Raven Symoné Doubles Down on The Oprah Winfrey Interview About Being Labeled African American

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
Yeah I suspect this is a late stage pivot when she saw which way the wind was blowing. No surprise it took her 10 years to make this comment.
Yeah she tried to say that she wasn't trying to throw her blackness away but here's the original quote

"know where my roots go to; I don’t know how far back they go. I don’t know what country in Africa I’m from. But I do know that my roots are in Louisiana. I’m an American, and that’s a colorless person, because we’re all people. I have lots of things running through my veins.”

It'd be better if she just said her idea was still underdeveloped and she went too far calling herself colorless. I'm glad she's embracing her ethnicity more in her later age tho. I'd imagine her evolved idea of herself would have went over better in 2014 :ehh:

Da Jungles

CBALL
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MUSIC
Some of y’all have let a few weirdos on this site radicalize you and you’ve turned into the exact weirdo you call out.

What I’m saying is, LOG OFF :laugh:

Daps
You was obviously teased by lightskin people growing up. You have a lot of posts with major hang ups about lightskin people. It's very telling in your posts.
Nope...and we barely had any light skin people.

And your response suggests I struck a nerve.

Are you uncomfortable being called "African American?"

African
African
African
African

Say it with me:

"I am AfriCAN, I am smart and I am worthy."

Breathe deep, drink a glass of water and touch grass.

Daps
Your culture as an American is not the same as a Nigerian.

To say that all Black people are ethnically the same is a mistake.
Did I say anything about culture???

No.

If the Nigerian, Black American, Afro-Latino and Afro-Portuguese all walk down the street, they'll be viewed the same way until they open their mouths and speak.