Raw is going to Netflix for 5 billi

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
If you don’t remember then you definitely are misremembering wrong. WWE network was clowned into oblivion. Laughed off the stage like a comedian on showtime at the Apollo

From my time here and my friends circle, people were just laughing at how low the price was for the PPVs and saying they wouldnt make up that money. Not laughing because the thing existed.

People were making jokes about how hard they were pushing the "Only 9 dollars" shyt throughout the entire broadcast.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I dont remember people laughing at the concept, if anything people were happy because you went from paying 40 bucks for a ppv to "Only 9 dollars" for PPVs and a back catalog. What people were skeptical about is if they would be able to make up the revenue with only charging 9 dollars.

I havent seen the financial numbers so i dont know if that did turn out to be profitable before the Peackock deal.
Nope People were definitely clowning them for creating the network, and mocking the whole "9.99" phrase they kept saying. They were profitable before Peacock but the Peacock deal gave them the financial security they were looking for, and that's why people are trying to lock up streaming deals now.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Nope People were definitely clowning them for creating the network, and mocking the whole "9.99" phrase they kept saying. They were profitable before Peacock but the Peacock deal gave them the financial security they were looking for, and that's why people are trying to lock up streaming deals now.

Thats what i remember. They were mocked for the price point and saying they were dumb for no longer selling something for 40 bucks and selling it all for 9 dollars. Not mocking the existence of the actual network, folks were happy about being able to stream old shows and PPVs in general.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Why not just move it to Peacock?

That app stay dropping the ball lol.

That’s why I’ll only have it if it stays at 19.99 for a year for me lol

• Dap
Reactions: jeh

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX

Peacock is already tied up in a current billion dollar deal with the WWE, also Comcast might be buying WBD in the future.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps

NBC probably got outbid like Amazon did

Lost in all the chatter about whether or not viewers will be lost and if people want to pay for Netflix is the fact that 500 million a year for the next 10 years is secured. Like, locked in. Signed. Check cut. That’s the important part lol

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Can anyone explain why these companies keep paying wwe ridiculous amounts of money?

Is NIck khan that good of a finesser?

Put it like this.. once AEW gets Its increase, all of this will be a great indication of just how much wrestling fans undervalue wrestlings worth.

nikkas still arguing about Nielsen ratings like it’s 97. We’re not as smart as we think

Last edited:

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
So that means wrestlers on Raw can use profanity now :patrice:

Seth "fukking" Rollins :jbhmm:
Raw-Underground-Shane-McMahon.png

we byke :wow: