Questlove out here saying hip hop is dead due to the Kdot and Drake beef

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:ehh:
No, you grow up. You’ve said dumb shyt all week, just like the rest of us, and now you want to cry about it being too dirty. If poking fun at it makes that “lies and rumors” then call me Mediafakeout. You don’t need to say a word about being pissy when you’ve brought up internet integrity lol
I ain’t said no dumb shyt :hubie:

This started because you literally removed context from my post and responded to an argument i didn’t even make.

Again i don’t know what else you want from me at this point.

I’ll end it here.

Thanks for the discussion. It’s all love from my end. Hope you have a wonderful evening :cheers:

Superstar
Daps
I ain’t said no dumb shyt :hubie:

This started because you literally removed context from my post and responded to an argument i didn’t even make.

Again i don’t know what else you want from me at this point.

I’ll end it here.

Thanks for the discussion. It’s all love from my end. Hope you have a wonderful evening :cheers:

You too. :salute:

Nuuko

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Whose fault is that? Six years ago this entire forum acknowledged when you start mentioning nikkas girls in a diss song all bets are off. You have signed your life away and acknowledged whatever happens, happens. We saw how Pusha handled it....and mind you, we only saw ONE phase of it. Pusha straight up said it was gonna be a surgical summer. He clearly had responses ready and does anyone think that man wasn't gonna go lower and lower? So why is anyone surprised that Kendrick would have a similar response and go nuclear?

It is what it is. Kendrick was prepared for a lyrical, normal battle. Instead Drake went overboard with family shyt and ducktales so Kendrick responded with what sound like really uncomfortable truths or half truths.
Exactly what budden said, Kendrick gave him a chance to keep it friendly, had records depending on the direction the beef was gonna take, but drake decided to hit under the belt...:yeshrug:

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
I'm talking about the manner that this is happening. Especially when there's not real street beef history. They are basically accusing eachother of henious crimes infront of the entire world. I don't think the world has been involved in a rap beef as much as this since Pac and Biggie. And that was deeper than rap.

Yea they took it too far with the accusations. The Pac & Biggie beef was more street oriented.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Before this board even existed, rappers mentioned other rappers' wives on record. "Piggybank" wasn't a death sentence for 50 and he dissed Kelis, Nas's wife at the time. This is what I'm getting at. In what world was The Coli ever establishing anything pertaining to a battle or beef.

And what did Nas say after that.

And y'all wanna know why I ain't gotta answer nikkas?
'Cause I truly understand these nikkas
Scared of me, so they talk about family members
Like I can't point out your grandma to nikkas

:dead:

Did 50 respond or do shyt after that, beyond some radio interview jabs? No. That's my point. You cross certain lines with dudes and you get a nuclear response. I remember most of us on this forum defending Pusha responding to Drake using his wife's name by making fun of 40 being sick. You cross certain lines and as a MAN it's your obligation to respond with aggression by whatever means.

Superstar
Daps
TBh it has always been like this in big battles...only difference is now the internet is a thing

:manny:
I’d honestly rather this than the drill bars coming out of Chicago the last decade and a half. I agree that only difference between “dot v drake” and older non-drill shyt is the speed of information.

People were taking shyt they heard on diss songs, and running with it, in the 90’s. If anything the rumors spun out of control worse because it took so long for correction.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And what did Nas say after that.

And y'all wanna know why I ain't gotta answer nikkas?
'Cause I truly understand these nikkas
Scared of me, so they talk about family members
Like I can't point out your grandma to nikkas

:dead:

Did 50 respond or do shyt after that, beyond some radio interview jabs? No. That's my point. You cross certain lines with dudes and you get a nuclear response. I remember most of us on this forum defending Pusha responding to Drake using his wife's name by making fun of 40 being sick. You cross certain lines and as a MAN it's your obligation to respond with aggression by whatever means.

Nas didn't threaten 50's grandma. You misquoted the lyric. He acknowledged knowing 50's grandma. He basically brushed 50 off. And evennif he did go "nuclear", he wasn't trying to get 50 out the paint with allegations.

Rhyme n Tekniq

Superstar
Daps
Alot of vets are showing how out of touch they are with this beef. mostly shyt takes from people I wouldn't expect too.

Alot of them masks their being washed and bitterness as "maturity"

Another point. Why is it every time a non east rapper gets the light. It's hip hop is dead etc etc. Not all of you but specifically these dusty old NY dudes. Busta being one of the few exceptions of someone from his era who routinely engages with and supports the younger generation and other regions.

Even if you disputed Kendricks GOAT status before, there's no denying it now. These nikkas want to act high and mighty and finger wag.

And this Nikka quest is a werido. Held a grudge over Rosario Dawson curving him like a passive aggressive incel. And the nikkas a whole clown for leaking a couple of D'Angelo songs against his wishes.

Besides my point but yeah alot of these OG's are embarrassing with their takes

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Alot of vets are showing how out of touch they are with this beef. mostly shyt takes from people I wouldn't expect too.

Alot of them masks their being washed and bitterness as "maturity"

Another point. Why is it every time a non east rapper gets the light. It's hip hop is dead etc etc. Not all of you but specifically these dusty old NY dudes. Busta being one of the few exceptions of someone from his era who routinely engages with and supports the younger generation and other regions.

Even if you disputed Kendricks GOAT status before, there's no denying it now. These nikkas want to act high and mighty and finger wag.

And this Nikka quest is a werido. Held a grudge over Rosario Dawson curving him like a passive aggressive incel. And the nikkas a whole clown for leaking a couple of D'Angelo songs against his wishes.

Besides my point but yeah alot of these OG's are embarrassing with their takes

No doubt NY dudes both IRL and on the coli are embarrassing themselves during this beef