So What Exactly is Wrong with "Social Justice"?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I see the shattered remnants of #Trumpset on here getting triggered about the "SJWs" and "cultural Marxism", but I'd love an explanation on exactly why equality and justice for the oppressed and marginalized is a bad idea.
"Social justice" is simply a term people use to describe advocacy for a social group that doesn't include them and they don't really give a shyt about. Nobody uses the term "social justice" when the issue applies to them directly.

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
I see the shattered remnants of #Trumpset on here getting triggered about the "SJWs" and "cultural Marxism", but I'd love an explanation on exactly why equality and justice for the oppressed and marginalized is a bad idea.
A member of the shattered remnant checking in: equality and justice are not bad ideas. Electing Hillary after everything she pulled would have been the bad idea.

Biden or Bernie -- or Kamala or Corey. Any number of people, just not the Clintons.

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
They're demonizing people who feel victimized or are standing up for the victimized.

It's a way to turn the victims into the bad guys, and dismiss their claims.

It's sociopathic behavior to dismiss those being victimized, especially if the victim's argument is "Stop killing us".

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
Thank you for being clear this time. Now that that has been established, you are a c00n(assuming you really are black). Regurgitating tired alt-right talking points means you deserve the label and just like I would tell a racist who hates being called a racist: you are what are. There is nothing deep or intellectual about posting ready made nonsense. Nothing you said is new and it's rehashed on here a million times. I suggest you try your luck in TLR.
That's right on point, and it's such a funny thing to watch. People think because they support black athletes, or are friends with the Indian guy that owns the resteraunt down the street, dated a Chinese girl in college, or think MLK Jr was a hero, or love Bob Marley's music, that they are somehow immune to racism. They are fooling themselves, they know what is in their heart, they know what the inner monologue is when they see the Mike Brown situation, I grew up around these folks, I see people I associated with in high school make these Facebook posts with the false equivalencies, or these made up, fake news infowars statistics. I always say, this Trump presidency has so many folks that I grew up with turning into Remy from higher learning. These people across America are unlocking their inner racist, and if they get called out on it, they act surprised, like "how can you think that, you know me".....nah mutha fukka, you know you, take a look in the fukking mirror.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
Social Justice today is trendy and completely detached from the real world and any dose of reality or critique creates toddler-like behavior....

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They're demonizing people who feel victimized or are standing up for the victimized.

It's a way to turn the victims into the bad guys, and dismiss their claims.

It's sociopathic behavior to dismiss those being victimized, especially if the victim's argument is "Stop killing us".
do you feel like the average social justice cricles (feminists,liberals, lgbt) represent black interests?

IDK how anyone can believe that after the way Ferguson was co-opted.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
:francis: The defining of terms should always be encouraged...

Also "justice" is completely subjective. We can all agree there is nothing wrong with it and be talking about wildly different things.
Equality(defined as "equal" by the poster you are:cape: for) is :mjlol: The same man isn't even equal to himself on different days, yet alone some one else.

:comeon:
You are arguing semantics :dead:

fact

Fukk you thought it was?
Daps
Reppin
How you gonna ROFL with a hollow back?
at least this thread helped answer OP's question.

"so what exactly is wrong with social justice?"

maybe it's because the people who usually debate FOR the side of 'social justice' are hypocrites who fail to practice what they preach and rely on emotions instead of FACTS.

OHYL34.gif
I guess the facts are that it's "cool" to be a scumbag. :mjpls:
We are definitely not evolving as human beings, I just don't understand it.

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
SJWs are in my opinion more racist and prejudice than your run-of-the-mill redneck idiot. At least with the redneck racist, they are honest with themselves and bigotry is out in the open...

SJWs are the ones trying to rename Harlem...

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
:francis: The defining of terms should always be encouraged...

Also "justice" is completely subjective. We can all agree there is nothing wrong with it and be talking about wildly different things.
Equality(defined as "equal" by the poster you are:cape: for) is :mjlol: The same man isn't even equal to himself on different days, yet alone some one else.

:comeon:

You are arguing semantics :dead:
as a mod, a writer, and podcaster pretending you don't know the term is dishonest.

And clearly, you're trying to make this an argument about semantics. OP was very clear.

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
Nothing is wrong with Social Justice. I have always thought the term SJW was meant sarcastically, and that's why it's supposed to be an insult. Because people labeled as SJWs aren't really about Social Justice, they're just making big deals out of nothing for whatever reason (attention, narcissism, being a contrarian, paranoia, etc...).

For instance, a lot of the shyt here as examples of SJWs

http://www.reddit.com/r/TumblrInAction/

Is Walk on the Wild Side transphobic? Student group issues apology after playing Lou Reed song

British Experts Claim Telling Pregnant Women Not to Drink Is 'Sexist'…

Let's Talk About Thin Privilege - Everyday Feminism

The Worst of 2016: Progressive Social Media Freak-outs Over ‘Problematic’ Products

Last edited: