looks like he ain't going to get time but I'd play him over Holiday if Holiday is going to be wilding out like he was tonight.

Neto looks HUNGRY... I can't sit that man down.

Kuzma definitely shouldn't be getting 35 minutes. When Rui is back, I think the rotation will have him starting...

Dinwiddie/Neto
Beal/Holiday/Kispert
KCP/Deni/Kispert
Rui/Kuz/Bertans
Gafford/Trez

And then you have Thomas Bryant. :mindblown:

Tommy has been good at trades. He's been meh in the draft.
Bertans is not a 3rd stringer on any NBA roster including this one. Probably one of the best backups in the NBA productivity wise and impact wise. Kuz can play the 3 spot with Rui at the 4. KCP in the 2nd string and Deni is the 11th man.

Washington like Atlanta 2nd unit is better than some starting units in the NBA like Orlando, OKC, Houston, and others.

ZEupTWN

Mid|Range|Game|
Daps
The defense has an issue with teams who have 4 shooters on the floor

Maybe Rui coming back can help on strong side defense

Also Bryant coming back will help against teams with multiple 5s who can score. Trez did his best and Gafford still could too much

Rotation at times was just wtf terrible.. I know defensive philosophies are a process but there is no excuse for that many uncontested shot ...

Gafford is still a work in process so giddy to make a play at times he still leaves his feet way too much for comfort, still learning to actually stand his ground and use his length n body more....Skilled experienced bigs like Turner and Sabonis are gonna chew him up fa sure....

Luckily Unseld seems way more detail oriented than the last coach so we'll see...

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Daps
Good quality win even though they played shytty down the stretch. They would have lost this game last year (and the previous 5 years lol)

I hope Gafford isn’t out long, because Bertans at center is not the short term answer.

Also Trezz is putting his money where his mouth is. Brad can learn a thing or too. Dinwiddie is definitely our closer at the moment. Love this team depth but he might not play back to backs and Neto already out. Holiday, next man up!

FAH1223

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Good quality win even though they played shytty down the stretch. They would have lost this game last year (and the previous 5 years lol)

I hope Gafford isn’t out long, because Bertans at center is not the short term answer.

Also Trezz is putting his money where his mouth is. Brad can learn a thing or too. Dinwiddie is definitely our closer at the moment. Love this team depth but he might not play back to backs and Neto already out. Holiday, next man up!
Hope Gaff has no damage. Pray

What are we doing at center tomorrow?
Start Deni and play Kuz at C

Bring Trez off the bench

Id also use our 2nd round pick Todd