Questlove out here saying hip hop is dead due to the Kdot and Drake beef

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Nas didn't threaten 50's grandma. You misquoted the lyric. He acknowledged knowing 50's grandma. He basically brushed 50 off. And evennif he did go "nuclear", he wasn't trying to get 50 out the paint with allegations.
All this pearl clutching going on is embarrassing. Drake did what he always does and goes low and ran into a dude who was willing to go there with him and had the dirt to do - it seemed plausible even if it’s exaggerated. He got outrapped and strategized now move the fukk on. I

Turk

Young, Gifted, and Black
Daps
Reppin
Southside
I agree with Questlove that this beef has turned into mudslinging, and the focus isn't on bars anymore. However, we can't act like mudslinging has never been a part of rap beef. This beef, in particular, has jumped the shark like no other beef has, though.

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
Most OGs wasn’t feeling the battle.

Made it to corny gossip fast and it never was actually about the raps. Just a proxy fight for internet stans.

People trying to force this into the mold of classic battles of the past are making a mockery of the culture :manny:
it never could have been. Drake is not an emcee. hes a pop star who occasionally raps bars his friends write for him.

it was always going to be about gossip

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state
Nas didn't threaten 50's grandma. You misquoted the lyric. He acknowledged knowing 50's grandma. He basically brushed 50 off. And evennif he did go "nuclear", he wasn't trying to get 50 out the paint with allegations.

Point out one battle where the rappers who had no real beef started accusing eachother of henious crimes .

perfect example of this beef effecting judgement

last few days normal posters started to jump out the window

both th3se quotes from yall are laughable

yall not in this reality

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
it never could have been. Drake is not an emcee. hes a pop star who occasionally raps bars his friends write for him.

it was always going to be about gossip
I guess you are right, but that’s also why a lot of OGs are kinda apathetic about it.

Drake been Drake. Kendrick calling him a culture culture fraud ain’t really exciting to a lot of people.

Jumping into the mud with gossip don’t really sit right with people outside of their staunch fan base that’s been clamoring for this fight for years.

I guess they got what they wanted :manny:

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
i could actually see 50 beefing with someones grandma :patrice:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All this pearl clutching going on is embarrassing. Drake did what he always does and goes low and ran into a dude who was willing to go there with him and had the dirt to do - it seemed plausible even if it’s exaggerated. He got outrapped and strategized now move the fukk on. I

And this is what's laughable, ya'll be the first to mention a Drake. Generally speaking, my post wasn't about Drake. I was talking about how rappers have mentioned the spouses, baby mothers, and girlfriends of other rappers in disses since the 90's.

Superstar
Daps
I agree with Questlove that this beef has turned into mudslinging, and the focus isn't on bars anymore. However, we can't act like mudslinging has never been a part of rap beef. This beef, in particular, has jumped the shark like no other beef has, though.

I can agree if you mean the way the larger public is receiving it. As far as fans, Dot and Drake, I feel it’s still about bars. I listen to more dot than Drake, but I usually check out Drake projects when they drop. Content aside (and writers), they’re both spitting as if their lives depend on it… I guess in a way their lives do depend on it.

Even then I still don’t think this is the worst. Maybe the biggest, but not the worst.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I get what you saying I'm just pointing out we are here because of ONE rapper's inability to approach confrontation/conflict/battle without bringing family members (specifically, wives/girlfriends/exes) into it. He tried that shyt against Meek and it worked. He tried that shyt against Pusha and got annihilated. And he tried that shyt against Kendrick and got annihilated. I know we disagree about the records but at this point, with a diss track on the verge of going #1....this shyt is over. It's a national version of the Hot 97 battle.

Gucci accused Jeezy of sending shooters after him. That's WAY more specific than a generic "you like young girls" accusation. Nobody cared. And because it was two southern rappers and pre-social media, it didn't reach mass media or the level this shyt has reached. Again...that's on Drake in my eyes. Maybe Kendrick will get accused of something. But that's the game he agreed to play in order to get this lame ass nikka out the paint. We'll see what happens. CLEARLY Kendrick is willing to crash out to get this done, which tells me he's either at peace with self sacrifice or he knows they go nothing on him.
THIS

Why the fukk is one person supposed to keep it all hip-hop, and when he did that on Like That, the other person comes back talking about his FIANCE..

Then fans wanna cry and call something gossip like we didn't see tweets of you messaging underage girlSSSS

DRAKE opened those floodgates as he always does. Bringing in family then acting appalled when it comes back to him. fukk all that. You want to keep it RAP, then keep it RAP. You want to dig into what's going on in my home, well lets dig into what's going on in yours

Crazy part is, Drake easily wins all these battles on rap alone. He feels the need to have the whole shyt wrapped up, then sprinkle on something about your wife/fiance/girl as a cherry... Then cries about it after like "yea rap needs rules, it went too far" then does it again and again and again

deeznutz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
GTA
To be fair this bytch ass clown MolestLove probably said the same thing after he heard Hit em' Up

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
This is all I'm saying. This beef jump the shark like no other beef I seen from 2 major artists that didn't have street beef.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I guess you are right, but that’s also why a lot of OGs are kinda apathetic about it.

Drake been Drake. Kendrick calling him a culture culture fraud ain’t really exciting to a lot of people.

Jumping into the mud with gossip don’t really sit right with people outside of their staunch fan base that’s been clamoring for this fight for years.

I guess they got what they wanted :manny:
I never wanted this battle in the first place I wanted Dot and Cole. I just wanted Cole to shut his haters up but this nikka fukked around and fed them. :snoop: