Raw is going to Netflix for 5 billi

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
It just feels like a gamble in terms of popularity.

10 years is a LONG ass time. Will Netflix continue to grow and basically become the prime content provider like old cable? Will the streaming bubble go to shyt and not even Netflix be safe?

It for sure this deal saves them from financial instability once this current boom eventually fades but we have no fukking clue how it will affect the U.S audience in short term. By 2028 it might be easier to watch Netflix than USA Network for all we know.

Internationally it's gonna be a big hit, I think. They are gonna get even more offers for big overseas shows and possibly whole tours were WWE just reaps the benefits with minimum costs.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rock and Ari exclusive interview on CNBC in a few minutes. They're ringing the opening bell.

Last edited:

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
It just feels like a gamble in terms of popularity.

10 years is a LONG ass time. Will Netflix continue to grow and basically become the prime content provider like old cable? Will the streaming bubble go to shyt and not even Netflix be safe?

It for sure this deal saves them from financial instability once this current boom eventually fades but we have no fukking clue how it will affect the U.S audience in short term. By 2028 it might be easier to watch Netflix than USA Network for all we know.

Internationally it's gonna be a big hit, I think. They are gonna get even more offers for big overseas shows and possibly whole tours were WWE just reaps the benefits with minimum costs.
Who knows.. but I can say that as of today,

1. more homes have Netflix than USA Network (it’s actually not even close)

And 2. WWE’s programming isn’t exclusively housed on Netflix. It’s RAW, their current second most watched show. They still have shows on USA and CW..

So I wouldn’t worry lol. A gamble would be the entire company shifting to a streaming platform. This is one single show

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
In case anyone was curious. It will stay on Monday and stay 3-hours.

Bizarre call, the only reason they had that 3rd hour was because USA was paying them too much money for it. Netflix doesn't need that 3rd weekly hour, at least not yet, they ain't competing with anyone live and it's best for them to have a better show, which will undoubtedly be in 2 hours instead of 3 :pachaha:

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh sh1t, this is crazy. One of their biggest changes since the Network. Seems like a bad idea tbh, I think they'll lose some audience and I think Netflixs audience is just interested in their old stuff. But they've made a lot of good business decisions in the last 10 yrs, so we'll see

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
I dont believe we will reach a point where Sunday football on network TV does not exist. That would be the quickest way to lose a lot of money.

Keep in mind, Disney saw the difference in ratings from when Monday Night Football was exclusively on ESPN and when they simulcast it on ABC and choose to put more games back on ABC.
A lot of that had to deal with the strikes so they legit didn’t have shyt to show on ABC…we’ll see if they do that again next year.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
I haven’t watched RAW legally or reliably in forever. This is a win.
Bro, this. I haven’t watched RAW legally in like a decade. I have not paid for cable since the internet boom

Watchwrestling has fed me for a long time..

I won’t be watching Smackdown legally once they jump over either. Hate to say it lol