Raven Symoné Doubles Down on The Oprah Winfrey Interview About Being Labeled African American

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
Here in America.

I’m descendent of slaves which is precisely my family identified as black and not African.

In my experience growing up black people called ourselves Black Americans and it was white people that used African American as a politically correct way to say black because their white guilt made them act like black was a dirty word.

white people hate saying "Black" for sure. If anything, I like making them say it. Man up cac.

I think beneath it all, we have to look at each other with grace instead of apathy. The west has fukked up the minds of a lot of cultures towards each other.

I'm still learning to move on from a bad mindset towards Africans and the concept of ethnicity when it comes to Black people across the globe.

I have no desire to be ethnically African. I'm ethnically Black American. That's my culture and by birthright.

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
white people hate saying "Black" for sure. If anything, I like making them say it. Man up cac.

I think beneath it all, we have to look at each other with grace instead of apathy. The west has fukked up the minds of a lot of cultures towards each other.

I'm still learning to move on from a bad mindset towards Africans and the concept of ethnicity when it comes to Black people across the globe.

I have no desire to be ethnically African. I'm ethnically Black American. That's my culture and by birthright.
I’ve started to call myself African American despite growing up in an “I’m black, not African” environment and it’s positively emancipating.

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
African American is literally just the name for ADOS. When the name was created the amount of foreign black people were minuscule. It’s literally just a name for our ethnicity.

Growing up I always thought African American meant Black people who were originally here and didn't choose to immigrate or come as refugees. It wasn't until the last 2 years I've been seeing this sentiment from tweets posted here.

Topps

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This feels like a lite skint issue.

Didn't Smokey Robinson and Yvette Carnell say similar shyt?

Black, African American, American, ADOS, FBA.....I don't care...they all describe me. I'm dark and almost 90% west/central African.

Only difference between me, a random Nigerian, Pele and David Ortiz is that the Nigerian's folks didn't get captured in battle and sold (or their ancestor was a chief and sold my people).....Pele's people were owned by white Portuguese and Ortiz people were owned by white Spanish people.

My people were owned by Scottish and Irish immigrant slavers.

You was obviously teased by lightskin people growing up. You have a lot of posts with major hang ups about lightskin people. It's very telling in your posts.